Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Graphics look great for last gen. (Holy shit Raditz' hair looks awesome)

2) Controls are gonna take some time to get used to, I found myself locking off my opponent a lot because of it. They really differ from, say, Raging Blast.

You need to use the triggers (L2/R2) in order to do special moves like Kamehameha or Galick Gun, and I've noticed that you can't charge your Ki unless you have it equiped as special move (Vegeta has this). For the most part I'm fine with this.

Link to controls: http://www.shonengamez.com/2014/09/20/dragon-ball-xenoverse-controls/

3) Gameplay is quick. Too quick in the first match. It barley gives time to learn the things you need to be able to play. There really should have been some sort of tutorial for this, but if there is I have yet to find it.

4) Toki Toki City (treated as a lobby) looks great but there is some slow down when trying to load what's on screen.

Only done two fights vs the CPU thus far so. Gonna try one of the quests I've seen around in a minute.

Overall it's giving me mixed reaction but moving more toward the positive side of that mix. I'm sure it'll get better the more I play of it.

OH YEAH! I just heard some of the original Budokai soundtrack here, that's *censored*ing nostalgic.

Archived