WCW mode rumored for 2K15?

nystyle

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Why would they say this early?

Amazon always posts the WWE games release dates early. Last year they posted October 29 for WWE 2K14 in April and two years before they spoiled the whole WWE 12 reveal (being the new name) and release date in April.

I have a feeling that 360 and ps3 will get the release in October or December with the next gen release being closer to WM. I believe in June we will get the last gen reveal as usual. Sometime before release I believe we will see a next gen trailer outlining some exclusive features like 10 man survivor series matches or something.

I doubt they'd pass up Xmas sales is where my theory comes from.

I'd rather not have a WCW mode. Really what's it gonna be, you meet certain objectives and towards the end the n.w.o runs in and beats you down? WCW fans were great but the product was not on par with WWE. That mode sounds as interesting as having Mike Tyson as DLC.

I'd rather not have a WCW mode. Really what's it gonna be, you meet certain objectives and towards the end the n.w.o runs in and beats you down? WCW fans were great but the product was not on par with WWE. That mode sounds as interesting as having Mike Tyson as DLC.

Any mode they go with is going to be meet certain objectives cutscene move on. After you've got the trophies/gamerscore do you ever replay them? The real life of these games lies in its core gameplay and it needs to get sorted out quickly, any mode beyond that and universe feels like an excuse to add more wrestlers to the roster and move animations for caws

Sadly, I don't think this is going to happen now, unless they signed Sting for the game on their own. WCW without Sting would be like the WWF without Stone Cold Steve Austin.

And given WWE games' history, I doubt enough significant improvements will be made to the create modes for us to make our own WCW. Story designer is broken, they screwed up create-an-arena with the logo size issue, there's still no preset WCW stages, several logos are missing (Thunder, Clash, Starrcade, etc.), can't put logos on floor mats, still don't have the full color palette in create-a-logo, etc. I might hold out for next year, but we'll see.

Nothing wrong with a huge roster. I wonder how they will top 2k14. Given the history of 2k gamed especially for nba2k series, I think some sort of career mode will be implemented. They'll just add historic scenes for objectives. They should still keep the WCW theme separate just as they did in past games.

looking back over some wwe12 videos, such as this one, is just making me more mad about the whole thing:

There we see the WCW Nitro arena, and it's almost 100% correct in it's detailing. The Nitro logos stay on the banners during OMG's entrance; it has a WCW Nitro nameplate during the entrance etc. But it doesn't have the WCW US or WCW Tag titles from wwe13's edit-a-title mode etc. And that Hogan CAW won't have all of Hogan's moves etc.

I honestly think they should just throw the Classic Nitro/Nitro 99 and Thunder/Starrcade + Attitude Era RAW IS WAR/RAW 2002, Ovaltron SD/Fist SD arenas into the game and be done with it. Even I don't need a Monday Night War history lesson story mode, or a WCW history lesson story mode. But I would really like these assets to be in the game for me to set-up Universe Mode without compromizes and half-steps.

That's weird. I could swear that's the SvR 2011 version of that arena. The WWE 12 version messed it up by changing the apron logo, and making the WCW letters orange instead of silver.

I agree with you, though. They should give us those arenas because it can be a hassle to try to work with the limited tools they give you to make it yourself.

I go everywhere else in this forum and its "jobbers this, jobbers that, why can't the product be like it was before when it was good, I don't watch anymore cause its garbage". Come in this thread "ENOUGH OLD STUFF, I WANT A CURRENT ROSTER WITH NXT GUYS AND A GOOD UNIVERSE MODE, JUST CURRENT"

I hope not, sick of the vintage shit.

Ugh same here.

I would just like to see a focus on the modern era with NXT included. Maybe even a few legends just for fun, but I don't want a focus on the past.

I don't think it will just be a WCW theme. I think its going to be a Monday night war theme. Meaning you may see matches like Sting v Hogan for starrcade 97, as well as WWE matches. ECW might show its face too.

I don't mind the legends and anyone else. The more the better. It should be done with re-living history. Whatever this MODE will be should be more focused on current roster. How much can 2k do with re-telling the past. Personally I wouldn't mind the last two years modes fused together for 2k15. Then have a seperate Mycareer mode for current roster. Promotion for 2k15 would also be interesting because last year, their strategy really sucked. Also, for the love of God 2k, NO YELLOW EYEBROWS for Hollywood Hogan if he makes the cut again.

I wouldn't mind the last two years modes fused together for 2k15.

I really don't think that's a good idea. That's just laziness at the highest level, just giving us the AE mode and 30YWM from the past 2 games. It's a terrible idea that will receive many complaints.

There's no reason why the WCW arenas should have been removed for the WWF Attitude arenas, or why those should have been removed for the WrestleMania arenas. It's not like we have Season Modes full of unoptomized voice clips taking-up precious disc space. And it's not 2005 working with single layer DVDs anymore either. I for one liked the Championship Scramble match. Rabble, Rabble!

I wished they would have kept those arenas in, aswell. And I also liked the scramble match.

Hopefully 2k will bring all that back into the new game....

I hope not, sick of the vintage shit.

This. I want some retro characters...Vader, Road Warriors, Scott Hall, Bam Bam, etc...but I don't want any emphasis on retro storylines.

If there going to have retro characters fine... but cut back on some of the duplicate characters. I can put up with Diesel and Kevin Nash or Razor Ramon and Scott Hall, but did we need 2 Kevin Nashs or 2 Scott Halls?

Definitely. The dups are pointless as hell. I remember back in the older games when they would have Mick Foley with all three faces of Foley as alternate attires on the same character select tile, and they all had different music/entrances, etc. Obviously it could be done back then. Why can't it be done in 2014?

Definitely. The dups are pointless as hell. I remember back in the older games when they would have Mick Foley with all three faces of Foley as alternate attires on the same character select tile, and they all had different music/entrances, etc. Obviously it could be done back then. Why can't it be done in 2014?

Why should it be done?

I, for example, had three brands in WWE'13.

ECW - Cactus Jack

Raw - Mankind

SmackDown - Dude Love

It's way better to have these seperated.

So we can use all the gimmicks at the same time or even have Triple Threat matches between them. Not to mention that we can edit the entrances and put them into different Tag-TEams/Stables.

In the same way last years rumoured golden era ended up being 30 years of wrestlemania, I'm thinking well get a network mode if we get any relive mode. I'd expect it to feature some classic WCW matches like Flair vs Sting, Goldberg vs Hogan and Cactus vs Vader. Along with classics from ECW, WWE and the short lived history of NXT. As much as I'd enjoy a decent nwa/wcw roster, I think WWE will want some constant reminder to all nonsubscribers of what they have on offer.

Archived