Unpopular Wrestling Opinions VI

JGPLX.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012 was my favourite. And I'm dead serious with that.

Isn't that where Jericho was doing his awesome comeback gimmick and Sheamus won? I like that one quite a bit myself.

What I liked about the match is that it was very well strutctured. The comedy parts didn't annoy me, they were actually funny, because they came at the right time and were executed right. Ricardo was the best one, but Kharma's cameo was nice aswell. The match seems to get a lot dislike on caws though

From what I remember, I only really liked the 'final 2' battle between Jericho and Sheamus. Admittedly though, I don't recall most of it, except that Road Dogg and Kharma were surprise entrants... and Big Show eliminating the guys who were actually putting in work and had been solid throughout the match. -_-

Punk's idea would be to give everyone a fair chance though, not hold back majority and keep them from outshining the bigger star.

I don't think Punk would be that democratic, everyone and anyone who has gotten to the top had to be political (bar Bryan maybe), Punk would be no different, but who knows?

Dunno, his documentary says otherwise. I'm not sure if Cena was entirely political, as he seemed to be the one who was working hard. Same with Bret. In Cena's case, naturally you'd want to put the title on someone who's willing to work pretty hard for the company and make him the face of the company, no?

Sandow should have been treated way better.

How is this unpopular? Even I agree, and I hate Sandow and his overrated ass.

Ryback was ready. He's one if the few wrestlers that went from destroying jobbers, to mid card guys and finally main eventers. The problem is that he was fed to Cena and turned heel which killed everything for him.

Roman was immediately put against Main eventers and was given no time to develop as a singles wrestler. The one saving grace is that he's extemely over with the crowds which so was Ryback.

I think the problem was moreso being fed to Punk than to Cena. They fed him to Punk at a time when Punk was pretty hot, and they wanted to continue Punk's streak. Ryback being equally hot at the time, was the fall guy, as one guy had to lose, and quite clearly it wasn't going to Punk at that stage of the game. Once he lost that HIAC it was never the same for him, his character lost that credibility. And this was long before he turned heel, I think the heel turn was WWE's attempt to regain that, but again, being put against Cena, one guy is going to come out on top, and it wasn't Ryback.

no way, it's Cena's fault because Cena suxorz and Punk's the bestest ever!!!!11 Cena a bitch, just like how he's the only one who buried Dolf and Sandow!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 CUCK FENA

I'm legit shocked you're blaming Punk instead of Cena. I think turning him heel was the worst move as they could have continued his rampage. Losing to the Shield constantly probably didn't help either, though at least it was three against one.

Of course Cena was political, but that doesn't mean the dude hasn't worked hard and that's the same for any top guy. I'm no insider on what guys and gals have to do to stay on top, just going off of what many wrestlers have said over the years and how it's very hard next to impossible to get to the top and stay there without being political at some point or other. I don't know what you mean by Cena not being entirely political, in my opinion he's one of the biggest politicians there, but that is just my opinion.

I'm saying that his push and reign at the top was more due to him working hard and doin stuff for WWE than anything else, along with fitting WWE's dumb idea of a superstar. But I'm one of those people who thinks Cena gets unfairly blamed when even he has no say when the powers make a decision.

I'm saying that his push and reign at the top was more due to him working hard and doin stuff for WWE than anything else, along with fitting WWE's dumb idea of a superstar. But I'm one of those people who thinks Cena gets unfairly blamed when even he has no say when the powers make a decision.

Cena got noticed by breaking the mold, getting over with the crowd and working his ass off. As he got more support he then changed like ages after. He even said himself he got into a lot of trouble over his character and stuff but he persisted and got big.

I completely disagree about that being the main reason he's been on top for such a long time, it's a combination, merch, right people in your corner, politics, etc.

Oh, forgot about the merch, but even that's not enough, otherwise Ryder wouldn't have been buried. WWE makes me wonder sometimes.

Cena had the machine behind him, Ryder didn't. Sure merch ain't enough and Cena had poor ratings in his segments when he initially moved over to Raw but he was the guy they had already started to invest in. Let's face it as well, Cena's moved loads of merch consistently over the years so it's a big reason as to why he's still on top, but as I said, it's not just that one thing.

He's probably been able to do that because he has more new merchandise releases than anyone else, I guess.

Here was an unpopular opinion: Dean Ambrose's style in the ring suits his character the most. He may not be the most exciting in the ring, but he tells a story well. That clothesline rebound is shit though, but at least he sells the attack.

Archived