Speculation- Jericho maybe in 2K15

1ManGang

so this scanning thing is for the new engines? or is it also for ps3 and xbox360?

Apologies for my lack of knowledge....just keep in mind that some people are not 'that' kind of smart :P

PS4/Xbox one will use the same engine as ps3/360. Engines have to do with gameplay, not graphics, afaik.

Not true. The engine simply refers to the tools used to create the game. New, more intuitive and powerful tools create better visuals within the game space. But the engine encompasses everything. How lighting works, how physics are applied to models and textures, how fast textures load into the game, are all the result of the engine used to make the game and how well it's utilized.

Older engines, just like operating systems, are not compatible with newer software and upgrades. That's why you need new engines for better graphics because the old set of tools have limits.

As far as the same one being used for the PS360...I don't know. Konami managed to scale down their next gen "Fox Engine" to fit onto last gen consoles and it looks damn good. If you're right then it's a win win for everyone.

And of course, new engines allow more freedom in the programming of stuff, allowing features to be taken further in less time, and to be cleaned up much easier.

Is 2K15 even coming out for last-gen systems? Haven't heard anything about that.

If it is, why is 2K wasting time and resources on last-gen?

Because most still have a 360/PS3...cutting them out this early would equal less sales.

^ If 2K are as lazy as THQ were then yes.

What? If a new engine was given to last gen too so they play the same. How is that lazy? It's the same game, it should be the same. Aside from stuff the last gen systems can't handle.

Got a feeling this years game will be like SVR 07 was on 360 compared to PS2 in terms of the current : last gen contrast. Not expecting miracles.

2Ks influence on 2k14 was the universe stability and consistency in which a 2K guy went through their implements that THQ struggled with.

Also the voices during the entrances and commentary during entrances.

So much like SVR 07 I think the current gen will get an a graphic enhancement and extra feature like the sweat stuff in 07 and a few more of 2Ks little inserted tweaks. Whilst current gen will have fewer tweaks, same graphics possible extra feature watered down. But maybe a more cleaned up bug free game all in all.

I really think people are raising there hopes too high. Personally I d like to see creat a tron return along with a new creation Create A Comeback. Maybe a new match type brought back like casket / buried alive and then Steel cage and elimination chamber overhauled too. Also the Manager System inserted LOW style.

Although gameplay of course is core and essential there are only so many times you can have a match before it becomes repetitive. For me I hold features just as important. For variety and game lifespan. Particularly match types.

To me steel cage is boring, the chamber is limited so I prefer hell in a cell. If they all played with a different specific feel I would enjoy the variety but untill they are tweaked they won't.

Same with ladder, table and TLC. If ladder matches had different sized ladders and dynamics I would play them more. Same with the tables. So I prefer TLC cos it blend together and plays out better cos the other two match types are not concentrated enough.

Same with extreme rules, last man standing and FCA. If FCA really was, and extreme rules was more extreme I wouldn't stick to Last Man Standing so much.

So that's 9 match types that really you could play in 3 and get the same overall experience. There needs to be more envoiroment hot spots for wrestling and weapon use. More weapon types. More areas to fight both around the stage and crowd aswell as backstage. Just think how much more interesting FCAs would be along with table matches alone.

So for me I'd like to see a more concentrated upgraded focus on the specifics and mechanics of match types so they all feel specific to their cause.

But with a yearly title I just don't think that's gonna happen.

Is 2K15 even coming out for last-gen systems? Haven't heard anything about that.

Because most still have a 360/PS3...cutting them out this early would equal less sales

me!

Because most still have a 360/PS3...cutting them out this early would equal less sales

me!

This ones tricky, the 8th gen machines have landed more early adopters than previous gens. Also 2k15 will be current in time for xmas and 8th gen machines will be easier to find than the previous xmas. I'd expect to see 2k15 feature in some bundles, and lets also consider this years COD is next gen only, this may be a trend moving forward

I think it was just a general statement, I wouldn't think too much of it.

Reason i think its a good inclination is like it was said before. This will be the first game since attitude that wrestlers are scanned. For him to specifically say 'scanned' for a video game I could see this being a good clue he was at least asked.

Off topic: wwe -2- jericho said at one point he was to be dlc but was taken out. Anyone know why he was removed? Always wondered this.

Reason i think its a good inclination is like it was said before. This will be the first game since attitude that wrestlers are scanned. For him to specifically say 'scanned' for a video game I could see this being a good clue he was at least asked.

Off topic: wwe -2- jericho said at one point he was to be dlc but was taken out. Anyone know why he was removed? Always wondered this.

May sound like a dumb question but do we know for certain that he isnt confussed between being scanned and having reference photos taken from different angles? If thats the case he could be talking about a past game

I'm not sure if it's the real reason or not just what I heard. But Jericho felt like he should've been on the game in the first place, so he didn't want to be DLC.

I will stick with ps3 because ps4 doesn't have mp3 compatibility. So caws have no custom music. If they fix this i will consider ps4. I think people forgot about that detail

E3 is 4 weeks away, I'm expecting Sony/Microsoft to reveal mp3 & external hard drive support then as both are easy system update patches

Jericho being scanned with his current look pretty much confirms he will be back in the WWE by the end of the year, unless they photoshop his tattoos out, he's got even more since he last left.

Archived