Speculation- Jericho maybe in 2K15

1ManGang

Jericho gave an interview today about his relationship with WWE. In it he said:

"For relevant reasons. Once in a while you'll shoot texts back and forth with somebody, or if there's some business thing going on, like if they need something signed or a scan for a video game or something like that but it's not like I talk to the WWE every week and give them my thoughts on what's going on with them or they call me and give their opinions on what I've been doing."

We have known for years THQ never scanned WWE talent for their video games. WWF Attitude was the last WWE game to scan wrestlers faces. In the making of Smackdown vs Raw 2009 dvd they confirmed that they use reference pics taken by WWE and a photo program to turn wrestlers faces in pictures in to what we see in game because it is quicker and cheaper.

Justin Gabriel reveiled that 2K15 is scanning talent, like he was, so this information from Jericho tells me that it is very possible they have at least contacted him to be in WWE 2K15.

http://nodq.com/wwe/401679816.shtml

Jericho gave an interview today about his relationship with WWE. In it he said:

"For relevant reasons. Once in a while you'll shoot texts back and forth with somebody, or if there's some business thing going on, like if they need something signed or a scan for a video game or something like that but it's not like I talk to the WWE every week and give them my thoughts on what's going on with them or they call me and give their opinions on what I've been doing."

We have known for years THQ never scanned WWE talent for their video games. WWF Attitude was the last WWE game to scan wrestlers faces. In the making of Smackdown vs Raw 2009 dvd they confirmed that they use reference pics taken by WWE and a photo program to turn wrestlers faces in pictures in to what we see in game because it is quicker and cheaper.

Justin Gabriel reveiled that 2K15 is scanning talent, like he was, so this information from Jericho tells me that it is very possible they have at least contacted him to be in WWE 2K15.

http://nodq.com/wwe/401679816.shtml

Good find. Y2J said in a March interview, around WrestleMania, that he has been contacted for various merchandise opportunities lately (video games, action figures, dvds) when discussing his relationship with WWE at the time like he did in this interview so it is very possible that Jericho is on the roster list (or at least was at one point).

so this scanning thing is for the new engines? or is it also for ps3 and xbox360?

Apologies for my lack of knowledge....just keep in mind that some people are not 'that' kind of smart :P

I hate to bring up the TNA game, but no matter how you felt about it, you can't deny the models looked bloody fantastic. And I bring that up because scanning IS the method midway used for it.

Mind you, hair didn't flow in the TNA game, but I'm sure 2K can make that happen.

Even though that Booker T was awful there were some decent looking models too. So is that because the ref pics for some wrestlers were better than others? Or was it simply the time and effort spent on the models varied? Also if it was cheap and quicker how come Corey Ledesma said it takes 3 months to get a model created from scratch? Cheaper maybe but not quicker.

Even though that Booker T was awful there were some decent looking models too. So is that because the ref pics for some wrestlers were better than others? Or was it simply the time and effort spent on the models varied? Also if it was cheap and quicker how come Corey Ledesma said it takes 3 months to get a model created from scratch? Cheaper maybe but not quicker.

Err... well, Ledesma tended to be full of shit dude.

Err... well, Ledesma tended to be full of shit dude.

I'm just trying to piece together the facts and understand the process here. I'm fully aware of his misdeeds.

I cant say how long a model would take exactly, but I feel i can safely say 3 months is a gross exaguration.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure this means nothing. THQ did 'scan' their photos in, there was a video of John Morrison being photoed for it one year during the pre-release. Also, the word 'scan' is pretty ambiguous when it comes to character model design. The only reason this could mean something is that he's said he's done it since leaving.

so this scanning thing is for the new engines? or is it also for ps3 and xbox360?

Apologies for my lack of knowledge....just keep in mind that some people are not 'that' kind of smart :P

PS4/Xbox one will use the same engine as ps3/360. Engines have to do with gameplay, not graphics, afaik.

I guarantee the game will play differently on next-gen just like some games from last-gen to next-gen. Last-gen will probably have the same engine as last year with tweaks

The main reason games play differently between generations is normally due to the studio only working on the latest generation of hardware, and using a different studio for the previous gen. Like Titanfall is a respawn game but they only made the XB1 & PC versions and hired a seperate team to build the 360 version for them. If Visual Concepts only work on the 8th gen versions, then expect nothing beyond a roster update for PS3 & 360

PS4/Xbox one will use the same engine as ps3/360. Engines have to do with gameplay, not graphics, afaik.

They said before wwe13 came out that next gen would have a new engine.

Ps3/Xbox 360 will be a roster update the next 2 years and thats it. Time to upgrade. Gameinformer had an article last fall about how we'll see current gen games end sooner than in the past bc of the costs of making next gen games.

Archived