Jerry Lawler's Interesting Idea To Make WWE Matches More Entertaining

.Sy™

Reddit SquaredCircle user johnazoidberg met WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo and posted an interesting idea Lawler had for making matches more interesting...

"Jerry Lawler is at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo to promote a comic he draws covers for, and I asked him who his favorite guy is right now. He answered Daniel Bryan, and then went on to explain the he dislikes guys who have the same match every time. "If you've seen one Ric Flair match, you've seen them all. And John Cena's starting to become like that too. If I was Vince, every 3 months I'd get all the guys together and tell them not to use any of the moves they've been using for the next 3 months." Interesting idea that I'd actually like to see."

Source

"John Cena's starting to become like that, too" lmao

But yeah, apart from that, he's speaking some truth. Maybe that explains why he's gotten so horrendous on commentary.

Lawler actually saying something that I agree with? Hmmm...

Also, the matches would be better if the commentary would give it a *censored*ing rest. There's rarely a single moment when one of the three isn't talking. There is no time for memorable moments to occur during matches. You need those moments of silence. That's why JR was great. He only talked when he needed to. That's what commentary should do. They shouldn't bicker the entire time for no reason.

Yeah it's really time to make a change at the table. I'm not going to say fire any of those 3 but separate them to different shows and bring in some one/more people to work with them on a weekly basis.

I've been wanting Road Dogg on commentary for a while now and I'd like Rene Young to get a chance on there also.

Give Tensai and Scott Stanford a shot at the Raw or Smackdown Table here and there. Just switch it up basically.

onasdcnjsepionawvb Jerry Lawler actually still cares about wrestling and is just bored of guys like Cena? ......in the absolute weirdest way, this explains why his commentary is so bad...

Anyway, I agree to a certain extent. I'm definitely down with having guys swap around moves, but keep some of their signature moves, ya know?

It's an interesting idea, though it shouldn't be that exactly. Wrestlers should have some core moves that they always use outiside of Signatures and Finishers (like Bryan kicking someones head off when they're on their knees). I do like the idea of rotating out what I'd call "Variety Moves". Take Cena for example: When was the last time you saw him do a Powerbomb? Swap out his Fame Asser for that and more then I think you'd have something.

Another thing about the current Raw commentary team, is that it feels like they're all there just to have fun. It doesn't feel like they're doing a job. Jerry and JBL are both in the HoF...and I think they feel like they have a free pass to just go out there and have a grand old time, and laugh and make jokes. It's offensive to me. Cole is the only one who still acts like a goddamn professional.

Another thing about the current Raw commentary team, is that it feels like they're all there just to have fun. It doesn't feel like they're doing a job. Jerry and JBL are both in the HoF...and I think they feel like they have a free pass to just go out there and have a grand old time, and laugh and make jokes. It's offensive to me. Cole is the only one who still acts like a goddamn professional.

Hell, even Josh Matthews on the pre-show sounds more professional and actually trying then Lawler or JBL. *Censored*, at this point all JBL does is yell "MAGGLE" and go off on a tangent on why someone who is clearly doing something wrong isn't bad. That's not what a heel commentator does; you promote them for their underhanded tactics or being smarter then their opponents. Now he just goes "WELL IT'S NOT REALLY LIKE THAT". And don't even get me started on faces....

"SHE'S TWERKING MAGGLE, EMMA'S TWERKING AND SHE'S TERRIBLE MAGGLE. SHE'S TERRIBLE EVEN THOUGH I'M THE GM OF NXT AND KNOW SHE'S NOT BUT SHE IS NOW MAGGLE."

Damn you King I thought he was gonna say something like having Divas in the ring....Anywho, I disagree with this. Most of Cena matches are the same when it comes to RAW. But at PPVs hes pretty diverse.

So...12 matches or so over a year period.....

they don't need to stop using the moves they do, they need to add new moves to their set every few matches.

I think that's what he means. Take out certain moves and do others, keep it fresh.

Something I don't like about commentary is that when someone is getting beaten down, they're all somber about it. Scream about how it isn't right like JR used to.

I still hate the end of the streak, specifically for the commentary. I don't think JBL or Lawler said anything...and Cole just went "The streak...is over." What? If JR was out there, he would've been all like "Not this way, I don't believe it! Goddammit. Lesnar and that snake Heyman have ended the Undertaker's streak!"

I saw this on a forum the other day, was gonna post it myself but thought posting Reddit as a source would've been advertising.

Anyway he has a point but I think it would get a bit confusing tbg, just have them mix it up, not drop all moves completely.

and to quote me from another forum

"Him staying away from commentary would work too.

and I see him getting heat for this."

Something I don't like about commentary is that when someone is getting beaten down, they're all somber about it. Scream about how it isn't right like JR used to.

I still hate the end of the streak, specifically for the commentary. I don't think JBL or Lawler said anything...and Cole just went "The streak...is over." What? If JR was out there, he would've been all like "Not this way, I don't believe it! Goddammit. Lesnar and that snake Heyman have ended the Undertaker's streak!"

A reaction like that would've ruined it imo, it needed silence for the shock to seep in.

That would have ruined it

Archived