Wrestling Pet Peeves

The D

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the Shield or Wyatts "surround" somebody and said person acts like they're completely surrounded. Except for the side of the ring which is completely empty. Why not just run out the empty side?

better yet, when they come to the ring and the person in the ring just stands there "duhhhhhh derpity derp derp derp", and you're yelling at the tv, "WELL BAIL THE F*** OUTTA THERE AND RUN YOU DUMBASS"

Even JBL tells them to escape "c'mon (insert WWE superstar's name here), it's no shame if you leave, get out of there!"

To make things worse, when the superstar turns in 360 and acts like he actually is surrounded on all sides.

When people will take a move, and then transition awkwardly into position for the next one. It just makes you think... no one would ever have moved like that to get into that position. For example, one I saw recently - The Uso's had just done a superkick or some kind of big move. Their opponent looked like he took a bullet to the head selling that move, and any normal person would have gone to the ground from that kind of impact (looked brutal). However, that guy who took the hit ends up walking backwards while rotating, and ends up in a seated position in the corner, setting up for that running move that the Uso's do to the opponent sitting by the turnbuckle. Looked weird af.

Squash matches. Especially weekly squashes for the same guy - Kozlov, Tensai, Rusev. They sell them as some sort of 'monsters' and to back it up, they have them destroy guys like Sin Cara, Zack Ryder and Xavier Woods who everyone and their mother make their bitches. Yeah, what badasses... But squash matches in general kills the appeal of the character for me even before I could start getting behind it.

I actually love when that happens in matches. The cross body, not so much, even though it looks more painful and usually has more impact. Two superstars going for a Clothesline at the same exact time seems more realistic, because it's more of a desperation move in most cases when trying to slow down momentum.

How the WWE is always in the same boring indoor arenas. They should go outside for once and mix it up.

outside arenas are crowd killers

When was the last time WWE had an outdoor RAW?

____

The Referee stopping his count on a Last Man Standing match even though the person is still on the ground. This happened in the Taker/Big Show match about, I wanna say, 5yrs ago.

Another one is the referee jumping his count on a count out. Like he'll start with 1.......2....... Then all of a sudden he's at ....6.....7......8......9....10. It's that or he's counting off camera.

How the WWE is always in the same boring indoor arenas. They should go outside for once and mix it up.

outside arenas are crowd killers

When was the last time WWE had an outdoor RAW?

Not Raw, but take a look at Wrestlemania 29. The crowd sounded so silent.

I hate how when one of the Usos does their hip attack move in the corner, Michael Cole or JBL always says "shades of his daddy Rikishi!"

I think we all know why they do that, but I'd much rather them not say anything than just flat out lie about who they're paying tribute to.

repeated catchphrases that are annoying. Mainly Rock's "finally THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO." So stupid, and it's far worse of a cheap pop than anything Cena has done.

Or before WrestleMania..."NOW LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHIN' BROTHER!" Every. Single. Monday.

repeated catchphrases that are annoying. Mainly Rock's "finally THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO." So stupid, and it's far worse of a cheap pop than anything Cena has done.

Or before WrestleMania..."NOW LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHIN' BROTHER!" Every. Single. Monday.

"WATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN THE HULKAMANIA, WRESTLEMANIA, AND THE NETWORK RUN WILD ON YOU, BROTHER?"

"WATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN THE HULKAMANIA, WRESTLEMANIA, AND THE NETWORK RUN WILD ON YOU, BROTHER?"

Hogan's return was just a Network plugging scheme for Mania, wasn't it.

Archived