Wrestling Pet Peeves

The D

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Saying "WWE Universe" instead of "fans"
  2. When someone's facing a turnbuckle and pushes themselves up and the person running toward them runs under them and pretends to be confused while the first person jumps back over them. (Not sure if I explained that very well)
  3. The commentary team not focusing on the matches and instead arguing over nonsense
  4. Hornswoggle trying to be funny
  5. Emma's dance
  6. WWE's current taking away of last names for wrestlers
  7. Divas not having last names. Unless your name is completely original, then I see it unfit to have just a single first name as a name.
  8. USA chants when they don't make any sense. (I see this more in TNA, but oh well.)
  9. Tony Chimel's announcing voice.
  10. Jack Swagger not being more credible.

I'm not sure if those all count as pet peeves or not, but they are things that personally bother me. :lol:

The "Universe" thing pisses me off to no end, I just feel alienated as a fan to hear that. It doesn't sound right at all, the WWE can bill all the gimmick matches and wrestlers and ppvs they want, but to do that to fans just feels kinda wrong.

-Reigns and Ambrose going back to their old attire instead of their Wrestlemania 30 attire.

-Antonio, Langston, and now Alexander being removed from the names.

-Batista not wearing his knee-pads properly.

-The constant "CM Punk" chants, like Stephanie McMahon said "you can chant his name all you want, he's not showing up".

I always hated the thing where "If the champion gets DQ'd or counted out he/she retains." They barely do it at all these days, but that shit was annoying when they did. It's like basically what your telling me is if they want to avoid the match they can just take a walk. (I know they can't decide because it's all scripted but still gives me that impression.)

I always hated the thing where "If the champion gets DQ'd or counted out he/she retains." They barely do it at all these days, but that shit was annoying when they did. It's like basically what your telling me is if they want to avoid the match they can just take a walk. (I know they can't decide because it's all scripted but still gives me that impression.)

That is one I don't mind much, as long as it isn't overused, it can be a good heel tactic.

Yes, JBL can actually be pretty annoying. Annoys me when he says "ballgame" and when he has to join in with R-Truth's Whats Up, that's just cringy.

Gawd, I hated when he did that. I was tempted to mute my TV every time.

I hate how Stephanie always says "The demon Kane". It just sounds stupid as hell, say Kane or use the proper demon nickname, at least.

Same when he was in the suit and they kept calling him "Corporate Kane". It's so annoying.

I wish they would've kept calling him "The Big Red Machine". No, not the "The Big Red Monster"... and I like never really liked the "Devil's Favorite Demon".

The stupid shaking head thing Bryan does when he's pumping up, similar to Hogans. Hogans looked fine, but Bryan's moppy hair looks ridiculous when he does it.

Tyson Kidd & Evan Bourne's baby screams in the ring.

Lack of Booker T.

Christian.

Emma's dance.

The stupid shaking head thing Bryan does when he's pumping up, similar to Hogans. Hogans looked fine, but Bryan's moppy hair looks ridiculous when he does it.

Lack of Booker T.

Christian.

Emma's dance.

I actually like it when he does that. It's funny to me. Roman Reigns on the other hand goes a bit overboard sometimes. Sometimes it's funny, but in a way that it just looks ludicrous :laugh: .

Lack of Booker T.

Christian.

Emma's dance.

THIS. Sounds so stupid.

Yes, JBL can actually be pretty annoying. Annoys me when he says "ballgame" and when he has to join in with R-Truth's Whats Up, that's just cringy.

Gawd, I hated when he did that. I was tempted to mute my TV every time.

I hate how Stephanie always says "The demon Kane". It just sounds stupid as hell, say Kane or use the proper demon nickname, at least.

Same when he was in the suit and they kept calling him "Corporate Kane". It's so annoying.

I wish they would've kept calling him "The Big Red Machine". No, not the "The Big Red Monster"... and I like never really liked the "Devil's Favorite Demon".

Yep. He's just repetitivley annoying.

Lack of Booker T.

Christian.

Emma's dance.

I actually like it when he does that. It's funny to me. Roman Reigns on the other hand goes a bit overboard sometimes. Sometimes it's funny, but in a way that it just looks ludicrous :laugh: .

Roman Reigns is the most unintentionally hilarious guy ever. Everytime he shakes his head when he's pumped up or screams before the Triple Powerbomb, I lose my shit.

Supreme lack of psychology during and after Cena's comebacks.

Bad selling, whether Cena during Vengeance against ADR or Hogan or whatnot. The whole superhero thing should have been left in the 80s, even though Cena is supposed to be a superhero for kids.

Archived