Wrestling Pet Peeves

The D

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, try again. You are literally in a sanctioned fight, *censored*ing fight your way out and stop looking for your mummy to help you.

Its dumb. I love submissions that make a point of someone fighting to keep it locked on or someone fighting to get out of it. Like when Lesnar messed AJ up in a calf killer. More of that in wrestling please. That way submissions that actually work look all the more dangerous.

More WWE and TNA specifically, but...

briefcases with guaranteed title shots being on the line, with the current holder of the briefcase not putting them on the line himself.

Because it really lessens the prestige and importance of the initial match.

Feast and Fired does that by concept, but yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

when your beating down an opponent or about to hit your finisher at the end of a match and you stop everything just cause you hear music its not the cops so why bloody stop

I hate this too! Why not just finish the match and then stand there? Especially with babyfaces, makes them look so stupid.

I hate the way the camera tries to sell every strike -- or hide that the strike isn't really connecting -- by zooming in and out really quickly or moving violently around. Not really a wrestling pet peeve, but more so a production pet peeve.

Add the double Superkick to that.

Double superkick is fine as long as each kick is hitting the opposite side of the face. If the feet are too close together though then yeah, it seems pointless.

This was posted in the Unpopular Opinons thread by someone else, and I agree that the double clothesline or double crossbody is awful. It kinda takes you out of the match.

It doesn't take me out of the match as much as i hate seeing two people running full speed, jumping and having their bodies collide with no protection at all.

Never understood why the Bell kept ringing after a brawl breaks out was there ever a reason for that

Do they still do that with the Bell

Its to call for security and/more officials.

.... Almost two and a half decades of watching wrestling and I never got that

Yeah, I always thought that one was pretty straight forward. I'm surprised that people actually have questions about that.

I'm sure it probably goes back to the older days when more shoot fights would break out, and there would be a genuine cause for concern. Something that actually drew the bookers and management from the backstage area. These days, it's just done to add a sense of urgency to the moment. Any kind of frantic ruckus will help rile a crowd up. If you have a moment that you want to come off as hectic and urgent, there aren't too many better ways to get people's attention than literally going *ding, ding, ding, ding, ding* on a big loud bell. In kayfabe, it calls for assistance. But in reality, it's no different than someone standing there yelling "fight! fight! fight! fight!"

Archived