Russo back

Ziggy Vercetti

- There have been a lot of signs lately that Vince Russo is working with TNA again. From an apparent obsession with The Beautiful People to odd title changes, his trademark gauntlet matches and more, all signs have pointed to Russo being involved creatively, regardless of what people in the TNA offices are saying. When talk of Russo comes up, people within TNA get quiet and try to change the story. There's been a feeling that if Russo isn't writing the original scripts for Impact, then he's getting passed scripts to do re-writes.

PWInsider now confirms that Russo is indeed working for TNA again. He is on TNA's payroll as a consultant. Russo has been offering ideas and doing critiques of the TNA TV shows.

TNA creative is currently headed by John Gaburick. His team of writers is made up of David Lagana, Christy Hemme and Matt Conway. Gaburick sets the direction and comes up with ideas, with the help of the team. They then put it on paper and write the script. Apparently Russo is making changes to some original ideas before passing the script back to Gaburick.

Source LOP

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently he isn't back

- Vince Russo did a rare interview this week with WrestleCrap's RD & Blade Show and addressed rumors that he's working with TNA as a consultant to creative:

"First of all, just for the record, let me make one thing perfectly straight: my contract with TNA was over in February 2012. I do not have a contract with TNA that expires in three months. Where that information came from, I have absolutely no idea. I have not been under contract with any wrestling company since February 2012. So everything you read about Oh, hes with TNA and theres still three months left on his contract. Who pulled that out of their backside and why, I have no idea. I am under contract with nobody.

If Im working as a consultant for TNA, if Im working as a consultant for WWE, if Im working as a consultant with Jeff Jarrett, you know what? I choose not to comment on that, because Im just as fascinated to sit back in my house here in the mountains, in beautiful Colorado, and just see how two years and three months I have been out of the business, but yet every day I still seem to be the topic of conversation. And I am totally, totally entertained by that. So if I say Im consulting for Jeff or if Im consulting for Vince or if Im consulting for TNA, it would take the enjoyment out of that for me. My number one priority right now is pyroandballyhoo.com, that is where Im going to be spending the majority of my time."

Source LOP

Archived