Wrestler Responds to Criticism Over Working at Walmart, Says He Gets Paid More Than He Did At TNA

Jmerc

It was reported by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter this week that former TNA star Jesse Neal is now working the night shift at Walmart in Orlando. Once the news got out, Neal wrote the following on Twitter:
"It's funny how ppl make fun about real jobs and wrestlers we r human too and I have a family to provide for. So YES I man up and provide/"
"The biggest joke of all is I get paid way more at Walmart then I ever did in TNA and on time. #whatawasteoftime #PrintThat"
"I started wrestling to live a dream/make money/tell stories/learn as much as I can to give back to the people. Which I was as a kid."
"Don't think that this is bitterness or pissed I'm not on their show anymore. Cuz remember I left them they didn't leave me. #truth"
"I'm still wrestling an loving it Having more fun then I've ever had There's a lot of lies going around its just time ppl heard the #truth"

I'm surprised this *Censored* even got paid, he wasn't useful. Joey Ryan(I think) himself said he was at home collecting checks while not being used.

So why exactly the hostile *Censored* response? He simple responds to immature wrestling fans who made fun of him for working a normal job while wrestling and such,so that makes him a *Censored*? And obviously you must of been in a big spot in the company to know how "useful" he was. I mean just because a fan sees a wrestler they don't enjoy,they wouldn't dare be so disrespectful to say they are a useless talent....Also Joey was never specific with how much he got payed. Just that they were never late on pay. I've read the interviews. Many people have talked about TNA's pay especially with how you pay for all hotels and car rentals and many get used very sparingly. Please next time have a little more respectful and educated response.

I'm surprised this *Censored* even got paid, he wasn't useful. Joey Ryan(I think) himself said he was at home collecting checks while not being used.

So why exactly the hostile *Censored* response? He simple responds to immature wrestling fans who made fun of him for working a normal job while wrestling and such,so that makes him a *Censored*? And obviously you must of been in a big spot in the company to know how "useful" he was. I mean just because a fan sees a wrestler they don't enjoy,they wouldn't dare be so disrespectful to say they are a useless talent....Also Joey was never specific with how much he got payed. Just that they were never late on pay. I've read the interviews. Many people have talked about TNA's pay especially with how you pay for all hotels and car rentals and many get used very sparingly. Please next time have a little more respectful and educated response.

Alright, my apologies for the "hostile" response.

I didn't call him what I think you think I called him btw, lmao. Certain words are censored.

TNA are a joke. If you make more working at a store there's no point wasting so many years training just to end up on terrible pay at TNA.

He was paid what he was worth. IMO the only reason he was there to begin with was because of his past in the military and he was trained by Team 3D. I have my doubts that he's paid more working at Wal-Mart than he was in TNA unless he was on a Pay-Per-Appearance deal; in which case it was something he agreed to so he can't really complain about it.

I have my doubts that he's paid more working at Wal-Mart than he was in TNA unless he was on a Pay-Per-Appearance deal; in which case it was something he agreed to so he can't really complain about it.

That was my first thought, that he was on a per appearance deal.

Jessie Neal was more of a joke than Braden Walker. And, you know...it's cool that he's working to provide for his family, but the rest of what he said was obviously bitter. It doesn't matter if he left or if he was fired...he still sounds like a bitter nutbag. IMO, he's upset that nobody took him seriously as a wrestler (which they shouldn't have, because he sucked). Cool...you were a wrestler, and now you work at Walmart. That's cool...but yeah, nobody cares. Normal people are made fun of for working at Walmart. So, if you wanted to be treated like a normal person, you've succeeded.

TNA are a joke. If you make more working at a store there's no point wasting so many years training just to end up on terrible pay at TNA.

Except, you know... do what you like and liking what you do.

While normally that would be true, you also have to do what you need to do, to put food on your table & be able to pay your bills. And if what you like doing, doesn't pay you a good salary, then obviously you need to move to a different profession, even if it's ultimately what you don't enjoy doing.

As Austin said he has a family to provide for, if he's getting shit money and can make more elsewhere, he'd be stupid not to take it.

Except, you know... do what you like and liking what you do.

While normally that would be true, you also have to do what you need to do, to put food on your table & be able to pay your bills. And if what you like doing, doesn't pay you a good salary, then obviously you need to move to a different profession, even if it's ultimately what you don't enjoy doing.

Yeah, I'm just saying: If he could afford to live with TNA's pay, I'd still do it. Hey, I might not be able to save up for a car right now but living happily is worth more than goods. And he still wrestles while working normally, so he continues to have that special thing. That's all I meant.

Was he even a real marine??

Yup, served for 4 years. The story of his best friend being killed during a suicide bombing is true and he has his initials tattooed on him.

Archived