am I the only one who doesn't really want to see 2K

lilsting10

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been confirmed by HipHopGamer and Pete Busch that WWE 2K15 is indeed using Visual Concepts' graphics tech. I have no idea how that impacts the in-match gameplay, the caw model appearance/caw mode, or any of the other creation modes like arena, title belt, entrance, moveset, special move. I hope we get the best of both worlds (better graphics + keep all creation modes without new restrictions), but I somehow doubt that. I am looking to be plesantly surprized.

How it impacts it? My guess would be, a lot. A whole lot.

And I can't imagine that they'd even be able to use the old animations in such superior tech....and I couldn't be happier. Start fresh and let the chips fall where they may.

It's been confirmed by HipHopGamer and Pete Busch that WWE 2K15 is indeed using Visual Concepts' graphics tech. I have no idea how that impacts the in-match gameplay, the caw model appearance/caw mode, or any of the other creation modes like arena, title belt, entrance, moveset, special move. I hope we get the best of both worlds (better graphics + keep all creation modes without new restrictions), but I somehow doubt that. I am looking to be plesantly surprized.

How it impacts it? My guess would be, a lot. A whole lot.

And I can't imagine that they'd even be able to use the old animations in such superior tech....and I couldn't be happier. Start fresh and let the chips fall where they may.

The animations definitely need to be better. I hate to use a UFC game, but what small animations for wrestling moves their were in UFC Undisputed 3 (the german suplex, for instance) were not only incredibly beautiful looking, but they snapped and flowed with other animations incredibly well.

It was made by THQ, too. Oddly enough.

Current CAW mode looks horribly outdated. It definitely needs to be revamped, especially for next gen. The models, textures, tattoos, hair, and facial hair options are severely lacking (I wish they had really long facial hair and hair options). Hopefully, in 2k15, they figure out a way to make the CAWs look as good as the superstars in game in terms of both graphics and presentation.

I never played NBA 2k14, so how do the created players look compared to the in game players?

This is what they were doing last year with it. They've had 2 years since they started on that to add drastically to the created character models. But as you can see, those faces look quite good. Proportions are not changable in any way, which obviously won't be the case for WWE.

This is what they were doing last year with it. They've had 2 years since they started on that to add drastically to the created character models. But as you can see, those faces look quite good. Proportions are not changable in any way, which obviously won't be the case for WWE.

Going by 2HQ and Yukes' track record, unfortunately it will probably be the same old shit.

1 game isn't a track record though is it, its been reported at www.mcvuk.com that 2k never wanted to release (finish thqs wwe '14) but wwe wanted them to go ahead with it. This will be their first game in design and production, let them make a few then they have a track record

Yukes track record isn't terrible, just with the last gen of WWE games. Their UFC games were PHENOMENAL. Having VC oversee things...I definitely have optimism. There's no reason the product won't be light years better than WWE2K14/13/12 etc. It certainly won't be perfect but it'll be waaaaaay better than what we have.

Yukes is a great developer IF they have the drive and someone over them pushing them. The problem is that they got lazy as shit in the last few years regarding the WWE games and THQ honestly just didn't give enough of a damn to say "look guys, I know you're probably burnt out making the same damn game every year, but we can do a hell of a lot better than this. Lets give the fans what they deserve instead of the bare minimum."

Haven't posted in a crazy long time, but the news that the Three Stooges are almost completely gone brings me much hope.

I still have fun with 14...but the AI and lack of Moves kinda limits my enjoyment.

If they could just bring back and build upon the AI sliders of HCTP and bring back some of the 300+ moves they took out for 2011 that'd go a long way toward making the series worth it for the first time in years.

Haven't posted in a crazy long time, but the news that the Three Stooges are almost completely gone brings me much hope.

I still have fun with 14...but the AI and lack of Moves kinda limits my enjoyment.

If they could just bring back and build upon the AI sliders of HCTP and bring back some of the 300+ moves they took out for 2011 that'd go a long way toward making the series worth it for the first time in years.

Amen

Well Yukes did make DOR and DOR 2, and those games were awesome. I would like to know why they didn't put the same amount of effort into the SD games. CAW mode didn't have a layer system like SD's but I thought that DOR's CAW mode was amazing. You were able to place 3D parts just about wherever you wanted to place them. You could make things like hats, huge beards, and so on. True it had its limits, though it was a good start.

I'm interested to see what VC will bring to the table, I'm hoping its more than just graphic boosts. Also do we know whos taken over from Cory as the lead designer? I'm curious to see what direction their taking it, because wrestling doesnt work like other sports games. My carear modes are great for boxing/mma but for a thing where a story feud can be more important than a championship its gotta be harder

Well I saw a rumor on the 2K board that someone managing the MLB 2K series will head the development of WWE 2K15. I guess it depends on the source of the rumor, or if it is just someone's speculation that became a rumor.

I hope I just didn't start a rumor. Just take this information with a ton of salt.

Am I the only one who is mostly pleased with 2K14?

Probably. 2K14 is so boring for me, I dunno why. Like, the only match type I have fun with is Elimination Chamber, otherwise not even making custom CAWs appeals me, and I loved making CAWs.

I think it's the AI, pacing, and lack of moves.

I made a roster of 100. Downloaded 90% of the WCW/NWO Revenge Roster, plus a basic ECW Roster and a few big Japanese characters. Had a great roster...but they all behaved the same. Tiger Mask isn't faster, doesnt jump more, doesn't run the ropes more, etc. etc. than Keiji Mutoh/Haku/Dr. Death.

I sorta have things that I don't think people can really argue against, and things people could.

I feel it's hard to argue that we don't need to be able to set CAW AIs. The AI operating the same whether it's in the shell of Tiger Mask or Prince Albert is a problem. The Great Muta, Kenta Kobashi, and Hiroyoshi Tenzan behaving the same is a problem.

I also feel it's hard to argue that we don't need more moves. I can link to the videos of hundreds of moves that were removed that look better than many of the moves we just got. Many of those moves I would be psyched to have back. Take a look at the Houston Hangover we have in WWE'14...okay now look at the Houston Hangover we had damn near a decade ago. Now tell me that isn't a problem.

You might kind of be able to argue about pacing....but here's my argument.

A triple threat match between Kenta Kobashi, Mitsuharu Misawa, and Vader having the same pacing as a match between Ultimo Dragon, Tiger Mask, and The Great Sasuke or La Parka, Rey Mysterio, and Dr. Wagner Jr. is a problem.

I made a roster of 100. Downloaded 90% of the WCW/NWO Revenge Roster, plus a basic ECW Roster and a few big Japanese characters. Had a great roster...but they all behaved the same. Tiger Mask isn't faster, doesnt jump more, doesn't run the ropes more, etc. etc. than Keiji Mutoh/Haku/Dr. Death.

I sorta have things that I don't think people can really argue against, and things people could.

I feel it's hard to argue that we don't need to be able to set CAW AIs. The AI operating the same whether it's in the shell of Tiger Mask or Prince Albert is a problem. The Great Muta, Kenta Kobashi, and Hiroyoshi Tenzan behaving the same is a problem.

I also feel it's hard to argue that we don't need more moves. I can link to the videos of hundreds of moves that were removed that look better than many of the moves we just got. Many of those moves I would be psyched to have back. Take a look at the Houston Hangover we have in WWE'14...okay now look at the Houston Hangover we had damn near a decade ago. Now tell me that isn't a problem.

A triple threat match between Kenta Kobashi, Mitsuharu Misawa, and Vader having the same pacing as a match between Ultimo Dragon, Tiger Mask, and The Great Sasuke or La Parka, Rey Mysterio, and Dr. Wagner Jr. is a problem.

I agree with everything you've said, I'm hoping 2k has enough sense to address these issues

Beautifully said, mate.

- Be able to set any title to male/womens, so that if you have an all women's universe brand, you can use more than just the default divas' title slot, you can have women's tag, main and minor titlebelts too.

You can pretty much do this already. You can't set the IC title to be a Women's title, but you can create your own titles and set the Gender so I don't see the need for this. That's what Create a Championship is for. You can already put a women's title in the main and tag slot. You can establish your own women's brand already.

• 5 months later...

Kinda sad to read back how my cynicism was basically right-on.

Even with all the bugs/glitches listed, or instances they could have improved-on from 2K14, it's staggering to think about how much we lost with 2k15.

And before someone comes in and says ''new engine'', it's so not. Legacy animations and freeze-bugs still exist. All I see if a graphical update, and an overhauled stamina/ability/skill set system, along with a grapple mini game. Nothing 'game changing', nothing that would constitude a ''new engine built from the ground up''.

• 6 months later...

If TNA Impact 2008 could look that beautiful on the PS3 imagine what 2K15 could look like on the PS4 if they put some needed focus on the graphics

I'm sorry but I know this thread is old but felt I needed to respond. You thought all we needed was graphical improvements. Chaz and crack thought the engine was the problem. Yet here we are a year later and 2k15 has had more issues than 2k14 had. Yes there needed to be a new engine but the way 2k went about it was totally wrong. The hold/tap engine isn't working either and as a result we lost a lot of stuff

Archived