am I the only one who doesn't really want to see 2K

lilsting10

Am I the only one who is mostly pleased with 2K14?

2k felt like the closet to a finished game in years, but the bugs freezes and glitches still pissed me off. Sadly a huge part of me feels thats the best that engine had to offer, and I'm eager to see a new engine but what we get we get

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The engine is old and dated and needs fixing. The only way to do that is to change it. It's 2014 and 2k should be well enough at their jobs by now that they can manage to do that without putting everything back at square one. If they do do that then that means they had it planned. And back at Square one, really isn't "square one" at all, just something new.

And I love 2k14. That doesn't mean the overall engine still doesn't need changing though.

While I'm all for new tech and innovation, the creation suite is what I buy this game for. Any deviation from what we have now and what we're able to do is pretty much all I need to know to prevent me from buying 2K15.

While I'm all for new tech and innovation, the creation suite is what I buy this game for. Any deviation from what we have now and what we're able to do is pretty much all I need to know to prevent me from buying 2K15.

I don't think caw mode has evolved enough in its span to justify it not getting totally revamped, it needs better body morphs, better hair and better textures.

Man, some people are setting their standards too low.

It is absolutely worth it to lose previous options, to get a more powerful, robust, utility dense creation system. Just look at the next gen UFC game. The ability to make a created fighter look that good is worth a smaller of tools. That is assuming the utility of the creation suite is even smaller in the first place.

Technology is always good and will push the creation suite to places it's never been. Embrace change or get left behind, tbh.

Man, some people are setting their standards too low.

It is absolutely worth it to lose previous options, to get a more powerful, robust, utility dense creation system. Just look at the next gen UFC game. The ability to make a created fighter look that good is worth a smaller of tools. That is assuming the utility of the creation suite is even smaller in the first place.

Technology is always good and will push the creation suite to places it's never been. Embrace change or get left behind, tbh.

100% this, so much of the content inside caw mode is junk anyway. I've had the impression for years that most was kept in to create the illusion of choice

I would never want them to scrap CAW mode, but I'd loooooove it if there were no parts that have been used in previous games.

It's ancient, low res, junk art at this point. Throw it out.

Yeah, like they re-do the entire mode adding legitimate-looking items to chose from. Like, the option for back tattoos have maybe added 5-10 tattoos in the past 8-9 years worth of games. Like, are you kidding me that's a joke. CAW mode needs a real overhaul it's a piece of shit right now. The pants look so unrealistically stupid and goofy. Like nice shorts that haven't changed for the past 10 years. Those American flag shorts have been in there longer than Kizarny was relevant.

I would never want them to scrap CAW mode, but I'd loooooove it if there were no parts that have been used in previous games.

It's ancient, low res, junk art at this point. Throw it out.

Yeah, like they re-do the entire mode adding legitimate-looking items to chose from. Like, the option for back tattoos have maybe added 5-10 tattoos in the past 8-9 years worth of games. Like, are you kidding me that's a joke. CAW mode needs a real overhaul it's a piece of shit right now. The pants look so unrealistically stupid and goofy. Like nice shorts that haven't changed for the past 10 years. Those American flag shorts have been in there longer than Kizarny was relevant.

None of the tattoos look like tattoos, who would have any of them in real life. Most are dodgy tribal art, amazing they screwed up tribal pattrrns

And in terms of DLC, how about a cheaper price.the price doesn't worth it. I wish in a 1 DLC it contains 15-20 superstars.

are you insane? lol

On the main disk are around 90 Superstars and that is a huge improvement from some older games

And in terms of DLC, how about a cheaper price.the price doesn't worth it. I wish in a 1 DLC it contains 15-20 superstars.

are you insane? lol

On the main disk are around 90 Superstars and that is a huge improvement from some older games

I'd say the DLC is either over priced or needs more content too, we pay too much for too little. Either make it cheaper or improve the value for money

are you insane? lol

I'd say the DLC is either over priced or needs more content too, we pay too much for too little. Either make it cheaper or improve the value for money

tbh...the only thing that is stupid about the DLC is that they're made at the same time as the main game. the most games have DLCs for 10-20€ (don't no about the $) while not giving us much more. DLC in general have become cheaper and cheaper over the years. I personally still don't mind paying 75€ for the WWE game each year (game + Season pass), because that is still just half of the price I once paid for some older games (Day of the Tentacle)

I've been feeling that the past few years, we really need change. I agree that we need a new engine to freshen things up. most of it now is a crammed mess of content and mechanics to create some illusion that it's one of the most immersive and deep games out there. maybe the caw mode was 5 years ago. it's really taking away from the advancement. it's not like they can't keep all the create modes. arena, entrance, logos, paint tools, hell even superstar heads and threads. we do not have to lose any of that. they just can't keep pumping the same ol thing out with better graphics now that next gen is here. also the franchise is fairly established. they're not gonna go TNA Impact on us without a major backlash from fans and critics. They're probably going to do what they can to retain just about all they can from the past to avoid issues. they are going to inevitably have to change though.

you say this about the team who thought it was fine to remove skin colors in caw mode for a good 2-3 games and only bothered returning it when THQ was on the brink of death to try to secure a few more sales?

Ledesma, Stephenson, Sitterson. All three are gone, The only one of the THQ team (who showed up on camera, not counting those who didn't) left is Williams who focuses on movesets.

I am all in for a completely new game and engine. But knowing WWE who wants a game every year I don't see that happening. What they should do is take a break for an year and start working on a new system. Also have a group work on roster updates and patches for the existing game. But WWE just probably wants the green paper. After all they only hype the "cool graphics" "create your own wrestler" features which im pretty sure my kids who are not even conceived yet would know ALREADY!

Is it confirmed that 2K is working on the new gaming engines? Sorry wasn't keeping track of the news.

I am all in for a completely new game and engine. But knowing WWE who wants a game every year I don't see that happening. What they should do is take a break for an year and start working on a new system. Also have a group work on roster updates and patches for the existing game. But WWE just probably wants the green paper. After all they only hype the "cool graphics" "create your own wrestler" features which im pretty sure my kids who are not even conceived yet would know ALREADY!

Is it confirmed that 2K is working on the new gaming engines? Sorry wasn't keeping track of the news.

They are, and you also have to keep in mind that they (2K/Visual Concepts) created a new engine for NBA2K from last gen to current gen, and the NBA is more demanding of graphics and animation than WWE. And since Justin Garbiel Tweeted that he was getting face scanned for the game, we can be pretty sure they're doing it Visual Concepts way graphically and not Yukes.

Nope. But THQ were working on an engine for next gen before WWE'12's release so they will probably use it with their own tweaks.

It's been confirmed by HipHopGamer and Pete Busch that WWE 2K15 is indeed using Visual Concepts' graphics tech. I have no idea how that impacts the in-match gameplay, the caw model appearance/caw mode, or any of the other creation modes like arena, title belt, entrance, moveset, special move. I hope we get the best of both worlds (better graphics + keep all creation modes without new restrictions), but I somehow doubt that. I am looking to be plesantly surprized.

It's been confirmed by HipHopGamer and Pete Busch that WWE 2K15 is indeed using Visual Concepts' graphics tech. I have no idea how that impacts the in-match gameplay, the caw model appearance/caw mode, or any of the other creation modes like arena, title belt, entrance, moveset, special move. I hope we get the best of both worlds (better graphics + keep all creation modes without new restrictions), but I somehow doubt that. I am looking to be plesantly surprized.

Errr... I wouldn't believe HHG there mate. Dunno about the other guy though.

Archived