Should The Undertaker have one more match?

.Sy™

30 members have voted

1. 1. One More Match?

It's been almost a week since Brock Lesnar beat the streak and I'm wondering whether he should just retire now or have one final showing at WM 31.

I personally think he should have one more match at WrestleMania 31, because it'd be a shame if Taker's final match remains his bout against Lesnar which, in my opinion, paled in comparison to the majority of his other WM matches in the past 10 years thanks to him suffering a concussion early on in the contest. I don't have a problem with him retiring after a loss, but his last match should be a classic.

As much as I'd love to see Sting vs. Undertaker, I'm not sure if it'd be a good match - however, I wouldn't really want to see him face any other superstar than Sting. I don't think it'd make much sense if he faces Bryan, Wyatt or Cena now that the streak is no more, while a match against Sting is still a dream match many fans would love to see. In the end, I'd say let's have him face Sting and then retire.

What do you think?

There's a part of me which feels like WrestleMania XXX was the perfect sendoff for him (with it being the 30th annual and a milestone etc.) and the stage couldn't be any bigger. The streak is beaten (the only purpose he's been competing for the past four years) and in hindsight, the end of the streak marked the end of an era.

Then there's another part of me which feels like the most incredible performer not only in WrestleMania history, but pretty damn close in the history of the entire pro wrestling, deserves a far better sendoff match. WrestleMania was/is his yard and it doesn't feel right to think his potential last match was downright crap, as opposed to the classic it should have been which would have left a good taste in my mouth to see him leave.

However, being reasonable, I would be lying if I said Undertaker's best days aren't behind him. At this point, I know more than to expect a classic from him and for good reason. At almost 50, he just cannot perform at the level he once could.

I think I'm gonna give him a pass. He has dedicated half his life to wrestling and I won't crave for more just because that one match wasn't exactly what I wanted from him. 'Mania last week was the perfect stage for him to retire considering the circumstances. The end of the streak, the dead silence, the walk of fame and the standing ovation from everyone at the Superdome. It was the perfect setting for the legend of the Undertaker to end and I'll be pleased if it stays that way.

I don't understand why people are saying "He should have a better send off match; a real classic" as if his WrestleMania XXX performance was somehow out of his hands. The Undertaker cannot go in the ring anymore and that is why he should never wrestle again.

(Not directed at anyone in this thread; just seen a lot of people say it on forums and Facebook groups since WrestleMania.)

I don't understand why people are saying "He should have a better send off match; a real classic" as if his WrestleMania XXX performance was somehow out of his hands. The Undertaker cannot go in the ring anymore and that is why he should never wrestle again.

(Not directed at anyone in this thread; just seen a lot of people say it on forums and Facebook groups since WrestleMania.)

He had one of the best matches at the show at last years WM, he just needs someone good to work with.

As a huge Undertaker fan, I think it's best he should retire, before he suffers anymore fatal injuries. For those who haven't seen him walk out of the hotel with his wife, the man was limping to the bus, it depressed me. He should just rest now. He has nothing left to prove. He's the greatest of all time & I look forward to seeing what he does in the near future.

Undertaker has pretty much done everything there is to do in the industry. As others have said, the main reason he has been continuing to wrestle over the past four years was the streak. Now that it is over, there is no reason for him to get into the ring again.

I firmly believe that he has wrestled his last match. He does deserve a big 'retirement show' or something similar to what Flair & Michaels had a few years back.

It is a shame, but I think it was always inevitable (from about 2011) that he would be ending his career in the foreseeable future. I am a bit disappointed that most of the younger fans will remember 'Taker simply for having the 'legendary streak' which ended.in, what can only be described as, a lackluster match. Hopefully he is remembered for the phenomenal career that he had.

The Streak is over and his legendary career is coming close to that, but I wouldn't mind one more match and that would be against Sting without emphasizing the Streak (that's now broken). Taker would win and go 22-1 and both him and Sting would retire after the match, leaving only haunting darkness circling the arena, signaling that the two, legendary mythical dark figures have now completed their mission in the wrestling world.

I'd have to say no. His body has gotten to the point to where he's worn down and keeps getting injured every year. He should just retire from having matches. That's not to say I wouldn't mind an appearance every now and then we he scares the shit out of somebody, and maybe hit a few moves. But he shouldn't have another match.

I think he should rematch Lesnar and beat him at Mania 31.

I initially thought this too.

Then who do you think now?

Would there be a point in having him come back and fighting Lesnar again?

That, in my view, would be utterly pointless. If he was to beat Lesnar, then was there any point in him ending the streak in the first place? It would make no sense.

He, without a doubt, should retire now. It's best for business.

That match vs Brock was crap.It would have been a great sendoff, win or lose, if the match had been epic like the ones he had vs HBK or even HHH.If he can, let him have one more match against a quality opponent that can deliver a 4 or even 5 star match and let him go out like that.

No, he should not have one more match. The Streak is over, there's no reason for him to continue wrestling. He shouldn't be wrestling anymore, though I wouldn't mind him showing Brock respect or passing the torch to him physically in some way.

Archived