RAW Spoilers: Reason For New Pairing; Extreme Rules To Feature War Games?

Jeb ★

Reason for Heyman and Cesaro pairing

Source:f4wonline

With Brock Lesnar collecting his WM payday he'll be off TV for a number of months now. WWE wanted to keep Paul Heyman on TV and thus Cesaro was choosen as the next "Heyman Guy

Extreme Rules To Feature War Games?

Source: f4wonline.com

The heavy rumour coming out of RAW last night, is the thought of a War Games match between the Shield & Daniel Bryan Vs. Evolution & Kane at Extreme Rules. While the Vince McMahon doesn't normally like putting over other companies ideas (WCW created War Games), Triple H is said to be a big fan of the match, the concept and knows full well that the War Games DVD was one the higher rated DVDs in awhile.

However, at this time there is no arena setup between now and Summerslam to accommodate the Two Ring setup required. Unless they do a similar version to the Lethal Lockdown idea of TNA.

WCW War Games below:

NHggdDJ.jpg

Well if it's true, doing it like Lethal Lockdown wouldn't be that fun. Obviously they could fit eight guys in the ring at once, but it wouldn't be the same as the actual Wargames match, which is what I assume Triple H wants to do. It says between now and Summerslam, so does that mean even SS's arena would be too small? Because if it isn't just do the match then. They dragged it out this long, sure they could do it even longer if they felt like it.

What exactly was the concept of wargames? I was a fan of WCW at the time, but i missed on this match

Isn't it just two cells inside a bigger cell? That's a basic way of putting it, but I think that's pretty much it.

What exactly was the concept of wargames? I was a fan of WCW at the time, but i missed on this match

Isn't it just two cells inside a bigger cell? That's a basic way of putting it, but I think that's pretty much it.

Two rings together covered by a small hiac type structure. Two wrestlers start and the rest come in intervals alternating each team each time period. The only way to win is by submission or knockout.

To clarify for folks above, the War Games match was part Royal Rumble, part Survivor Series, and part cage match. There are two rings with a roofed cage that has a door on it. Two teams of 4. One guy from each team starts in the ring. Every so many minutes, there's a Rumble-style countdown and a member of one team joins the match. The match cannot be won until all participants are in the cage, and it can only be won by knockout or submission, if I recall.

Anyway, I'm all for it. Triple H knows what's up.

The Vince McMahon

:lol:

Anyway, yeah a War Games match would be awesome. A new match type in WWE is always exciting, unless it the Punjabi Prison match of course...

Or the Kennel from Hell

And I'm totally on board with the possibility of a War Games match. It would add a little more intrigue than a typical tag match, that's for sure.

I highly doubt they'll bring back War Games. Dirt sheets have been stirring up rumors about that gimmick returning for a couple of years now. If they did have another War Games match, it doesn't seem like they'd do it so soon after the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view because they're kind of similar. It'd be so unlike WWE to bring an old stipulation like this back though. It'd be awesome, but I would be shocked.

I suppose there is a little more evidence alluding to a War Games match than when dirt sheets suggested it would happen in the past. At least this time there's an actual feud between factions going on. And I can believe the part about Hunter being a fan of the match. Who isn't (Besides Vince)? War Games is so bad ass. And Triple H did say "War" a few times on Raw in the last segment. They could be hinting at something, but I don't think so.

If War Games did come back, I think it'd be a bastardized version with one ring. WWE usually does everything they can to avoid deviating from their usual arena set up, like doing away with separate stages for Smackdown and Raw. I've always loved the few wrestling shows that have had two rings, because it makes for some really cool high spots. I remember a Japanese show that featured two rings and Sonjay Dutt had some really creative spots where he kept jumping off the ropes from one ring to the other. I'd love to see what guys like Kofi Kingston and Antonio Cesaro could come up with.

So I guess if team evolution wins trips would be getting the championship?

Or whomever pins DB would be champion

I doubt Trips and Steph would do that. They want the belt on HHH, kayfabe wise. They don't want to risk it going to Orton, Tista, or Kane.

Archived