Official Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Barrett/Big E aren't even in an ongoing feud. LMS matches are to settle personal feuds, this match doesn't warrant it.

They don't have to be. Barrett is a brawler and Big E would want to prove that he can retain the title in any situation. Things don't need to be done the same way that they've always been done just because they've been done that way traditionally. Status Quo is boring.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be down for an I Quit match...but then I remembered the last one with Swagger and Del Rio with that annoying ass ref. Asking if they quit after one got hit with something lame like a snapmare or whatever.

Barrett/Big E aren't even in an ongoing feud. LMS matches are to settle personal feuds, this match doesn't warrant it.

They don't have to be. Barrett is a brawler and Big E would want to prove that he can retain the title in any situation. Things don't need to be done the same way that they've always been done just because they've been done that way traditionally. Status Quo is boring.

Meh, I just think it's weird to have a match like Last Man Standing between two guys who will potentially battle in a week and haven't even started feuding yet. That's the type of match that warrants fans getting behind the feud to a good extent imo. Besides, I don't really think it's gonna get the usual time that LMS matches get to make it good and in turn, can come off as rushed. That's one thing that can ruin this match that otherwise has solid potential imo.

Big E vs. Wade Barrett in a Last Man Standing match? Lmao, what,

LOL. So after a massive tournament where a rivalry between Barrett/Big E will be maybe... what... a week long, do you guys really think a LMS match would be appropriate? Honestly, the only current feud I could see that working for would be Wyatt/Cena after the Steel Cage, and even then, it shouldn't happen because Cena would end up winning it.

A Steel Cage match between Cena and Wyatt makes no sense whatsoever. He wants Bray one-on-one without the family involved? Bitch, why does it matter if you've already beaten him at 'Mania even though the family interfered? Shouldn't he be looking to beat Bray in another way, like a Last Man Standing?

A Steel Cage match between Cena and Wyatt makes no sense whatsoever. He wants Bray one-on-one without the family involved? Bitch, why does it matter if you've already beaten him at 'Mania even though the family interfered? Shouldn't he be looking to beat Bray in another way, like a Last Man Standing?

I agree with you dude :XD:. Steel cage is probably the stipulation I wanted to see the least as it doesn't really make much sense so I don't know why WWE have gone with it. I'm also worried because of what happened with Wyatt the last time he had a steel cage match with Bryan without Harper and Rowan, I assume it'd be even worse with Cena. I wouldn't mind a LMS match at the next PPV though as I tend to like those kind of matches... but I just know Cena would win that one :(.

Nah, because he doesn't want Luke and Rowan to interfere like they tried to at Wrestlemania and like they did against Kane in the fire match. Though, steel cage rarely keeps anyone out, soooooo.

Nah, because he doesn't want Luke and Rowan to interfere like they tried to at Wrestlemania and like they did against Kane in the fire match. Though, steel cage rarely keeps anyone out, soooooo.

He already beat Bray despite them interfering, so a Steel Cage match would have only made sense had Bray won because of the interference, which didn't happen.

He already beat Bray despite them interfering, so a Steel Cage match would have only made sense had Bray won because of the interference, which didn't happen.

Just telling you his point of view, in my assumption. It would make sense because Cena doesn't want any interference, but I see where you're coming from.

Archived