Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy shit, that guy animated the episode where Vegeta killed some Namekians. There was an absurd scene where he looked ridiculously bad. *Censored*, DBZ hired some terrible animators. From what I've seen, Tadayoshi Yamamuro was the best. He animated Majin Vegeta vs. SSj2 Goku.

Remember how Goku spared Vegeta on Earth by requesting Krillin to not kill him? It's apparently a misconception that Goku did it out of some sense of right and wrong. In the original Japanese dub, he only spared Vegeta because he wanted a rival, similar to what happened in the Piccolo saga (plus, that would have resulted in Kami's death). Goku also wanted Kid Buu to be reincarnated because he wanted a rival. Frieza was spared because he literally begged for his life, Goku was bored of fighting him and originally going to let him die on a planet verging on destruction.

Some guy on a DBZ forum suggested that Goku only killed the weak ones and allowed the strong ones to live so that they could return as rivals. He didn't have any problem with Cell being killed. He was coercing Gohan to do it. One could say that Cell had become so pathetic by that point, Goku didn't see him as a rival anymore. In Dragon Ball, he killed loads of people, not stopping even after witnessing Krillin's first death. He killed Yakon and gave no *censored*s when Pui Pui died by the hands of Vegeta. He even kind of encouraged Buu to kill Babidi from what I remember. Obviously, I'm not suggesting that Goku's a sociopath. He was horrified when Majin Vegeta killed the spectators. Just that his perspective on life and death may not be as white as we think it is. It was never about seeing the good in them. It was about the thrill of fighting. Goku was always a Saiyan warrior and Vegeta recognized that.

Majin Buu did WAYY worse than anything Cell has done. Makes zero sense to spare Buu but kill Cell. Buu killed just about everybody in the saga lmao.

Kid Buu? Goku killed him but wanted him reincarnated as a good guy. Hercule's Buu? It wasn't an evil or bad Buu, unless you mean when he went SSJ3 for the first time. Wanted to leave it up to Goten and Trunks as the future saviors of Earth. I'm sure Goku would let Buu die if it was evil, just as he wanted Cell to die. Goku loves to fight, but he also cares about his friends and family. I think he spared Vegeta only because Goku thought he could win next time.

• 1 month later...

To be honest, I feel like TFS peaked near the end of the Frieza saga. The last time I literally laughed out loud was when Goku found the muffin button after his battle with Frieza. Now I barely chuckle. My reaction's along the lines of "Oh, they made a reference, cool" or "Oh, they made a pun, k". Not to mention it really irks me whenever some guy claims that the Abridged series is an improvement over the original. Someone commented "sweet, more abridged material" on the video of the DB Super opening. I honestly like their gaming stuff a lot more now.

Archived