Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually stopped watching DragonBall after the events of the 2nd World Tournament that Goku entered in (the one that featured Tien).

One character that I originally hated ended up becoming one of my favourite characters - Hercule. I couldn't stand him in the Cell Games saga. But after that he became more comic relief, while showing the odd display of heroism.

OT: I actually bought a plush toy of Imperfect Cell last month :cool:

Honestly I always thought that for short appearances that the villains in the movies were a bit better then the ones in the show. The only in show villain I thought was really threatening was Frieza.

I agree with this but disagree with it at the same time. I feel like some of the movie villains were better (like Broly, Bojack and Super Android #13), but then there are/were the ones that aren't. For example I'd choose Raditz over Turles, or Frieza over Cooler.

There's movie that are cannon , like the trunk movie and the world's strongest , Wrath of a dragon ( where you learn how Trunk got his hands on the swords , so it can be consider cannon ) Bardock the father of Goku ( first super sayain ever ) Dragon ball : yo son goku return : ( where we learn vegeta has a little brother ) and dragon ball battle of godz ( toriyama said it , and we hear about table , brother of vegeta )

BEHOLD! Goku's mom

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/04/gokus-mother-revealed-in-dragon-ball-minus-manga/

Also, some people debate on whether Battle of Gods is really canon. Something about the overall universe or something being way different than what's in the manga. I haven't seen the movie or actually read the manga, so I can't really say. Could just as easily be considered a retcon, though.

BEHOLD! Goku's mom

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/04/gokus-mother-revealed-in-dragon-ball-minus-manga/

Also, some people debate on whether Battle of Gods is really canon. Something about the overall universe or something being way different than what's in the manga. I haven't seen the movie or actually read the manga, so I can't really say. Could just as easily be considered a retcon, though.

The movie is cannon , Toriyama said it was cannon so it is kind of hard to argue with the creator of the manga , so yeah if toriyama said it is cannon then it is cannon.

Wrath of the Dragon shouldnt be considered canon on the fact of Tapion's sword being the same as future Trunks. Im not saying it cant be. Just that Tapions was a magic sword and Future Trunks was likely not. Taking into account the Androids being there along with the Z warriors being dead minus Trunks and Gohan, it doesnt sync up for Trunks to get the sword.

Wrath of the Dragon shouldnt be considered canon on the fact of Tapion's sword being the same as future Trunks. Im not saying it cant be. Just that Tapions was a magic sword and Future Trunks was likely not. Taking into account the Androids being there along with the Z warriors being dead minus Trunks and Gohan, it doesnt sync up for Trunks to get the sword.

I had always thought Future Trunks had received the sword from Gohan sometime in their timeline. Remember, Kid Gohan had a sword. He could have merely given that same sword to Trunks in the future.

I always hated Broly, he was ridiculously overpowered and overhyped. The story between him and Goku was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Well of course he was gonna be overpowered. That's what you get when you're a baby born with a power level of 10,000. Goku didn't get anywhere near that power level till he fought Nappa.

Broly has always been my favorite character from the series. I loved his look as well as the fact that he was just an utter monster. He was the first character I ever drew really well and he's always been my main in the games he's in (Trunks is usually my second). Plus he comes from one of my favorite animated movies that has one of my favorite soundtracks of all time (I thank that soundtrack for introducing me to Pantera). So I love not just him, but everything he was in...well except for Bio Broly. That one I didn't like.

Everybody loved Broly as a kid. Then I listened too much to people complaining about his one-dimensional character and then I soured on him. But his fight scenes are memorable, mainly because it differs from the usual high speed hand-to-hand combat, double hand smash into mountains and shit.

My *Censored* Broly handing out clotheslines, throwing people around like rag-dolls. My favorite part was when he kicked Piccolo 60 feet in the air like he was a football. Took a running start for it too. Man, he was destruction. Made Vegeta look like a bitch too, in the good old days.

Everybody loved Broly as a kid. Then I listened too much to people complaining about his one-dimensional character and then I soured on him. But his fight scenes are memorable, mainly because it differs from the usual high speed hand-to-hand combat, double hand smash into mountains and shit.

My *Censored* Broly handing out clotheslines, throwing people around like rag-dolls. My favorite part was when he kicked Piccolo 60 feet in the air like he was a football. Took a running start for it too. Man, he was destruction. Made Vegeta look like a bitch too, in the good old days.

I wouldn't care what anyone else says, he'll always be my fave movie villain (and one of my fave villains in general). As for him making Vegeta look like a bitch...to be fair, all of the villains have done that. Go back and watch all of the movies from #6 onwards (well, the ones he appears in) and you'll see what I mean.

I wouldn't care what anyone else says, he'll always be my fave movie villain (and one of my fave villains in general). As for him making Vegeta look like a bitch...to be fair, all of the villains have done that. Go back and watch all of the movies from #6 onwards (well, the ones he appears in) and you'll see what I mean.

Haha true, but Broly was the only one who had Vegeta so scared that he didn't even want to get anywhere near him. He was mentally crushed the moment Broly went Super Saiyan. Broly was like his bully. And when Vegeta finally stood up to him, Broly knocked him out in one hit. That movie was basically like real life, you don't beat the bully unless you gang up on him and get a lucky shot in. :lol:

Haha true, but Broly was the only one who had Vegeta so scared that he didn't even want to get anywhere near him. He was mentally crushed the moment Broly went Super Saiyan. Broly was like his bully. And when Vegeta finally stood up to him, Broly knocked him out in one hit. That movie was basically like real life, you don't beat the bully unless you gang up on him and get a lucky shot in. :lol:

Haha yeah true. Speaking of his transformation, I think it was pretty sweet. Very unique compared to the other Super Saiyan transformations.

Ahh the memories.

I see your Slow Roosevelt song, and I raise you another:

Personally, that's my favourite song. It suited so well, seeing Broly kick Vegeta's ass.

I've always wanted to know what a Majin Piccolo would've been like if Akira Toriyama would've went with that idea instead of Majin Vegeta. An Evil Piccolo vs. Goku fight in the Buu saga would've been so sick. Hell, turn Goku evil for once.

Goku is too pure of heart to turn evil. The closest we'll get to see him being evil is back in the Frieza saga when Ginyu took over his body.

Archived