Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While DBZ: Abriged teased they will abridge the Buu saga, today, they announced DBZ: Abridged is officially over.

I didn't finish watching the video (DBZA is Over, Here's Why) but from what I saw so far: When they cancelled the Bojack movie, this was when they realized it was over for them. They spent months re-writing the script and nothing came out good.

They felt the Buu wasn't a good epilogue or they were not fan of that saga. With the difficulty showing up, the frustration that came with it, they were worried they will start to hate what they used to love. They felt Episode 60 was good enough as an epilogue. They actually wrote that episode as the ending because they were still uncertain about doing the Buu saga.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFourStar/videos

I won't lie and say i'm not dissapointed that we aren't going to get Buu, but I'm not entitled to it and can understand their reasoning quite well. I'll continue to support their work going forward, though I do hope they have some new abridging content set up for after FF7MA finishes. I have no interest in Unabridged unfortunately.

Bought a couple booster boxes of the card game on amazon again. Get the itch every once in a while.

Some of those cards are beautiful. Lol.

I have ALOT of cards but have 0 idea how to play, same with Pokemon. I bought them when I was younger because I thought they looked cool.

Actually I remember buying them from Dollar Tree. Most are GT

^ I'm specifically talking about the Dragonball Super cards they make. The holos are gorgeous. Plus, some of the rare ones are worth a decent amount. Pretty sure I have a secret rare that's worth about 80 bucks.

Yeah...I don't know how to play, or have any interest in playing. I just collect them shits. Funny enough, it was actually playing Super Dragonball World Mission on Switch that got me to buy the cards...because they gave you some sweet promo holos free with that game. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

The anime was just getting good by the last arc, I think that's what's so heartbreaking about all of it for me personally. By the Tournament of Power, I felt like I had just gotten Dragon Ball back. Then the Broly movie turned out absolutely perfect to me and just made me want more.

• 2 months later...
Guest Fight Me.

Love it. I was gonna get an Ultra Instinct statue, but it's based off Goku's look in Heroes and the Capsule Corp logo ruins it for me lol

I collect Mini-figures, Anyone know any good DBZ minifigures? Not looking to break the bank but paint jobs are very important, I have tried looking on my own a few times, But I was kinda overwhelmed and not easy to find company names on some of the listings. thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just watched Super manga chapter 63, I watch the Youtubers who narrate them. If anyone is still interested in the manga because those chapters with Moro obviously aren't animated yet, I won't spoil. But I will say that I've never liked Zeno, he's somehow more annoying than Gotenks. I do like the Grand Priest though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I rewatched all the DB movies a few months ago and it's probably my favourite now. Dead Zone, Battle of Gods and Super Broly are my top 3.

During that rewatch I learned that I don't like Fusion Reborn as much now, Super Android 13 is the worst one, and that I actually like Bio Broly WAY more than Second Coming (which I thought was trash). LOL.

Guest Fight Me.

I'm rewatching Z now, just finished the Cell arc. I got Funimation but they don't have every movie on there so I ordered em. I'm planning to watch those once I finish the show cause they're kind of on a timeline of their own.

Super Android 13 I think holds a special place in my heart cause it was the first DBZ movie I had on VHS. It is *censored*ing silly though. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Super is on Hulu, I've been watching 2 or 3 episodes on my Switch before I sleep each night. I started watching Super back when I grinded every other series. (Maybe like a year or two ago, I randomly decided to watch all the episodes of Dragon Ball, DBZ, and even GT.) Then I started to watch Super...but I had to stop for some reason. I think maybe only a certain number had been dubbed at that point, or I cancelled my Funimation sub to save money. Either way...I stopped back then and have wanted to watch Super ever since (because it always looks amazing whenever I see clips from it). So, yeah...great to get back to it. I just started over from the beginning. Don't mind re-watching the episodes I already saw...and I should be caught back up to where I was after another couple episodes anyway. 

Archived