Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I really want to see this movie. Gonna have to get back to my Funimation sub and finish re-watching all the episodes too. Can't remember where I left off, but hopefully Funimation does. It was my plan to watch everything, starting from DB, going all the way to the modern stuff, even the stuff that people said isn't canon. Made it all the way through DB, and I think I just finished Cell games. So, I have a lot left. For a few months, I would just watch 5 or 6 episodes a day. Then I got lazy. :lol:

Guest Fight Me.

Toei slipped up and confirmed new episodes of Dragon Ball Super are now in production. Of course, now they're denying it since I don't think they meant to announce it this early lol

Guest Fight Me.

Back on the binge watch. Episode 189 of DBZ. So, so, soooo much left to watch. Let's do this.

* Watching the first Broly movie now. Movie is pretty meh...but the ridiculously 90's soundtrack is pretty great. So much bootleg grunge. Apparently there's even a Pantera track in there. :lol:

This is why I'm glad the old DVDs give you the option to watch the English dub with the Japanese soundtrack for some reason lol

Just got out of my second viewing. I feel like I can actually give an unhindered opinion since I didn't sit through it in a shitty mood like the first time. See the BS Thread for that.

Dragon Ball Super Broly is utterly fantastic. The tension that was lacking in Resurrection F was there (though not for the expected reasons). The story is executed really well, even in spite of a lot of the screenplay having to be cut for time. I hope we get an extended release like Battle of Gods did.

They finally made Broly a legitimately enticing and sympathetic character rather than just being the worst parts of the Hulk.

The music is on point. Sumitomo lived up to the best pieces he put out for the second half of the Super anime. The theme throughout the soundtrack is currently stuck in my head.

The animation is just gush-worthy. Jesus Christ it's incredible. All the big names delivered in a massive way. Takahashi, Onishi, Taté, Hayashi, NAOTOSHI *censored*ING SHIDA, and everyone else involved deserve every bit of recognition they've been getting online.

The dub of it is really, really good. Wish I could compare to the Japanese version but, y'know, BS Thread. I was worried about Vic as Broly but he pretty much nailed it. It's really nice to hear Chris Ayres' Freeza again, he did well in spite of his health. Everyone delivered.

Overall, it's definitely in my top 5 Dragon Ball films, maybe even cracking the top 3. And I'm still going to see two more times this weekend.

If you haven't already, GO SEE IT.

Oh. One more thing...

GO BROLY! GO BROLY! COME ON, BROLY!

GO GOGETA! GO GOGETA! GO GOGETA!

Just got home after seeing it with a few friends. Glad I got to experience it with friends who also love Dragon Ball. I've seen BOG, RF, and now Broly in theaters. It was worth the few week wait to see it with friends

Edit* Now just got back home from seeing it again with my best friend. (Sucks other plans fell through and couldn't also see Glass) And noticed something I didnt catch before

The necklace King Vegeta wore resembles the one worn by the DBZ Movie Broly

I saw the movie yesterday and it was awesome. Way better than the 2 previous movies. I really liked the first part. I wouldn't mind seeing a more story driven/focus on the universe lore.

Since they changed the backstory, I wished Toriyama took this chance to make Cooler canon.

Guest Fight Me.

I'd love to see Cooler again, but it'll be weird making him canon at this point with Frieza never mentioning he had a brother before after all these years now. :lol:

Yeah, I think a scenario that could had worked in the movie. Cooler is conquering planets, he ran into the planet Broly was exiled. Seeing how powerful Broly is, he attempts to capture him for his force. He is defeated and mistake his wrathful form for Super Saiyan. He send a distress message to Frieza saying he was killed by a Super Saiyan and this trigger Frieza's fear of Super Saiyan.

Unless the pull the whole thing that Frieza never knew he had a brother and King Cold sent Cooler to another Universe to conquer. Yeah its a long shot but *Censored* it after this movie anything is possible lol

Vegeta mentioned a brother. I assume he was talking about Tarble? They could pull the same thing as Tarble. lol

Archived