Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest Fight Me.

New movie? Oh shit, didn't hear about that. Sucks about the hiatus, but hopefully with the break they can come back with better animation than before. Not that it's been a problem for me for a while, I really love the current arc. But it's just a shame that the first couple episodes rubbed people the wrong way and I don't think they've given it a fair chance ever since. Believe it or not, the same Beerus vs. SS3 Goku episode that became a meme was also done by the same guy who just did Goku's awesome new form.

I've been rewatching everything through the English dub on Toonami as well. Maybe they'll be able to catch up by the time DBS comes back from hiatus, they're currently about the start the Future Trunks arc.

Yup. The movie is apparently about the origins of the first Super Saiyan. Should be neat.

I'm definitely watching the Future Trunks arc again, even with the disappointment that the ending was. I want to see if Schemmel has his voice for Black improved, and who's voicing Zamasu (please not Marsters).

At least the manga can catch up finally.

Tbh, I didn't like certain parts of the animation during Ultra Instinct Goku vs. Jiren and you can tell it's that same guy, also did a fight scene with Black vs. Goku + Trunks vs. Zamasu and it works for some because it's focused on movement more, which looks more unique and natural, but it also makes it look a bit off.

Like when UG Goku kneed Jiren or when they were exchanging blows, that looked weird to me because of how they were drawn to produce those moments.

That freelance animator who did Super Saiyan God Goku vs. Kale & Caulifla and then later Kefla, I really liked that style the most.

Yuya Takahashi is the freelancer. He's amazing as a supervisor. And I love how he uses the old style from DBZ in his work.

His parts Episode 114 apparently took him only 3 weeks to do, and 122 took 5, which is INSANE for how good his stuff looks. The usual timeframe is 8 weeks.

As for your UI Goku vs Jiren gripe, the guy you're referring to, Naotoshi Shida, only animated Goku's last punch to the end of the episode. Naoki Tate did most of the fight.

Look up AnimeAjay on YouTube if you're interested in the production of each episode. I love his stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

Don't mind the new, mastered hair color. Just not a fan of the lean SSG look lol. Sucks I got the new form spoiled by the freakin' Xenoverse 2 DLC, but oh well. At least they were a little more tight lipped about this form than with Ultra Instinct. Swear I saw it weeks or maybe even months before it aired. Maybe closer to a couple weeks lol.

I've been re-watching the entire franchise from the start (beginning with DragonBall). I'm currently on the Frieza Saga of DBZ, and I can't help but think of Frieza's forms...and how stupid they are; Especially the change from II to III...you'd think those would have been swapped around. He definitely looked more menacing in form II...and then he loses the horns entirely in his later forms. I don't know...you'd just think form II would be his most menacing and final form, on looks alone. Would be like if Charizard evolved and turned into a Charmeleon. :lol:

I take it you made it to Goku vs Freeza then. :lol:

Which version of Z are you watching, by the way? Original? Kai?

I'm going through the Z in Japanese for the first time because Super got me used to the voices. I'm supposed to be watching 5 episodes per week but I've ended up like 20 episodes behind. :P About to start Goku vs Vegeta.

Which version of Z are you watching, by the way? Original? Kai?

I'm watching the original. I'll probably watch Kai eventually, but I wanted to rewatch the entire series first. I don't mind filler episodes. Kai is a cool concept, but that's not what I was looking for right now. I'm doing the entire franchise in order. I watched every single episode of Dragonball before this. Now I'm doing the original DBZ (remastered). After that, the DBZ movies, then GT, then Super...maybe Kai after everything.

I decided that I wanted to finally get the full picture with the timeline...because I only ever watched bits and pieces of it growing up. I knew the important stuff, but never all of it...I would catch an episode here and there (you know how the Sagas stretch for a long time)...so I would basically see what was going on, but would miss whole sections of the battles. So I've been binging the shit out of it all. I watched all of Dragon Ball in a week flat. There were days where I would watch 6 hours straight. :lol: And now I'm on episode 97 of DBZ. I slowed down considerably, and there are days when I don't watch any at all...but I'm still chugging along.

Guest Fight Me.

Curse DBS taking a week off!!! Only 3 more episodes left :(

Yup. I believe after this next one airs, it's gonna take another week off. And then I think the last 2 episodes are airing together after that. At least that's what I've heard.

Archived