Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Isn't DB Super free on Crunchyroll? And apparently, the series is pretty bad, but probably because people expect some sort of logic.

Yeah it's on Crunchyroll, not the English dub though. And the show definitely picks up once they finish covering the two movies.

Super is great and I'm glad it's now in English. No disrespect to the Japanese cast, but I'm just too used to the Funimation English cast. I changed my mind about waiting for them to cover the movie arcs before watching.

Isn't DB Super free on Crunchyroll? And apparently, the series is pretty bad, but probably because people expect some sort of logic.

I remember people hating on DBS because certain episodes had pretty poor animation, but I don't think anyone ever hated on a Dragonball series due to logic.

Yeah it's on Crunchyroll, not the English dub though. And the show definitely picks up once they finish covering the two movies.

Yep, been told to check out the two movies over watching the season, and skipping straight to tourney arc.

Super is great and I'm glad it's now in English. No disrespect to the Japanese cast, but I'm just too used to the Funimation English cast. I changed my mind about waiting for them to cover the movie arcs before watching.

I remember people hating on DBS because certain episodes had pretty poor animation, but I don't think anyone ever hated on a Dragonball series due to logic.

power levels were the main problem as well as weird plot/retcons, from what I've heard.

From what I've seen, the the only retcon was Vegito thing which was technically never outright confirmed; it was just the assumption.

I've also seen a decent amout of hate for DBS. Mainly from gamefaqs (lol) or people who think Hit is Cooler ripoff, Zamasu/Black is a Ginyu ripoff, Beerus and Whis having siblings is "being lazy", and that the Universe 6 tournament and the next arc are "ran out of ideas" despite tournaments being a staple in Dragonball forever.

GT sucked, but I enjoyed it whenever Pan wasn't on the screen (which was almost never). God she was annoying as hell then. The SSJ4 designs are a lot more interesting looking than taking Goku's base hair and coloring it red, taking the SSJ hair and making it blue. Googling SSJ God will bring up better fan art than Toriyama's lazy official designs. I like Hit, Frost and all of the new DBS characters, but I cannot accept this great new SSJ God form that just has some hair recolors. Especially not after learning that the original Goku SSJ1 transformation was mainly made so that they didn't have to color in Goku's hair in the manga.

I like Super Saiyan God as a form. Beautiful shade of red and even though I expected something wildly different, I was surprisingly okay with it. I really hate the Vegito retcon though, that was such bullshit.

As for GT, I liked it and I liked Pan. I never watched the Funi dub, instead I got the Blue Water dub, which had the original soundtrack + the Path of Power OST that was pretty good and a less bitchy Pan. In retrospect, Super Saiyan 4 does look a bit messy now though.

From what I've seen, the the only retcon was Vegito thing which was technically never outright confirmed; it was just the assumption.

I've also seen a decent amout of hate for DBS. Mainly from gamefaqs (lol) or people who think Hit is Cooler ripoff, Zamasu/Black is a Ginyu ripoff, Beerus and Whis having siblings is "being lazy", and that the Universe 6 tournament and the next arc are "ran out of ideas" despite tournaments being a staple in Dragonball forever.

Most of these complaints are retarded though. If Zamasu and *censored*ING GOKU BLACK is a Ginyu ripoff just because of snatching bodies, then Hit is a Guldo ripoff for stopping time. Beerus and Whis having siblings is lazy, but both universes are mirrors of eachother and all the other universes apparently have wildly different G.O.D.'s. Super has issues, but is fine enough for me, it gives a bit of DBZ nostalgia whilst trying to implent the style of the original Dragon Ball in its humor and people who've watched mostly Z are probably taken aback by that.

I like Super so far. But I saw the movie already with the Beerus/SSG/Vegeta & Goku stuff. So I'm just sorta going through the motions of watching it until the next arc. I wonder, is the Resurrection of Frieza going to be included in this show, anyone know?

Spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the movie or is expecting to...

Who else called Resurrection F right down the line at the very beginning? I knew exactly what would happen as soon as Frieza was brought back and stated his main objective as being revenge on Goku. I was saying to myself (I tend to do that sometimes) "Frieza even in his gold form will not be powerful enough to defeat Goku, but he will because Goku's forgiveness characteristic, and the fact that he always sees good in people, even people who have no good in them, and he'll let his guard down and be defeated." And it happened exactly like that. Thank god for Vegeta, and his simultaneous training along with Goku with Beerus & Whis.

I like Super so far. But I saw the movie already with the Beerus/SSG/Vegeta & Goku stuff. So I'm just sorta going through the motions of watching it until the next arc. I wonder, is the Resurrection of Frieza going to be included in this show, anyone know?

In case anyone hasn't been following the Jap dub or manga and started with the Funimation dub, spoilers.

Yes there are arcs that cover both movies, Battle of the Gods and Resurrection of F. After those it gets really good.

So now Goku is going to be responsible for 11 universes getting destroyed. A lot of people are hoping this actually leads to some desperately needed character developement for him, but EoZ still exists, plus this is Dragonball. Goku will just find a way to punch his way through everything and save the day without actually learning anything.

Love how the alien dude looks like the leader of some sort of hero squad. My first thought when seeing him was that he belongs in My Hero Academia.

Archived