Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

Great news. But honestly, watching Super has got me waaaaaay too used to the Japanese voices, maybe to the point of me liking them more.

Still, why the flying *Censored* have they not released the dub for Buu saga Kai yet? The last person to finish their voice over was Schemmel and that was in JANUARY.

I know what you mean. I'm so use to Black's voice in Japanese that it sound weird hearing his English dub

I know what you mean the first thing I did while playing xenoverse 2 was putting the voices in Japanese

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive spoilers:

FUTURE TRUNKS *censored*ING LEARNED HOW TO DO THE SPIRIT BOMB ON HIS *censored*ING OWN AND HE MADE A SWORD OUT OF IT: THE *censored*ING SPIRIT SWORD! The Spirit Bomb was 0-2 after Namek, but after Buu and now Zamasu, it's 2-2. Also liked how after all of Zamasu's talk about mortals being evil, it was the energy of the mortals into Trunks' sword that purified the sky by clearing all the smoke caused by years of destruction.

Was a bit of an asspull, but Vegito softened Zamasu up, so you can make sense out of it. However, what the *Censored* is this potara one hour-bullshit? That's one ret-con that is going to really piss me off. Especially when they already *censored*ing explained why Vegito split up the first time around, but Goku now had no idea why it happened apparently. So that's *censored*ing annoying. I did get one episode of Super Saiyan Blue Vegito and he was dominating again, so I guess that's something to be happy about.

Overall, a good arc to look back upon. Also, the fight scene between Zamasu and Vegito was excellent.

Ep 66

I'm so glad it ended that way. This is Trunks' timeline so he has to be strong to protect it so that he no longer needs Goku & Vegeta from the present. The fight scenes were incredible and so was the dialogue. So it's official, Vegito was never a permanent fusion.

I'm still treating him like one, idgaf.

• 2 weeks later...

I know nobody commented on it, but

Zamasu went Giygas. Future Trunks' ending and final fate is absolutely *censored*ed. Should just become Time Patrol Trunks and be done with it.

I like this idea, it would make sense because that future timeline now has 2 versions of Trunks and Mai.

We already told you about Dragon Ball Super- believe it or not, there’s more Dragon Ball news today! Toonami and Funimation are proud to announce Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters, featuring the long-awaited Buu Saga, premieres January 7th at midnight ET!

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/12/06/dragon-ball-z-kai-the-final-chapters-heading-to-toonami/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=122016-fn-dragonballz-kai&utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=buu-saga-announcement&utm_nooverride=1

Casting info in the link.

It's about bloody time. Still nothing for UK release, though. Assume Dragon Ball Super with start airing when Buu Kai ends like it did in Japan.

NEVER MIND.

ENGLISH DUB OF “DRAGON BALL SUPER” HIT ANIME SERIES TO PREMIERE ON ADULT SWIM’S TOONAMI JANUARY 7, 2017 at 8 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. ET

Posted by Funimation on 12/07/2016 at 1:01pm

Episodes from New Storyline by Creator Akira Toriyama

LOS ANGELES, CA – December 6, 2016. Dragon Ball fans everywhere just received the biggest gift of the holiday season. Toei Animation Inc., Funimation© Entertainment and Adult Swim are pleased to announce their partnership to bring “Dragon Ball Super” to TV audiences starting next January. “Dragon Ball Super” is the first new storyline in more than 18 years from original creator Akira Toriyama and the Dragon Ball franchise, which was first introduced to the U.S. more than 20 years ago. Adult Swim will begin airing the U.S. English dub of “Dragon Ball Super” Season 1 during the Toonami block starting on January 7, 2017 at 8 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. ET. Season 1, which totals 26 episodes, encompasses the Battle of Gods and Resurrection ‘F’ story arcs. New episodes of “Dragon Ball Super” will air each Saturday.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/12/07/english-dub-of-dragon-ball-super-hit-anime-series-to-premiere-on-adult-swims-toonami-january-7-2017-at-8-p-m-and-1130-p-m-et/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=122016-fn-dragonballsuper&utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=toonami-announcement&utm_nooverride=1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so looking forward to the English dub of Dragon Ball Super on Toonami. But, I was watching toonami last night and I guess they were doing the Dragon Ball Z Kai! marathon, or at least the Android/Cell/Future Trunks saga. I never watch DBZ Kai when it was airing on Nicktoons and I regret it, but when watching last night, I caught a scene that I didnt recall in the original DBZ that came on Cartoon Network back in the day. It was Future Trunks, but he traveled back to his time after seeing the defeat of the Androids and Cell, and he goes back in his rightful time and easily defeats them. Now I dont recall this entire episode at all on the original CN airings, but one scene really surprised me, and I always heard how DBZ/GT has some adult tones sometimes on the japanese dubs that they didnt air here in the States, but this scene showed Android 17 (or 18), I think it was, the male one with the black hair, and its this old guy in a flipped over car, and he has a gun, he fires at 17 (or 18), and he easily dodges the bullets, after a verbal exchange I dont recall right now, 17 (or 18) takes the mans gun, sticks it in his face, and you see his finger motion to pull the trigger before he's attacked and stopped by Future Trunks. The tone surprised me, but what really surprised me was the fact that I dont recall this scene at all during the original Cartoon Network airings. Was it apart of those original airings, and was that scene ever showed in the states prior to Kai?

I'm so looking forward to the English dub of Dragon Ball Super on Toonami. But, I was watching toonami last night and I guess they were doing the Dragon Ball Z Kai! marathon, or at least the Android/Cell/Future Trunks saga. I never watch DBZ Kai when it was airing on Nicktoons and I regret it, but when watching last night, I caught a scene that I didnt recall in the original DBZ that came on Cartoon Network back in the day. It was Future Trunks, but he traveled back to his time after seeing the defeat of the Androids and Cell, and he goes back in his rightful time and easily defeats them. Now I dont recall this entire episode at all on the original CN airings, but one scene really surprised me, and I always heard how DBZ/GT has some adult tones sometimes on the japanese dubs that they didnt air here in the States, but this scene showed Android 17 (or 18), I think it was, the male one with the black hair, and its this old guy in a flipped over car, and he has a gun, he fires at 17 (or 18), and he easily dodges the bullets, after a verbal exchange I dont recall right now, 17 (or 18) takes the mans gun, sticks it in his face, and you see his finger motion to pull the trigger before he's attacked and stopped by Future Trunks. The tone surprised me, but what really surprised me was the fact that I dont recall this scene at all during the original Cartoon Network airings. Was it apart of those original airings, and was that scene ever showed in the states prior to Kai?

I remember the scene but remember it was most likely edited out but Kai is on at a later time so they are allowed to show it on TV now.

Archived