Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

So, a large percentage of DBZ Abridged is gone thanks to Toei and copyright shit. Can't say I'm upset about this. The recent episodes and movies have been mediocre and I feel they've been on a downhill route since the Android arc. Plus, their core fanbase is very obnoxious.

Gone from youtube, it's still on their website and obviously will eventually be back as always. And really? All fanbases are obnoxious to some degree.

I'll never understand people that say "ehh, I don't like it too much, so i'm fine with it being gone". The unnecessary removal of a medium of entertainment is stupid whether you the entertainment piece itself or not.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably the best Abridged episode since the Frieza arc, incidentally following an episode I easily consider one of their worst, it almost made me quit watching them. I prefer TFS when they're.... more serious, when they're not hamming it all up with memes and one-liners, which has been my problem with most of the Android saga. In this episode, there was a good blend of gravity and humor.

Honestly, the bulk of my frustration is not with TFS themselves but most of their fanbase. They're *censored*ing obnoxious. Reading the comments on the official website (which I guess is the way to go now thanks to Toei) is a much better experience because apparently, the obnoxious section of their fanbase don't bother going there.

This is probably the best Abridged episode since the Frieza arc, incidentally following an episode I easily consider one of their worst, it almost made me quit watching them. I prefer TFS when they're.... more serious, when they're not hamming it all up with memes and one-liners, which has been my problem with most of the Android saga. In this episode, there was a good blend of gravity and humor.

Honestly, the bulk of my frustration is not with TFS themselves but most of their fanbase. They're *censored*ing obnoxious. Reading the comments on the official website (which I guess is the way to go now thanks to Toei) is a much better experience because apparently, the obnoxious section of their fanbase don't bother going there.

Again, all fanbases can be obnoxious. If you're going off of, say, youtube comments then I hate to tell you it isn't the fanbase you have a problem with, it's the fact that youtube tends to attract the worst of the worst.

And "I DON'T GET THIS JOKE, SOMEONE PLS EXPLAIN" and the subsequent explanation of said joke.

Mostly because a lot of the people who comment don't even watch DBZ. Then they go to a DBZ video which parallels whatever's happening on Abridged to post TFS quotes from the latest episode or anything in general because it makes them feel... smart? knowledgeable? I don't know but it's *censored*ing annoying.

just got hulu and are watching all of Dragonball, never seen it. Watched Z and GT.

Dragon Ball is so good, man. I honestly think it gets a bad reputation just because it's not ad flashy as Z but the story and fight choreography is so damn good.

Also the dubbing itself is quite a large improvement since Funi had more experience than when they started DBZ. I think DB was the last of the franchise's series they dubbed (before Kai came along) despite it being the earliest chronologically.

just got hulu and are watching all of Dragonball, never seen it. Watched Z and GT.

Dragon Ball is so good, man. I honestly think it gets a bad reputation just because it's not ad flashy as Z but the story and fight choreography is so damn good.

Also the dubbing itself is quite a large improvement since Funi had more experience than when they started DBZ. I think DB was the last of the franchise's series they dubbed (before Kai came along) despite it being the earliest chronologically.

I find it's quite important to watch Z immediately after Dragon Ball and treat them as one show, because it's mean tto show how over time the power the characters have keeps building, from doing something as simple as smashing a rock to blowing up planets and the fighting evolves to compensate for that power.

Seriously though, ignore filler.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to watching the latest DBZ abridged episode. God I love Cell. Everyone else too, but especially Cell.

I don't know if I would say he's as good as Freeza was, yet. But he's getting pretty damn close; I love his personality, it's hilarious.

Archived