Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, I feel like TFS peaked near the end of the Frieza saga. The last time I literally laughed out loud was when Goku found the muffin button after his battle with Frieza. Now I barely chuckle. My reaction's along the lines of "Oh, they made a reference, cool" or "Oh, they made a pun, k". Not to mention it really irks me whenever some guy claims that the Abridged series is an improvement over the original. Someone commented "sweet, more abridged material" on the video of the DB Super opening. I honestly like their gaming stuff a lot more now.

I personally find myself laughing even harder at their stuff now. Eh well.

I agree about the whole people calling it better than the original thing and even made a small rant-ish post about it a while back.

• 2 weeks later...

DBS manga spoilers

- Champa's collecting Super Dragonballs. 7 in all, planet-sized, almost unlimited in wishing scope. He's found 6 already.
- The reason he's been looking for planet Namek is because he believed the Namekians found pieces of these Super Dragonballs, and the original generation of Namekians (Piccolo's generation) shaved down pieces of these Dragonballs in order to create the Namekian set of Dragonballs. This retroactively makes Kami the strongest Dragon-type Namekian, since he made Earth's Dragonballs out of mere stones, and not from another Dragonball source.
- Champa plans to wish for the Earths in Universes 6 and 7 to swap placed. The Earth in Universe 6 has been rendered uninhabitable due to civil wars.
- If Beerus can beat Champa, Champa will relinquish the 6 Dragonballs he has collected, and Beerus will have to find the last one.
- Beerus and Champa cannot fight one another, nor can Whis and Vados. Vados is stated to be stronger than Whis. So they'll organize a team of five fighters to compete in a Tenkaichi Budokai-like tournament in the center of the universe.
- Beerus's team is Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Majin Buu, and a fifth fighter Beerus claims is the strongest person he has ever fought.
- Vegeta volunteers Gohan to be their fifth member, claiming his potential can surpass all of them if Whis gives him training. Goku declines that idea, saying that Gohan would rather study and be a family fan.
-Vegeta then requests for a written test to be required for the fighters. He doesn't want to fight mindless beasts.

DBS manga spoilers

- Champa's collecting Super Dragonballs. 7 in all, planet-sized, almost unlimited in wishing scope. He's found 6 already.

- The reason he's been looking for planet Namek is because he believed the Namekians found pieces of these Super Dragonballs, and the original generation of Namekians (Piccolo's generation) shaved down pieces of these Dragonballs in order to create the Namekian set of Dragonballs. This retroactively makes Kami the strongest Dragon-type Namekian, since he made Earth's Dragonballs out of mere stones, and not from another Dragonball source.

- Champa plans to wish for the Earths in Universes 6 and 7 to swap placed. The Earth in Universe 6 has been rendered uninhabitable due to civil wars.

- If Beerus can beat Champa, Champa will relinquish the 6 Dragonballs he has collected, and Beerus will have to find the last one.

- Beerus and Champa cannot fight one another, nor can Whis and Vados. Vados is stated to be stronger than Whis. So they'll organize a team of five fighters to compete in a Tenkaichi Budokai-like tournament in the center of the universe.

- Beerus's team is Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Majin Buu, and a fifth fighter Beerus claims is the strongest person he has ever fought.

- Vegeta volunteers Gohan to be their fifth member, claiming his potential can surpass all of them if Whis gives him training. Goku declines that idea, saying that Gohan would rather study and be a family fan.

-Vegeta then requests for a written test to be required for the fighters. He doesn't want to fight mindless beasts.

wat :o

DBS manga spoilers

Whoa….this got real intense...

DBS manga spoilers

Oooooh this sounds cool!

DBS manga spoilers

Hmm, so Dragon Ball Super is actually going to get interesting? Good, good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hell yea I signed!

I love the soundtrack of the first Broly movie.

Agreed. Deeper by I.O.N is a surprisingly damn intimidating song.

I'm pretty sure that song was in Second Coming in the part after Trunks pissed on Broly's head.

Not sure. I know it's in the first movie, but they might've used it in the second.

Such a badass song though.

So, a large percentage of DBZ Abridged is gone thanks to Toei and copyright shit. Can't say I'm upset about this. The recent episodes and movies have been mediocre and I feel they've been on a downhill route since the Android arc. Plus, their core fanbase is very obnoxious.

So, a large percentage of DBZ Abridged is gone thanks to Toei and copyright shit. Can't say I'm upset about this. The recent episodes and movies have been mediocre and I feel they've been on a downhill route since the Android arc. Plus, their core fanbase is very obnoxious.

Are you talking about the Abridged version or the franchise in general? :P

Are you talking about the Abridged version or the franchise in general? :P

Lol, touche.

So I hear Gohan can't even beat

Captain Ginyu now lmfao

Either Toriyama really hates Gohan or this is some attempt to slowly build him back up. I really hope it's the latter.

Gotta love how the DBZ fanbase loves to call other stuff terribly written, overpowered, mary sue crap(especially anything involving Superman) when DBZ itself is plenty poorly written and Goku is one of the least developed characters in the series.

Well, I think it sucks. I thought they fixed it with Toei as long as they didn't do anything with the new gen material.

Archived