Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, Dragon Ball Super is complete ass. So far, anyway. Every episode has consisted entirely of the goofy, light-hearted approach that partially ruined Battle of Gods.

Dragon Ball Z certainly had those moments from time to time, as well, but it also had its serious, darker moments to balance it out. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, though, and assume that they're just taking it easy. Hopefully it will eventually pick up the pace and start getting heavier.

Well to be fair, DBZ itself didn't give itself any time to establish anything in the beginning. It was "hi, i'm goku, OH LOOK VILLAINS, lets go get a hole in my chest!". I imagine Super is attempting to ease in to things a bit more.

And come on, the humor cant be anywhere near as bad as GTs.

Man, Dragon Ball Super is complete ass. So far, anyway. Every episode has consisted entirely of the goofy, light-hearted approach that partially ruined Battle of Gods.

What do you expect. It's basically retelling the story of Battle of Gods at the moment. Maybe things will change once we get past Battle of Gods and on to new material.

What do you expect. It's basically retelling the story of Battle of Gods at the moment. Maybe things will change once we get past Battle of Gods and on to new material.

That's what I'm hoping for, but I have a feeling that it's not going to happen. We'll see.

Best episode of Super thus far.

I like Chef Vegeta more than Bingo Vegeta. Buu getting the tar beaten out of him was great too.

Next week is the "MY BULMA!!" episode and there's some buzz that Vegeta might actually go Super Saiyan 3 to fight Beerus. I'd love that. Sure would make more sense than what happened in Battle Of Gods.

Watching GT right now, and it's not as bad as everyone said it was. Everybody always says GT is garbage, shit, terrible. It's fine to me, WAY better than Super ATM

There are some good things about GT, but it just wasn't on Z's level which is probably why it gets all the hate it gets. The US soundtrack was great, the fight scenes were decent, but then we got things like Pilaf, Pan, Kid Goku, and a useless Gohan which made it almost unwatchable. Wow I almost forgot about Giru. Giru and Pan were to GT what Christopher Thorndyke was to Sonic X, cancer.

He could have been a scholar AND a warrior protecting Earth. Gohan went from being the most powerful at the end of Cell Saga to like. third or fourth most powerful. And even when he was stronger than any other being, it was still Goku (and Vegeta) who saved the day.

Always found Gohan overrated. That fight against Cell was lame besides he moment of him actually turning Super Saiyan 2.

Eh, Gohan just didn't reach his potential. I heard the fight against Cell sucked because Toriyama wasn't into doing much work with it. It's why Goku vs. CEll was better despite Gohan being much stronger.

Archived