Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In comics and such, Darth Vader has gone off to perform some incredible feats. Im sure he can shield himself from any ki blast and possibly throw them back.

I think a mistake people are making with this is that we are basing Jedis to just be superhuman on a range of Captain America, but they arent humans to begin with.

In comics and such, Darth Vader has gone off to perform some incredible feats. Im sure he can shield himself from any ki blast and possibly throw them back.

As cool as that is, I still can't see this kind of match up interesting. Like already mentioned, Frieza can destroy planets with 1 finger in his original form. Also, the only character I can recall ever shooting random dumb Ki blasts and most of the time missing his opponent entirely is Scrubgeta, Frieza's only weakness is that he can't sense other people's energy.

As much as I go off to say that I am not a Star Wars fan, I do believe this to be a decent match up. Whereas Frieza can and will surpass Darth Vader in strength and power, I have to day the force will be enough to stand against Frieza.

In close range combat, I would give it to Frieza as im sure Vader cant take a punch, but a precise block with the lightsaber would leave Frieza missing a limb. And from what im aware of, the force supplies Vader with premonitions of the fight he could prepare for. Would he win? To me, its not safe to say who would.

And from what im aware of, the force supplies Vader with premonitions of the fight he could prepare for.

Just because he can see see what his opponent is going to do ahead of time, doesn't mean that he can actually do anything about it, though.

I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to Star Wars, but I don't see how Darth Vader could come even remotely close to winning, given Frieza's insane speed and power, destructive capabilities, etc. I think his only win condition would be the Force, but I can't imagine that being enough.

Thats it though. We are looking at Darth Vader as if hes equal to Captain America, but hes a lot stronger than that. He has a great range of area with his force abilities and I want to say that the strength of his force abilities are just as strong as Friezas raw strength. Making his force shields and such able to withstand the attacks. But maybe im completely wrong with all this.

Freeza has telekinetic powers which is a little similar to any force-related techniques. If he found himself in a choke he could very easily get out of it. He might even make him pop like he did to Krillin.

Besides, even if Vader got the upper hand at some point Freeza would just blow up the planet or ship they're fighting on because he can survive in the the vacuum, also because he's a massively sore loser.

Don't remember enough about Star Wars to comment outside of EU apparently being broken as hell(Hax>raw power in a lot of cases), but that's no longer canon so it's irrelevant, but how about anyone from DBZ vs. this guy http://www.ultrapublications.com/lkshomepage/slayers/next/bios/littleboy.jpg?

This reminds me of those forums I frequented a few years ago which were primarily devoted to hypothetical battles. Shit was crazy. Using physics to calculate whether a character had enough power to blow up a planet. Feats. Making tier lists of universes (for example, DC, DBZ, Naruto etc.). I think Marvel was at the top and Galactus was considered S tier.

I participate in those vs. debates and have been doing so for 6 years. It's pretty interesting seeing some series/characters turn out to be a lot stronger or weaker than you would've thought. Plus people do it all the time anyway with stuff like this character can beat that character(see various crossovers and dream matches both in fiction and real life), but like with video games(especially fighting games) you got the people who take the time out to get good at it.

Good they are working on the dub now

DBZ is one of, if not the most well known and beloved manga and anime out there. Of course they're working on it already, it'd practically print money with old-time fans. I cannot wait to see it.

Ehhhh. I like Faulconer's score but I wanna hear the new Japanese tracks. Also the lack of any silence would have killed the show. That is the biggest fault of the English dubs of DBZ.

He's not even with Funimation anymore nor spoken to his main composers apparently. So where the hell did this info come from?

Ehhhh. I like Faulconer's score but I wanna hear the new Japanese tracks. Also the lack of any silence would have killed the show. That is the biggest fault of the English dubs of DBZ.

Not really sure how that's the music's fault.

He's not even with Funimation anymore nor spoken to his main composers apparently. So where the hell did this info come from?

I've been seeing a number of places saying he tweeted it, though I haven't been assed enough to find the tweet.

Not really sure how that's the music's fault.

The music itself isn't the problem. It's how it's arranged in the show. There are pretty much no breaks in the music and that really kills tension in places.

Archived