Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

^Faulconer's music was definitely the best, I agree. Especially when it comes to all of those awesome character-specific themes, like the ones that play during Goku's/Vegeta's SS transformation. However, the arrangement and placement Faulconer's music was often obnoxious and just plain unfitting. There was rarely ever moments of silence or appropriate build up.

I disagree entirely on Kai, though. Kai's pacing was excellent compared to the molasses pace of DBZ. Not to mention, it had vastly superior, more mature dialogue. Overall, I think Kai is way better than DBZ. The only thing that it's missing is Faulconer's music.

I disliked the music that played whenever there was a destruction scene, in the sense that an island would get obliterated or a massive Ki blast would make an impact with the environment. Otherwise, I loved it. I watched Kai and while I appreciated it, it didn't really give me the magnificent experience the original English dub did. I personally think the ideal DBZ would be Kai's dialogue and editing + Bruce Faulconer's music.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did someone find the movie yet , i mean on the internet , i dont care if it is MD cam and japanness voice , i just wanna watch the damn movie lol , i try seaching it , but everytime it asked me to register so i know it's a scam.

I doubt Faulconer's music would fit with the pace of Kai. He doesn't really do short songs, several of them have quite the build up, so at the very least, it would be a very difficult task to make it fit.

I think Faulconer's music fits excellently:

(Starting at 0:57)

For an even more elaborate example, though, I'd check this out:

Now just imagine if it was done by professionals. It's most certainly doable.

I like the Japanese song that plays when Gohan turns SSJ2.

The Japanese dub shits on every other in that scene. Whenever I watch that episode on the DVDs I always switch to Japanese. That music. That *censored*ing scream. UNNGGH YES.

After rewatching DBZ with the original music I started to get really frustrated with Faulconer's arrangement sometimes. Like seriously have a KitKat once in a while, K?

In some parts Faulconer's music works AMAZINGLY (see Goku going SSJ1 & 3, Final Flash vs Cell among others) but I find that they just slap a song to fill in silence when really that they shouldn't.

I finally accomplished it. I found the three variations of the Cha La opening (however, I couldn't find the original Japanese openings for the last two). It's interesting. The 0:40-0:50 part is where the significant variation occurs.

The most popular one, the definitive one judging from how most of the videos of the opening are this, is the Androids/Cell saga one. I spent years trying to figure out why an opening made in 1989 would feature SSJ Vegeta and Trunks killing Frieza.

https://youtu.be/GHnfX1RmZX8

The variation in this is a closeup of apparently Dr. Gero and then an organized bunch of wires being enveloped by human skin, signifying an android.

Another one is, I assume, the Saiyan Saga opening because the variation shows silhouettes of Vegeta and Nappa literally on fire. Also, note how the iconic concluding shot of Goku turning SSJ is not here, which is also the case for the next one.

https://youtu.be/mAm0JAnk6bg

The third one is strange because it gives no clear indication of the saga. I guess it's the Frieza saga, not only because it's the only major arc left but because the background kind of resembles Namek on the verge of destruction. On second thought, it could be the very first opening because the background is also used in the second opening. The lone spaceship could be Raditz.

https://youtu.be/wdD-PEfOy44

Yeah, I was jobless.

I just want to destroy everything in my vicinity, so that the immensity of hype within me can be adequately released. I... wow. Holy shit. I now truly appreciate the fact that I'm currently alive. There was a video on YouTube about how we might be in the midst of a DBZ renaissance period, with the games and the movies and now... this.

Archived