Dragon Ball Z

Mango kid

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realized that there are three different timelines.

The Z-Warriors as we know them are from the first (although, technically, they should be second because the future wasn't supposed to be altered, the creepy realization that what we saw of them until the end of the Frieza saga was actually the Future Trunks timeline). The Cell in this timeline is destroyed in its embryonic stage.

Future Trunks is obviously from the second timeline (technically, this should be first, this is the original timeline).

The Cell we know is from the third timeline, where he killed Trunks; here, the Androids are deactivated rather than battled, which is why Cell goes after Trunks and the time machine; the Z-warriors have been eradicated here as well; basically an even worse version of the original timeline.

Bonus... apparently, there is a fourth timeline which is the one Trunks from timeline 3 visits before he's killed by Cell; the Androids are deactivated here as well, the Cell saga presumably never takes place, Z-warriors are alive, in a way, the best scenario.

So basically, Future Trunks visits the past in 1 and 4, subsequently preventing everyone from dying. 2 and 3 are *censored*ed up because almost everyone is dead, but 3 is even worse because there is no savior figure in the form of Trunks.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/2arzl9/how_did_cell_come_to_the_present_timeline/

Just consult this if you're confused. I'm terrible at explaining shit like this.

Yeah, in a week or so. Revival Of F, feauring Golden Frieza.

As for the Buu saga, what I like the most about it is Vegeta's character development. That's one of the few reasons why I don't fully support the notion of concluding DBZ after the Cell's defeat.

Bruce Faulconer > Ocean > Kai > Original Japanese

IT's not even called that way , its not even super sayain god , it's something close to it , but not super sayain god supersayain.

Adn we already know Vegeta wont have his moment like we were told , that's suck. i already read up to whole movies on several website.

Guest Fight Me.

Just saw the new form...yeah, it definitely needs a better name for the English dub. But I don't mind the look, it reminds me of those old YouTube videos like "Goku Super Saiyan 5-10." :lol: So it's just like "You guys want more *censored*ing colors? Here you go."

regarding the new form

I've heard the new form is basically what happens when Goku activates the super Saiyan form, after obtaining the God form fight with Beerus.

So basically: super Saiyan God super saiyan

Just realised that Goku's hair has almost the exact same shade of blue as Kuroko, from Kuroko no Basket

I find it annoying when people compare Abridged to the original series, even claiming it to be superior. I know people have a right to their opinions and preferences but I find the comparison to be ridiculously unfair. Obviously, people would be inclined to prefer Abridged because it's a comedy (an especially hilarious and well-made one). It makes you laugh and have a good time. You are psychologically wired to like it more. The comparison is like a comparison between vegetables and fruits. You're free to find it more entertaining, but saying it is "better" (which is already a frustratingly vague term) is different.

On that subject, I have been binge-watching Kai over the past few days and I enjoy it. It took some time to get used to the background score. I was kinda disappointed when Piccolo powered up against Cell and the Super Namek track wasn't played, despite my knowledge.

I find it annoying when people compare Abridged to the original series, even claiming it to be superior. I know people have a right to their opinions and preferences but I find the comparison to be ridiculously unfair. Obviously, people would be inclined to prefer Abridged because it's a comedy (an especially hilarious and well-made one). It makes you laugh and have a good time. You are psychologically wired to like it more. The comparison is like a comparison between vegetables and fruits. You're free to find it more entertaining, but saying it is "better" (which is already a frustratingly vague term) is different.

I agree that the comparison is unfair, but I also think DBZ abridged is a bit better than the original. When you look back DBZ had a lot of flaws and then you have DBZA which is parody series decades after the original series ran its course which uses the anime as a template, meaning it can use those flaws to an advantage. Then there's the fact that TFS is a group of people who has the freedom to do whatever the hell they want and can take all the time they need vs. just Toriyama who had editors telling him what to do at points as well as deadlines.

So just to straighten things out, blue haired Super Saiyan isn't a new form, but just regular old Super Saiyan after training with Bills and Whis? If that's all it is, then a simple color change makes sense. I don't hate it, but it'll still take some getting used to.

Archived