TNA to run three shows at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC.

AssaultDriver720

Credit: NODQ.com

"- TNA will be spending $300,000 to run three shows at the famed Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City this coming June, July and August. This was described as an "insane" move by TNA to spend that much money. The $300,000 is for the building rental and production work.

One TNA source theorized that this TNA is trying to impress Spike TV, which is located in New York City, as the two sides still haven't reached a new agreement on their TV deal. It's believed that TNA negotiated the deal with Hammerstein and Spike wasn't involved so TNA is likely paying the full bill here."

If they can't sell out all three shows then thats *censored*ing sad. The ROH/NJPW show thats happening in May is pretty much sold out and thats with no TV in the NYC area.

Typical TNA nonsense. Sounds like they're still trying to keep ECW alive, honestly. These will probably be some sort of hardcore tribute shows, featuring the half dead ECW alumni of yesteryear.

Hammerstein Ballroom does not automatically = ECW. Plus they already had their ECW show this year.(OldSchool)

Typical TNA nonsense. Sounds like they're still trying to keep ECW alive, honestly. These will probably be some sort of hardcore tribute shows, featuring the half dead ECW alumni of yesteryear.

Hammerstein Ballroom does not automatically = ECW. Plus they already had their ECW show this year.(OldSchool)

I'll believe it when I see it.

The last show they ran in Hammerstein wasn't a "Hardcore tribute show". Sooo, yeah, there's that....And if that's the case then everytime ROH books the Manhattan Center or the Hammerstein upstairs, I guess they're trying to relive ECW and "keep it alive". Even though the shows have nothing to do with each other outside of venue.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived