Cool little thing about tag matches that I wanted to share

Niffan

The changes to tag matches in 09 are still the most significant change to the formula they've made in a while, I think. It made tag matches worth playing. Tag finishers, being able to switch characters on the fly, all the options for double teams. Man, I think I've done more six man tags than any other match this year. My game looks like AAA or some shit.

Yeah I hope we get ALOT more tag team finishers in the next game. I hate how tag team finishers are overlooked. I am a huge tag team mark!!

haha.. I have played the shit out of these games and I didn't know about that. I knew you could stand in front of the corner and hit one of the bumper buttons and an arrow and your partner would come in and you can usually do a double team move... but I didn't know about dragging

How do you do that? I didn't know that. That would be really helpful in my tag matches.

haha.. I have played the shit out of these games and I didn't know about that. I knew you could stand in front of the corner and hit one of the bumper buttons and an arrow and your partner would come in and you can usually do a double team move... but I didn't know about dragging

How do you do that? I didn't know that. That would be really helpful in my tag matches.

he's talking about the normal way to tag

he's talking about the normal way to tag

Oh lol. I thought he was talking about your partner coming out while your still the legal man. lol

Yeah thanks Niffan... that is what I mean. If you grapple someone near your corner and call in your partner he will usually come in and grapple also causing you to do a standing tag move. Likewise, you can call him in if you are being pinned or in a submission, though it is hit or miss with this lol. Sometimes he will get in the ring and just stand there or go right back to his corner, so don't depend on it. Also, you used to be able to decide if you want him to attack the legal man or the man on the apron up for one, down for the other, but I can't get that to work anymore.

i'm all for cool little tidbits that ppl might not know.

But this is a main feature of tag matches....that everybody already knows.

Its the only way to do standing tag moves in a normal tag match

Speak for yourself, I've been playing these games for years and had no idea.

same here.

I didn't know, but I knew about the extreme rules one, just drag your opponent by the head to a weapon in the crowd. They both are pretty similar except the match type and place where you drag them.

WAIT, WHAT??? :o

LOL, oh you didn't know? Can someone tell from which wwe game did it start?

same here.

I didn't know, but I knew about the extreme rules one, just drag your opponent by the head to a weapon in the crowd. They both are pretty similar except the match type and place where you drag them.

I think 2008

same here.

2008. I'm really surprised that most people don't know about these stuff when it was only of the main selling point to 08 at the time and its been SEVEN games now lmao.

Archived