Going to California for work. Gonna be there 3 months.

Scorpion™

Who has stayed for an extended time in California. Or does anyone live there? I've lived in several different states but I've never been to California. Can someone explain what to expect? I'm going around Apple Valley, but will go to different places quite often.

You live in Pennsylvania? Pack shorts, it'll probably be warm there for you. Like, what's considered autumn/spring in the east coast is like, North Pole winter for them, lulz.

All jokes and insults aside, Silicon Valley and Golden Gate Bridge.

Well there's Legoland and Graumans Chinese Theater.

unless he doesnt have a kid he cant get in to LEGOLAND as if u don't have a kid ur not allowed in according to company policy

I'm calling horse shit.

Things are generally more expensive in Cali, especially the more "touristy" places.

This. My advice, if you go to Disney, bring your own food, you will save a lot of money.

I live in L.A. There are indeed a lot of hispanics, but that shouldn't be a problem for you. I'm sure you are going to enjoy the weather here. My advice is to take it easy, go out and see all you can, but don't get caught up with the hoochies, especially not in 3 months.

unless he doesnt have a kid he cant get in to LEGOLAND as if u don't have a kid ur not allowed in according to company policy

I'm calling horse shit.

Things are generally more expensive in Cali, especially the more "touristy" places.

Goohle it a man in Canada who lives legos got denied entry

This. My advice, if you go to Disney, bring your own food, you will save a lot of money.

I'm calling horse shit.

Legoland policy has some adults upset

Posted: May 22, 2012 6:28 AM PDT

<em class="wnDate">Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:28 AM EST</em>Updated: Jun 05, 2012 6:28 AM PDT <em class="wnDate">Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:28 AM EST</em>

By Chris Oberholtz, Multimedia Producer - email
By Stephen Mayer, Multimedia Journalist - bio | email

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

Legoland in Kansas City's Crown Center has been a big hit, ever since it's grand opening, last month. Kids and parents always seem to have funlb_icon1.png, but now, a little known policy has some older fans crying foul.

If anyone is thinking about making a trip down to Legoland, it turns out they won't be allowed in unless they have a child with them.

Kids of all ages love Legoland. Whether it is getting a crash course in how the building blocks are made or designing cars and launching them off the race track. Legoland has a lot to offer, that is if they let you in.

Turns out adults can't get into Legoland unless they are with a child 17 years old or younger.

Elizabeth Mathews with Legoland says the center is geared towards kids, and adults just don't have as much fun. Mathews also cites safety concerns.

"There have been some past complaints about some adults pushing some little kids out of the way when they are trying to build in some of the more hands-on areas. It's for the safety of the kids and the adults," said Elizabeth Mathews with Legoland Discovery Center.

But in a place where adults seem to enjoy the Legos just as much as the kids, many aren't buying that explanation.

"Maybe there are some places where adults shouldn't be allowed to play. But it seems like that as long as adults are acting appropriately there shouldn't be any issue with safety," Ben Long said.

Long and his wife had a great time with their family, and while he has no problems with adults at Legoland, his wife has a different take.

"If it is a kids' place, why would you want to be here as an adult anyways. Go to Worlds of Fun or someplace else that's more adult appropriate," Nicole Long said.

But Legoland admits they have received complaints about the policy, so they've decided that only adults will be allowed in one night per month.

The first adult night kicked off Monday night, and they will have one every third Monday of the month.

Adult admission into Legoland is $19 and children's tickets cost $15, but one can saveicon1.png a few dollars if they buy their tickets ahead of time online.

Copyright 2012 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved

http://www.kctv5.com/story/18581515/legoland-no-adults

Archived