NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently Demarco Murray is flying to Philly today with intention to sign a contract and Ryan Matthews has not officially signed yet. Love the Demarco signing even though I feel LeSean was a better system fit, Murray should still be able to produce in Chip's offense. Can't seem to keep scratching my head on the Bradford deal though, I just don't think hes better than Foles and we gave up more for him

Well the Redskins havent made any rash decisions.. and built a pretty solid defensive line. Chris Culliver in the secondary hope he can stay out of trouble. Scot McCloughan first year as a GM has been success so far.

Not gonna lie....The Eagles would be smart if they signed Tim Tebow.

Apparently he got a work out today and hes a better option than either of the 2 QB's they have now.

Or, ya know, we could've just not traded the QB we already had.

Apparently he got a work out today and hes a better option than either of the 2 QB's they have now.

Or, ya know, we could've just not traded the QB we already had.

I would much rather have Bradford or Sanchez over Tebow....with that being said, I'd rather have Foles than either of them

Thats just blind fanboy right there. There is no way if Bradford is healthy that Tebow is better then him.

Trent Richardson signed with the Raiders. I didn't realize that he's only 24 years old, and he's likely coming in on the cheap. I like it.

There's a slight chance he could be a nice surprise. He looked like the best back compared to Mark Ingram and Eddie Lacy when all were in college together. Once he realizes he's supposed to be a power back again and drops some weight, he should be productive.

Thats just blind fanboy right there. There is no way if Bradford is healthy that Tebow is better then him.

Bradford and healthy is an oxymoron.

1. When is Bradford ever healthy?

2. The Eagles run the read option which fits Tim Tebow much better than Bradford or Sanchez. He'd have the Eagles be the #1 rushing team in the league like he did in Denver. (Didn't he win a Playoff game there? Whens the last time Bradford did that?) Come on...even a Tebow Hater could see that Tebow would be a perfect fit in that offense.

2. The Eagles run the read option which fits Tim Tebow much better than Bradford or Sanchez. He'd have the Eagles be the #1 rushing team in the league like he did in Denver. (Didn't he win a Playoff game there? Whens the last time Bradford did that?) Come on...even a Tebow Hater could see that Tebow would be a perfect fit in that offense.

Maybe in a Wildcat offense he'd be successful, but anyone that watches the Eagles knows that an accurate QB works better in the system. Foles is not a very mobile QB and he had tremendous success in first year, and fairly decent in the first half of this year

A quadriplegic Bradford is better than tebow,

Maybe in a Wildcat offense he'd be successful, but anyone that watches the Eagles knows that an accurate QB works better in the system. Foles is not a very mobile QB and he had tremendous success in first year, and fairly decent in the first half of this year

Don't get me wrong I like Nick Foles (although I never thought he was he next big thing like some did after his first year) and I'm not saying Tebow is better than Foles. My argument was that Tebow is a better player and a better fit than Bradford and Sanchez.

Tebow isn't going to win any award or throw for 5,000 yards. What he will do though is get you probably around 3,000 total yards throwing and rushing and he'll be an Alex Smith type player in terms of probably only having 15-17 Touchdowns but he'll only throw 6-7 Interceptions.

Sanchez has been known to triple those number of interceptions in a season.

Tebow will give the offense just enough trouble worrying about him throwing or running that he'll open up the gates for Murray and Matthews to run like crazy. Which would also make your defense better because they would be on the field less.

Also lets not forget that Tebow played at this best in the final 5 minutes of games when he was in hurry up mode. The Eagles are basically in hurry up mode the entire game which I feel would give Tebow less time to think and more time to just go out there compete.

I just don't get why he doesn't do what everyone and their grandmothers thinks he should do and become a TE.

I view Tebow as incredibly selfish personally. Dude wants to be a starting QB or nothing else. Doesn't show the dedication to the game. Has this sense of entitlement that he doesn't deserve at all. If you wanted to be the best you would put the work in, you would have took what ever job you could have gotten and competed for a starting job, or went to the Arena league just to hone your skills. Sure he worked on his throwing motion this past offseason but hes been doing that since he came to the NFL and the motion is EXACTLY the same. Dude also trademarked tebowing. He trademarked a position people use to pray to god.

Meanwhile last year you had a dude like Bryan Hoyer who when he found out Johnny Flameout was being drafted to his team he vowed to keep him holding that clipboard instead of asking for a trade or taking a year off because noones handing him the job. Hell you have Brady Quinn still kicking around on practice squads trying to break thorough.

Regardless of all that i don't understand the Eagles gameplan. Are you going to have a 3, possibly 4 man battle in training camp for the starting job? I don't like him but Foles was proven.

Archived