NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little biased for New England, but I see us on the Super Bowl, as I don't see anyone beating us at home. For the NFC, I see Seattle going back as they're playing lights out right now and I don't see them losing at home either.

The college playoffs should have been 6 teams, with the top 2 getting a bye. This would allow for all four major bowls (Fiesta, Orange, Rose, Cotton) to host a playoff game, but I guess the NCAA would never allow two teams to each play two big bowl games in one year, plus the final championship game.

God damn Oregon. I think they want this.

I think Florida State just isn't that good

Yeah even though they were undefeated, they kinda struggled all year. I remember them having to make a few comebacks this season.

But the SEC is so great you guys :lol:

Going into today I had Ohio State vs Florida State being the Championship match-up. Quit watching the game halfway through the 2nd Quarter, to me it felt like Florida State gave up. I got Ohio State upsetting Oregon just like Bama.

Anyone have any picks? I think it's gonna be Patriots vs Steelers and Seahawks vs Packers in the conference championships. Then probably Seahawks vs Patriots in the Superbowl.

Conference Championships
Patriots beating Broncos
Packers beating Seahawks
Super Bowl XLIX
Patriots vs Packers

Suh suspended for 1 game....that's OK, we didn't want to win a playoff game anyway.

Well considering Stafford is 0-16 on the road against winning team, which I actually didn't know. Even with Suh in the game, I retract what I said about the Cowboys losing to Detroit. Cowboys would get a win with, or without Suh. Then the Cowboys will promptly lose is Seattle and Cowboys fans will be sadly disappointed when the finally realize that beating the 'Hawks mid-season means nothing now. Especially since the Sea Hawks are playing like a much better football team these days. But, if they some how do beat Seattle. I wouldn't mind our undefeated home team adding Romo's first road loss of the season to the score board.

If the Cowboys win they will likely go on to face the Packers since they have the higher seeding of either the Cardinals or the Panthers. And since the Seahawks will likely beat either of those teams it would be the Packers traveling to Seattle for the NFC Championship game assuming the Cowboys don't beat the Pack.

Also the Suh incident should be a fine and hopefully reversed as of today. The question isn't even about Rodgers being stepped on twice because Suh was being pushed into Rodgers on the first step. The NFL has to prove the 2nd step was bad enough to warrant a playoff game suspension or just a huge fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za6QuSeiGE8

Whichever travels to Lambeau Field isn't gonna win, that's pretty much a given. The Cowboys play well on the road and are undefeated on the road because of it, but Green Bay plays better than the Cowboys at home than they do on the road. But, that's why the Packers are also undefeated at home, in this situation it's better to be a better home team than a good road team that doesn't get a bye week. I'm just hoping one of those teams can knock off the Sea Hawks, because then that means playoffs go through Green Bay.

I would love to see Fitzgerald come to New England, and give TB12 that outside threat, but I don't sea any realistic possibility of that happening.

All of our cap room this year is going to be used retaining our own guys (McCourty, Revis, Gostowski, etc.). Plus, we just signed Lafell this past offseason to a 3-year deal, and him and Fotz are similar type of WRs.

Archived