NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily Le'Veon Bell will be ready for our game on Saturday. Whew, thank goodness.

Also,

Marc Tressman (Chicago Bears)

Rex Ryan (New York Jets)

Mike Smith (Atlanta Falcons)

Jim Haurbaugh (San Fransisco 49ers)

Have all been fired so far.

In other news, TB12 changed his contract today, and freed up $24mil for NE this offseason. Now there's no reason Revis shouldn't get a new deal.

Didn't he do something similar to keep Wes Welker though?

Also we'll miss you Orton. You'll always be the guy that Tim Tebow replaced in Denver.

In other news, TB12 changed his contract today, and freed up $24mil for NE this offseason. Now there's no reason Revis shouldn't get a new deal.

Also we'll miss you Orton. You'll always be the guy that Tim Tebow replaced in Denver.

He did, and when we didn't re-sign welker he was livid. To be fair, though, Welker's agent has always given us problems. That's why I'm worried about Solder (they have the same agent).

He did, and when we didn't re-sign welker he was livid. To be fair, though, Welker's agent has always given us problems. That's why I'm worried about Solder (they have the same agent).

I'm actually surprised that Brady is allowed to do it. You'd think the players union and agents would be crying over not getting the most money possible.

Not a Patriots fan and I'm not sure if the Patriots will take advantage but I respect the move.

Suh suspended for 1 game....that's OK, we didn't want to win a playoff game anyway.

Well considering Stafford is 0-16 on the road against winning team, which I actually didn't know. Even with Suh in the game, I retract what I said about the Cowboys losing to Detroit. Cowboys would get a win with, or without Suh. Then the Cowboys will promptly lose is Seattle and Cowboys fans will be sadly disappointed when the finally realize that beating the 'Hawks mid-season means nothing now. Especially since the Sea Hawks are playing like a much better football team these days. But, if they some how do beat Seattle. I wouldn't mind our undefeated home team adding Romo's first road loss of the season to the score board.

Suh suspended for 1 game....that's OK, we didn't want to win a playoff game anyway.

Well considering Stafford is 0-16 on the road against winning team, which I actually didn't know. Even with Suh in the game, I retract what I said about the Cowboys losing to Detroit. Cowboys would get a win with, or without Suh. Then the Cowboys will promptly lose is Seattle and Cowboys fans will be sadly disappointed when the finally realize that beating the 'Hawks mid-season means nothing now. Especially since the Sea Hawks are playing like a much better football team these days. But, if they some how do beat Seattle. I wouldn't mind our undefeated home team adding Romo's first road loss of the season to the score board.

If the Cowboys win they will likely go on to face the Packers since they have the higher seeding of either the Cardinals or the Panthers. And since the Seahawks will likely beat either of those teams it would be the Packers traveling to Seattle for the NFC Championship game assuming the Cowboys don't beat the Pack.

Also the Suh incident should be a fine and hopefully reversed as of today. The question isn't even about Rodgers being stepped on twice because Suh was being pushed into Rodgers on the first step. The NFL has to prove the 2nd step was bad enough to warrant a playoff game suspension or just a huge fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za6QuSeiGE8

If it wasn't Aaron Rodgers who was already injured noone would have given two *censored*s about the play.

Being that it was Suh doing the stepping I'm pretty sure it would have still gotten a lot of attention regardless of the quarterback. Maybe he wouldn't have been suspended if it was say Blake Bortles, but he would have still gotten fined.

Suh has won his appeal and will be playing on Sunday. Instead will have to pay a 70k fine.

Explanation of why: The repeat offender policy was modified in 2014 in terms of what a player had to do to have a clean slate. After a first violation of a safety-related rule, a player must go 32 straight games without another such violation to have a clean slate. Includes reg. season, postseason and 2 preseason games.

Suh's last such violation was in Week 1 of 2013, when he was fined for a low block. So he went the rest of last season, 2 preseason games, and 15 reg. season games for 32 straight. So by the letter of the law, he had a clean slate.

The NFL thought stepping on Rodgers was bad enough that even as a first offense should be suspension, but the appeals office saw it different.

Players can hit someone with a 2x4 upside the head and the players association will get them out of trouble. There is almost nothing that's happened that hasn't been challenged by the player in question. I mean, you would have thought Ray Rice would have taken his punishment and sat out, but he decided to appeal his suspension. If I was caught on tape knocking out my wife with a punch I would just say I'm sorry and take the punishment.

Supposdly there is a mutual intrest between him and the Jets. Which is weird because if i had to choose i would have picked the Bills since they are younger and have some pretty great talent.

Yea. They have a better, all around, defense, and their offense has better, younger pieces.

Archived