NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think the big question marks will be with your running backs. CJ Spiller has the potential to do great things in Buffalo but he's also got Brown and Jackson still in the mix. Also Bell getting suspended today doesn't help thing but i dont think its a Josh Gordon situation. For a 12 team draft though its not bad.

Why are people sleeping on Alex Smith? He wasn't even drafted in my league.

Probably because he's thrown 30 TD passes in the last 2 years while the majority of QBs throw that in a single season. He's a decent player in real life but not sure he has much value in Fantasy. (Plus there are concerns of how healthy Bowe is)

Why are people sleeping on Alex Smith? He wasn't even drafted in my league.

I think hes a very undervalued QB in real life but in terms of fantasy hes not all that great. Hes a classic West Coast check down QB doesnt rack up enough yards and TD's to produce consistently for fantasy

Jesus Sam Bradford has terrible luck.

Take it from a guy who lives there, its so disspointing. It sucks that he is injury again but to tell you the true I never had that much faith in the guy to begin with. I mean with his career with the Rams he hasn't done anything worth while. I really thought RG3 would have been a good draft pick back in 2012. They had chances after chances to get "an insurance policy" during this draft Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, McCarron, and Boyd would have all be good picks. I thought there was a chance that this season the Rams could make some noise around the league but I doubt that will happen now.

Don't count out Shaun Hill though. He was a very good backup for the Lions and won some games for them while Stafford was hurt. Now I don't think he's good enough to take you to the big game, but neither was Bradford. I think Hill can keep the Rams in games if their defense holds up and win some of them.

Bradford improved season after season, which is why the Rams have continued to give him an opportunity to ease into the hopeful role as "their guy". He's just got shitty luck, but the fact is, Bradford wasn't going to take this team anywhere by himself, it's the Rams defense that's the most promising. But shit, I don't think Bradford is going to be able to come back from that, he tore the same ACL in the same knee as last year. It's not looking to good for him, I got feels for him though.

I would take Tim Tebow over Mark Sanchez. (Yes, I am going there.)

The Vikings went full retard. You want to start Matt *censored*ing Cassel? Let's see how long they wait until they implode. Teddy is the future of that team.

Also, how the *Censored* did this dirty, shitty ass *Censored* Brandon Meriweather only got a TWO GAME suspension for his like... sixth illegal hit? Goodell is a *censored*ing *Censored*, oh my god.

Teddy is the future, but I think they made the right call with Cassell. It's not like he outperformed Bridgewater, because he didn't, but I wouldn't put Teddy out there for the first three or so games on the Vikings schedule, because if he performs badly, his confidence is shot, and they're going up against watchable Rams defense in week 1, Tom Brady & The Patriots week 2, and the Saints the week after that. Those are tough games for a rookie QB. I see ultimately Teddy being named starter though, within the first few weeks of the season. I also see this first season of his being very comparable to Geno's last year.

QB Drew Brees

RB Rashard Jennings

RB Eddie Lacey

WR Percy Harvin

WR Julio Jones

TE Dennis Pitta

FLEX Torrey Smith

D Sea Hawks

K Stephen Gostowski

BENCH

Bernard Pierce

Alex Smith

Eric Decker

Greg Jennings

Steve Smith

Sammy Watkins

How many people in the league? overall not bad. Im not crazy on your starting Receivers and I think your alittle weak in RB depth but all in all pretty decent

I see what you mean, but I don't think Cassel is going to last, or even perform well against those teams either. We know what happened to him, and he's just not a viable option at QB for the long term.

No chance. In all honesty Bridgewater looked good for a rookie in my opinion and really deserves to start

one more fantasy league for you guys to judge (PPR 10 Man league(I didn't find out it was PPR till round 5 -_-))

QB Brady

RB Lacy

RB Gio Bernard

WR Dez Bryant

WR Randall Cobb

TE Veron Davis

FLEX CJ2k

D Bucs

K Matt Bryant

Bench

Golden Tate

Toby Gerhart

Jay Cutler

Riley Cooper

Jordan Reed

Darren McFadden

Brandon Cooks

I would take Tim Tebow over Mark Sanchez. (Yes, I am going there.)

The Vikings went full retard. You want to start Matt *censored*ing Cassel? Let's see how long they wait until they implode. Teddy is the future of that team.

Also, how the *Censored* did this dirty, shitty ass *Censored* Brandon Meriweather only got a TWO GAME suspension for his like... sixth illegal hit? Goodell is a *censored*ing *censored*, oh my god.

Let's see, Matt Cassel has out performed Teddy Bustwater every time that team has stepped onto the field. Matt Cassel is the QB to lead that franchise, and the guy is finally stepping into his prime. Teddy will have to play second fiddle to a better QB, unless he thinks he can start somewhere else in the League.

QB Drew Brees

RB Rashard Jennings

RB Eddie Lacey

WR Percy Harvin

WR Julio Jones

TE Dennis Pitta

FLEX Torrey Smith

D Sea Hawks

K Stephen Gostowski

BENCH

Bernard Pierce

Alex Smith

Eric Decker

Greg Jennings

Steve Smith

Sammy Watkins

How many people in the league? overall not bad. Im not crazy on your starting Receivers and I think your alittle weak in RB depth but all in all pretty decent

I see what you mean, but I don't think Cassel is going to last, or even perform well against those teams either. We know what happened to him, and he's just not a viable option at QB for the long term.

No chance. In all honesty Bridgewater looked good for a rookie in my opinion and really deserves to start

one more fantasy league for you guys to judge (PPR 10 Man league(I didn't find out it was PPR till round 5 -_-))

QB Brady

RB Lacy

RB Gio Bernard

WR Dez Bryant

WR Randall Cobb

TE Veron Davis

FLEX CJ2k

D Bucs

K Matt Bryant

Bench

Golden Tate

Toby Gerhart

Jay Cutler

Riley Cooper

Jordan Reed

Darren McFadden

Brandon Cooks

10 person league.

Let's see, Matt Cassel has out performed Teddy Bustwater every time that team has stepped onto the field. Matt Cassel is the QB to lead that franchise, and the guy is finally stepping into his prime. Teddy will have to play second fiddle to a better QB, unless he thinks he can start somewhere else in the League.

I'm not even going to argue with you anymore because you're an idiot. All you need to do is look at Cassel's starting performances when he left New England, and he had a more well-rounded team in New England than he ever had.

I'm not even going to argue with you anymore because you're an idiot. All you need to do is look at Cassel's starting performances when he left New England, and he had a more well-rounded team in New England than he ever had.

Let's put it like this, Matt Cassel moved the ball up the field 5/6 passes and threw the touchdown pass against the starters. Bustwater threw 2/12 heading into the second half against secondaries. Of course the win in pre-season doesn't matter, but the performance does because that's what keeps you safe from cut-day.

Let's put it like this, Matt Cassel moved the ball up the field 5/6 passes and threw the touchdown pass against the starters. Bustwater threw 2/12 heading into the second half against secondaries. Of course the win in pre-season doesn't matter, but the performance does because that's what keeps you safe from cut-day.

Teddy Bridgewater is a rookie QB, it's normal for them to make mistakes and he has to adjust to the playbook, and is still unproven at a pro level but he is still the most ready of this rookie QB class that's not named Blake Bortles. He's still second on the depth chart, and a shitty QB like Cassel is going to get killed by a defense like Chicago's. Cassel has only outperformed in pre-season, and every high-class, high hyped rookie like Bridgewater is obviously gonna have their mistakes because not all of them get the starting job handed to them like some have. The Vikings are still making a mistake starting Cassel.

Worth noting that he threw 3 touchdowns in Minnesota's last preseason game. Cassel is a disaster as a starter (a la Chiefs) and it's only a matter of time before Teddy shows why he should start.

Teddy Bridgewater is a rookie QB, it's normal for them to make mistakes and he has to adjust to the playbook, and is still unproven at a pro level but he is still the most ready of this rookie QB class that's not named Blake Bortles. He's still second on the depth chart, and a shitty QB like Cassel is going to get killed by a defense like Chicago's. Cassel has only outperformed in pre-season, and every high-class, high hyped rookie like Bridgewater is obviously gonna have their mistakes because not all of them get the starting job handed to them like some have. The Vikings are still making a mistake starting Cassel.

Worth noting that he threw 3 touchdowns in Minnesota's last preseason game. Cassel is a disaster as a starter (a la Chiefs) and it's only a matter of time before Teddy shows why he should start.

Bustwater will get the boot before he gets a starting job anywhere where he will prove to us how bad he is. And, that the Vikings were right to trade him where ever he goes to get real talent on their team. Teddy is as hyped up as RGIII, the only difference is that RGIII will be able to say he had one good season before becoming a bust.

Archived