• Please log in to reply
2853 replies to this topic

#2821 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 22,185 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:12 AM

The Browns always get a lot of flack, but the Lions are just as bad as them on the NFC side of things. The day the Browns and Lions meet in the Superbowl is the day I lick the taint of a poison dart frog and start tripping out like a drunken hobo possessed by the devil.

Edited by maskedmaniac, 09 January 2020 - 01:14 AM.

#2822 Doink!

Doink!

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:21 AM

The Browns always get a lot of flack, but the Lions are just as bad as them on the NFC side of things. The day the Browns and Lions meet in the Superbowl is the day I lick the taint of a poison dart frog and start tripping out like a drunken hobo possessed by the devil.

Just throwing out some history.

Since the 2002 realignment:

-The last team to receive a postseason birth was the Buffalo Bills.

-The team with the longest drought of making the postseason is the Cleveland Browns (2002).  The Bucs are next (2007), followed by the Jets (2010).  The Lions just made the postseason 3 years ago.

-As far as playoff wins, the Bengals have the longest streak without a playoff win, dating back to 1990.  The Lions are next (1991), followed by the Browns (1994), then the Bills (1995).

I guess you would say that the Lions could be considered the NFC Browns, but I think the AFC as a whole has been historically weaker than the NFC from 1990 to now.

#2823 Motown Saint

Motown Saint

Hero of the Night

• 2,818 posts
  • SEN (PS3): SonofMotown

Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:28 AM

I just heard that Detroit fired pretty much everybody on the coaching staff. As a Lions fan, I'm hoping they let Patricia go.

As a Lions fan, I have my doubts they'll do anything smart. 

How do you feel about the #3 pick? Tua is definitely going there IMO it just depends if Detroit takes him to replace Stafford or we trade out of it for a bunch of picks. 

I was just talking to a friend of mine (who is a Packers fan), and he said it would be wise to get Tua, and let him do what Aaron Rodgers did, and when he's ready, let Stafford go, and let Tua start, but honestly, I don't know.

I would love to see them get a DE or another CB to help out Slay.

#2824 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 25,866 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:06 AM

Tua is way to fragile to waste on the #3 pick.

#2825 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 22,185 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:28 AM

Just throwing out some history.

Since the 2002 realignment:

-The last team to receive a postseason birth was the Buffalo Bills.

-The team with the longest drought of making the postseason is the Cleveland Browns (2002).  The Bucs are next (2007), followed by the Jets (2010).  The Lions just made the postseason 3 years ago.

-As far as playoff wins, the Bengals have the longest streak without a playoff win, dating back to 1990.  The Lions are next (1991), followed by the Browns (1994), then the Bills (1995).

I guess you would say that the Lions could be considered the NFC Browns, but I think the AFC as a whole has been historically weaker than the NFC from 1990 to now.

Yeah the AFC has been much weaker, that's why the Pats have won so much lol. I remember a time when the AFC was so inferior to the NFC that it was something like 13 straight superbowls before an AFC finally won the Superbowl vs an NFC team when the Broncos beat the Packers.

#2826 nWo_Kevin

nWo_Kevin

Legend

• Members
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:47 AM

Not going to lie, I believed the hype on the Browns this year.  I hope they find a good coach that can help them win. Mayfield, Chubb, Hunt, OBJ, Landry. So much talent on that offense. They just need someone who can keep the egos and drama in check. 

#2827 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

Scoops Ahoy

• Members
  • 5,261 posts
  • SEN (PS3): NegativeCr33p_94
  • Steam ID: NegativeCreep
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:54 PM

Baker Mayfield needs to spend less time filming those cheesy Progressive commercials, IMO.

#2828 nWo_Kevin

nWo_Kevin

Legend

• Members
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:15 AM

Vikings

Ravens

Chiefs

Packers

idk why I thought Vikings had a chance. I guess I expected their run game to be better but 49ers looked good tonight.

#2829 Doink!

Doink!

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:21 AM

Packers have the flu bug going through their locker room.  Fortunately, only four players are listed as questionable and they are backups.

#2830 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 22,185 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:45 AM

Ravens about to choke hard.

#2831 nWo_Kevin

nWo_Kevin

Legend

• Members
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:11 PM

Derek Henry is such a beast.

I'd kinda enjoy seeing the Titans and 49ers in the Super Bowl. Just to see that run game vs that defense. 

#2832 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 22,185 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:31 PM

Texans vs packers please

#2833 nWo_Kevin

nWo_Kevin

Legend

• Members
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:57 AM

Only remaining team I hope doesn't win is the 49ers....even though I said I'd enjoy the matchup.

Though I think it would be cool for the 100th season of the NFL to end with the Chiefs Vs Packers which were the 2 teams in the first Super Bowl. 

#2834 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 25,866 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:49 AM

Houston's coach really galaxy brained that game, him trying to finish them off then rethinking it and going for a field goal was the end of them.

#2835 El Marsh

El Marsh

New Talent

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:17 PM

I've been watching the Chiefs for almost 30 years. I've endured a LOT of playoff heartache in that time. Seeing them bounce back from such a dreadful start to dominating was truly special and something that we Arrowhead faithful will remember for a very, very long time. I sincerely hope that our "A Game" shows up against Tennessee this Sunday and that I can see them play in the Super Bowl for the first time in my life. I'm truly indifferent on what happens in the NFC, a song as my team makes it in.

Only remaining team I hope doesn't win is the 49ers....even though I said I'd enjoy the matchup.

Though I think it would be cool for the 100th season of the NFL to end with the Chiefs Vs Packers which were the 2 teams in the first Super Bowl. 

That would be pretty nrat but sadly, that fact would be lost on most people and they'd only comment on the fact that those two teams' starting QBs have done commercials together for State Farm Insurance. It's already started without the SB finalists being determined.

#2836 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 25,866 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:36 PM

Did I ever mention that im so glad the Giants traded Beckham and hes not our problem anymore?

#2837 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 22,185 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:56 AM

https://www.nfldraft...1/super-bowl-3/

Kinda jumping the gun at this point.

#2838 nWo_Kevin

nWo_Kevin

Legend

• Members
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 02:44 AM

Guess I'm rooting for the Chiefs. 

#2839 NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep

Scoops Ahoy

• Members
  • 5,261 posts
  • SEN (PS3): NegativeCr33p_94
  • Steam ID: NegativeCreep
  • Twitter: @N3gativeCr33p

Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:15 PM

Guess I'm rooting for the 49ers.

#2840 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 22,185 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:40 PM

Though my Packers lost I'm still happy, no Patriots in the SB this year!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: American Football