NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

Lol @ The Michael Sam TV show.

Well ok if we are going to go by combine workout's Manziel was totally overrated anything past the 5th round since his combine wasn't too great and other QB's outperformed him.

Except in his Pro day he wowed pretty much everyone and had a better pro day than the others instead of just "improving" on his already dismal numbers. People are trying to give Michael Sam more than he deserves because of his sexuality and its incredibly dumb when he's literally slower than anyone he's going to have to chase down because his specialty is pass rushing. Manziel going first round and Michael Sam just about going undrafted (there are better UDFA's than Sam as well) tell the story of who impressed more in their NFL work outs

More hypocrisy..Why do you assume people give Michael Sam actual credit simply because he's gay? People give him credit because he's shown to be a good football player in college. And like Manziel, Sam improved on his combine numbers with his pro-day, but he isn't allowed the same positivity? Like, what?

Because NFL scouts obviously saw it the same way and drafted him that late. And now with the TV show we can see he's not that focused on football, more in the media circus he's making out of his sexuality that he "didn't want to be a factor". He went 7th round, should have went undrafted tbh. I say he gets MORE credit, not just credit because of his sexuality.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Censored* man. Robert Mathis got suspended for a PED violation for 4 games. Before you jump to a conclusion, read his statement:

ROBERT MATHIS STATEMENT: "It is difficult for me to address the circumstances surrounding this suspension because they involve very personal medical information, but it is very important to me that my fans, particularly young people, understand what did and did not occur. Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double check before I took the medication at the end of last season. The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the Commissioner refused the request. I am deeply saddened that this situation will prevent me from contributing to my team for four games, and I regret that I didn't cross check what my doctor told me before I took the medication. I hope that my fans will understand the unique circumstances involved here and continue to know that I am a man of integrity who would never intentionally circumvent the performance enhancing substance policy agreed to by the NFL and my union. The incredible blessing of this very upsetting situation is that, after I took the medication very briefly at the end of last season, we learned that my wife is expecting a baby. We are thrilled that we will be welcoming a new member in several months, but I apologize to my teammates, coaches and Colts fans that I will not be able to contribute to my team for the first four weeks of the 2014 season. I will work extremely hard during that time to stay in top football shape and will be prepared to contribute immediately upon my return."

*Censored* man. Robert Mathis got suspended for a PED violation for 4 games. Before you jump to a conclusion, read his statement:

ROBERT MATHIS STATEMENT: "It is difficult for me to address the circumstances surrounding this suspension because they involve very personal medical information, but it is very important to me that my fans, particularly young people, understand what did and did not occur. Like many families, my wife and I faced fertility challenges, and I sought medical assistance. I specifically asked the doctor if the medication he prescribed for me would present a problem for NFL drug testing, and unfortunately, he incorrectly told me that it would not. I made the mistake of not calling the NFL or NFLPA to double check before I took the medication at the end of last season. The union has worked very closely with me to present all of the facts and medical records for consideration of discipline that does not include a suspension because of the unique facts of my case, but the Commissioner refused the request. I am deeply saddened that this situation will prevent me from contributing to my team for four games, and I regret that I didn't cross check what my doctor told me before I took the medication. I hope that my fans will understand the unique circumstances involved here and continue to know that I am a man of integrity who would never intentionally circumvent the performance enhancing substance policy agreed to by the NFL and my union. The incredible blessing of this very upsetting situation is that, after I took the medication very briefly at the end of last season, we learned that my wife is expecting a baby. We are thrilled that we will be welcoming a new member in several months, but I apologize to my teammates, coaches and Colts fans that I will not be able to contribute to my team for the first four weeks of the 2014 season. I will work extremely hard during that time to stay in top football shape and will be prepared to contribute immediately upon my return."

The NFL needs to reconsider in this case. I don't think he should be suspended at all, but atleast reduce the suspension to one game. The guy wasn't cheating.

Nah I understand but the nfl has to make the point that players need to confirm with the nfl before taking any sort of drug the doctors recommend. It is really unfortunate but they need an example I guess, also at least something good came of it.

I agree. I think the whole point is to make sure people check with the NFL. Although a reduce in the amount of games could be in order.

• 2 weeks later...

How *censored*ing stupid are the 49ers for giving Kap a huge contract?

Hilariously stupid. They were towards the bottom of the league last year in passing offense, despite having more weapons than any team could ever hope for. And now since they got so much money tied up in Kap, they'll probably have to lose some of those weapons soon.

How *censored*ing stupid are the 49ers for giving Kap a huge contract?

Hilariously stupid. They were towards the bottom of the league last year in passing offense, despite having more weapons than any team could ever hope for. And now since they got so much money tied up in Kap, they'll probably have to lose some of those weapons soon.

Granted, they're not a pass-first offense like many of the teams in the league, and Kap's tendency to use his mobility detracts from his passing totals as well.

I hate Kaepernick. He looks like a ferret. And, if he would't kill me, I'd love to punch him right in the jaw. However, the guy wins. Winners get paid.

• 2 weeks later...

It's gotten to the point where I just want the Redskins to change their name so this whole thing can finally be over with.

And I'd totally like to get in on Fantasy this year too.

I really don't know about Jimmy Graham's contract situation right now, they want to tag him as a WR but he lines up as a TE, and is officially recognized as a TE.

The tag for receivers is $12 million, while for tight ends it's $7 million. Obviously Jimmy wants to say he's a receiver so he can get the extra $5 mil, but I don't think he has much of a case.

Archived