NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But noone can tell me why Manziel is going to succeed other then hes a winner. Hes not as smart as Rusell Wilson, hes not as fast as RGIII, hes not as big as Andrew Luck, but he has a decent arm. Take away the exciting plays from college and what does he have? I still think Carr is the QB with the most upside, maybe that dude from Central Flordia since i know nothing about him and hes going to be throwing to three incredible receivers for the next few years.

What I see going down is the orgiznation rushes to play him he doesn't have the time to properly develop/gets hurt and his career is over in 5 years. Brady Quinn 2.0 as much as it pains me to say that.

Fans wanted Terrelle Pryor. Fans know nothing.

This and countless other good plays. He improved, tbh he should have been given another season to prove himself instead of being rushed out even though I like Carr. Run DMC being broken down hurts him a lot

Fans wanted Terrelle Pryor. Fans know nothing.

This and countless other good plays. He improved, tbh he should have been given another season to prove himself instead of being rushed out even though I like Carr. Run DMC being broken down hurts him a lot

It's pretty telling that the play you show to illustrate your point is one he made with his legs, rather than his arm.

But noone can tell me why Manziel is going to succeed other then hes a winner. Hes not as smart as Rusell Wilson, hes not as fast as RGIII, hes not as big as Andrew Luck, but he has a decent arm. Take away the exciting plays from college and what does he have? I still think Carr is the QB with the most upside, maybe that dude from Central Flordia since i know nothing about him and hes going to be throwing to three incredible receivers for the next few years.

What I see going down is the orgiznation rushes to play him he doesn't have the time to properly develop/gets hurt and his career is over in 5 years. Brady Quinn 2.0 as much as it pains me to say that.

Good intuition for plays, fights to make sure its a positive play, and he has a solid sixth sense while dropping back and has the feet to make it happen. Add that to an arm that is better than Wilson and RG3 arguably and you have a guy thats worth the start. He needs to make some better decisions in the pocket instead of getting antsy and trying to get open field, but the reason we didn't see Heisman Johnny Football was because he was trying to shore up those things that made him and exciting COLLEGE guy. He's got a better sense for the game than anyone of the last QB stock other than Luck imo.

I'm surprised Houston didn't take a QB. I like the Jordan Mathews pick for Philly but i'm not crazy about Huff... I think that Moncrieff (or whatever his name is) taken a few picks after him is a better WR

Can someone explain the Bridgewater situation to me as well. I feel like for the past 3 weeks I saw him going as early as 4 and as late as the second round... Why?

I'm surprised Houston didn't take a QB. I like the Jordan Mathews pick for Philly but i'm not crazy about Huff... I think that Moncrieff (or whatever his name is) taken a few picks after him is a better WR

Can someone explain the Bridgewater situation to me as well. I feel like for the past 3 weeks I saw him going as early as 4 and as late as the second round... Why?

Basically, his pro workouts were awful. why you were seeing him ranked highly was because of his collegant game tape. plus, there is the whole glove thing.

I think we've had a great draft so far. Calvin Pryor in the first round I was a bit suspicious of, because I was hoping they'd take one of the top receivers. But he's a great player and he fits the style of our team, so it was a great pick for our defense. I think Jace Amaro has the potential to be big time, a good blocker, because that's the kind of tight end he started out as, so he's good for our run. And he's come along greatly in his receiving skills making him a great catching tight end. McDougle, meh..Don't know much about him, but from what I've heard from say, the say he has the potential to be a good role player. Jalen Saunders, though I would've preferred Bruce Ellington, looks very good on tape, he reminds me a bit of Desean Jackson, if he comes along he can be great for us. Shaq Evans & Enunwa look great as well, though out of the two I prefer Enunwa personally, he looks like he has some great hands and makes some pretty difficult catches. And Tahj Boyd...I love this pick, it gives us a great insurance plan if Geno proves to not be our guy in the long run, for now, he sits behind Geno & Vick and just spends that time developing as an NFL QB.

Idzik & Co. have done a great job so far.

I am only truly excited about Easley. Every other one of the Patriots picks has that EH feeling to it. Not a single player that I actually wanted. Theres looking to be a boatload of UDFAs that have a future in this league.

True.. @ Leo

Surprised Michael Sam hasn't been drafted at all. Although I do remember saying that him coming out would hurt his draft stock. Colt Lyerla is still available too, people felt he may have been a good fit for the Jets & Pats among other teams. But the Pats aren't taking him, not after Aaron Hernandez.

Good final pick with Trevor Reilly. That guy plays with some grit, prototypical NFL linebacker as far as on-field presence goes, he's quick so he gets around blocks pretty good from what I've seen. Stays in close vicinity of the ball at almost all times, could be something nice in the near future.

Good for Michael Sam. Truth betold, I wanted him to not get drafted in hopes my patriots could scoop him up. Guy is a beast pass rusher.

But, we didn't have to sit there and watch the straight 255 players kiss their girlfriends seven times. Justsaying.

Good for Michael Sam. Truth betold, I wanted him to not get drafted in hopes my patriots could scoop him up. Guy is a beast pass rusher.

But, we didn't have to sit there and watch the straight 255 players kiss their girlfriends seven times. Justsaying.

Wait till its an even bigger issue when he gets cut. He needs to step it up in training camp big time before he's worth putting on a roster with such a great front seven

Unless he improves a lot from his combine stuff, he won't have a very bright future in the NFL. Could he do it? Definitely, he has some great guys on the Rams to learn from. Do I think he will? No. I think he'll be kept on teams because of his sexuality which is the stupidest thing in the world.

Awards don't mean anything really. Heisman trophy winners have gone undrafted before.

This. If I judged them on their awards and not their NFL combines, then every award winner would be drafted before everyone else because thats what makes sense. His combine sucked, he's not the same physical specimen as some of the other top guys, and the Rams are deep on the line. Michael Sam would have been drafted way earlier if he was worth it

Sam will make a beastly 3 technique if he can put on some poundage. The guy is jacked already, so I guess its just more about fattening up. He doesn't have the length to play traditional End, nor the speed to play OLB. Too bad Aaron Donald is miles ahead of him or else he might get a look at the 3 tech.

Archived