NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

^^^ 3 years and while I was only picking on the Giants because I'm a Lions fan I do like Eli even though he can be inconsistent. I'll save Leo some time though by saying the last time Eli has a 25+ Interception season he went on to win the Super Bowl the following year and had probably his best year statistically.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Giants even make it to the Wildcard, I'll eat my Sunday hat. It'll be another mediocre year for Coughlin and Co. Maybe this year they'll finally fire the geezer and admit to themselves that they don't know what they're doing anymore.

The Eagles will rule the NFC East, for the second year in a row at 10-6. The Redskins will be at 9-7, just beating out the Giants at 7-9. Mark my words. Since the NFC is so stacked this year, they're in trouble for the next half decade.

The only time Eli Manning can actually play football is when he's in the playoffs, and since.. well, he's getting so much worse in the regular season.. they're fcuked. Especially since they let half their team walk in free agency, and haven't replaced ANY of them with people half as talented.

On the bright side, at least they didn't handcuff themselves with signing Eli to a ridiculous contract after a superbowl win like the Ravens did.

Last year was a bad time for the Ravens, although even then you could still argue they should have made it to the AFC Playoffs over a good amount of the teams. Despite missing most of their team, they still would have done better than the Bengals. Oh well, at least Joe Flacco is getting a replacement for Boldin in Smith.

Patriots.

WANT: RaShede Hageman, Colt Lyerla, Any Interior Offensive Linemen, Kelvin Benjamin, Marquise Lee

DO NOT WANT: Jace Amaro, any Quarterback that costs Mallett his future in NE, Louis Nix, Jeremiah Attachou, any receiver shorter than 6 foot.

In the case of the Jets..

WANT'S: Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Brandin Cooks, Darqueeze Dennard, maybe Justin Gilbert, and I'd take Amaro.

DO NOT WANT: A QB, Offensive Lineman (as a first round pick).

That's pretty much it, Offensive line is a need we need to fill since apparently people aren't sold on Brian Winters yet. But I think getting Geno some help is the more important thing, and our offensive line is far from terrible, can't say the same in regards to our receiving core.

Eagles

Do: Brandin Cooks, Calvin Pryor, Anthony Barr, Marquise Lee, Mike Evans

I'd be happy with any of those guys in the first. As for the rest of draft, I'd go mostly defense. Maybe add another WR or 2.

Don't: Manziel, Bridgewater, Dee Ford, Jordan Matthews in the 1st, a RB.

I have alot of faith in what Chip Kelly and Howie Roseman can do with such a deep draft. Hopefully it goes well.

Bengals

WANT: Top tier CB (I would like Ha-Ha Clinton Dix but I doubt it), a QB in the second or third round (Carr would be nice), or a Pass rusher (no preference as the first round is studded with em)

DO NOT WANT: Teddy Bridgewater in the first round, any of the top WRs of the class unless they fall, a waste of a LBer pick/trade away

Really bummed Tennessee picked Taylor Lewan. I hoped he would get picked by a team where he could be an immediate starter.. gonna have to wait a few years to see him dominate. Still my favorite player in this years draft.

I don't question the things Belichick does anymore. But, I'm just saying.. Ra'Shede Hageman would have been a better pick. Hell, Timmy Jernigan would have been a better pick. Easley is a reach.

In Belichick I trust...

Archived