NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

Griffin doesn't bother me as much. Neither does Jackson. One player doesn't change the team. Skins added Jackson while the Giants retooled the entire roster after finishing one game under .500.

We also still have Manning so there is that too. In reality we are only missing a TE and some D-Line depth. I would love to see us trade picks to somehow get Clowney.

I don't think that we'll do that or at least I hope not. Don't get me wrong, Clowney is a beast but imagine what we'd have to give up just to move up. Our first rounder and then at least another draft pick in this years draft and maybe another one in next years draft. It would be a lot to give up and perhaps worth it (depending on how is career progresses) but after signing Ayers we really aren't in bad shape as really as our defensive line is concerned.

I was reading an article on Bleacher Report a few days ago that pretty much insinuated that this is a make it or break year for Eli Manning as he only has two years left on his contract. However, of those two years this one is the one that counts because if he has another atrocious season like last years, the Giant's could actually opt to cut him and save around 15 million in cap space. So that being the case I'd imagine the NYG organization would do EVERYTHING in their power to help Manning be successful this coming 2014-2015 season.

Which would indicated to me that the Giant's are looking to draft the best player still available in the draft when it is their turn to pick. Personally I hope they draft Mike Evans or Ebron to give Eli another weapon besides Cruz because he desperately needs it.

People are putting too much blame on Manning for last year. Both Cruz and Hick held out in training camp and it totally showed with how well Randle did as he did excellent this year our O-line was rotated weekly, and at one point they were on there 5th RB.

Perhaps he doesn't deserve all the blame but he deserves a majority of it. Just some of the throws he made weren't that of a veteran qb. He made plenty of mistakes and deserved all the flak he got for it.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT Question: Name a player on you're favorite team that you really don't like. Mine was Patrick Chung and the year before that was King Dunlap... I guess well find out who it is this year

Before this offseason it was Darren McFadden & Jacoby Ford. But now Ford is gone & McFadden won me over with his crazy incentive-laden contract. Now? Denarius Moore maybe.

Right now? Andy Dalton. I'm just bitter though. For the longest time it was Shayne Graham

In all of this discussion we forgot all about, Zach Mettenberger out of LSU. This is a talented player who is being overlooked by the mega stars of the draft. I see this guy slipping late into the draft and being picked up by a team like Green Bay, or New England and becoming the next Tom Brady, or Brett Favre.

He definitely has the experience of many different coaching styles having played at three different Universities. Although, the torn ACL might be a turn off. Tom Brady has proven that you don't need ground speed to be a Super Bowl winning QB. For a team like the Raiders who recently picked up Schaub, this would be a good grab to have him sit on the bench and learn from Matt while he's in Oakland. Even if they don't grab him, or any QB, there's still plenty for McGloin to learn from Matt Schaub and become a high caliber QB.

I don't understand why the Browns are so quick to dump Brian Hoyer, he put up terrific numbers last year. He was looking like a savior until he got hurt. The worst part about the whole thing is that if they draft carr, play him 16 games, Hoyer could probably match his numbers and get another win or two in those same 16.

I don't understand why the Browns are so quick to dump Brian Hoyer, he put up terrific numbers last year. He was looking like a savior until he got hurt. The worst part about the whole thing is that if they draft carr, play him 16 games, Hoyer could probably match his numbers and get another win or two in those same 16.

This is the Browns we're talking about. Making bad moves since forever.

This is the Browns we're talking about. Making bad moves since forever.

And they still are able to make a movie off them lol

Manziel could turn the team around. Remember they had Blaine Gabbert as their "franchise" guy for a bit now. They weren't THAT bad when they had Garrard, MJD, Rashean Mathis, Reggie Nelson, Fred Taylor and quite a few other good D players. (Also the year they released Roman Reigns, I assume that led to their success ;) ). They get someone who can will them to some winning plays and they could do some damage tbh. The division should be on their toes, Houston especially if Jax gets Manziel

Archived