NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There might be too many mouths to feed in Washington. It could blow up in their faces.

I don't think so, Desean Jackson doesn't need the ball to be a threat. He draws double coverage and frees up everything around him and he will work really well with an athletic TE (Jordan Reed)

There might be too many mouths to feed in Washington. It could blow up in their faces.

I agree, completely, not to mention they're kind of throwing a rookie head coach to the wolves. For as humble as RG3 is, I get the feeling his head has gotten a little bit too big. Probably doesn't help that half the fan base thinks he will be the greatest scrambling quarterback ever when its all said and done.

They really need to address that offensive line before I can consider them dangerous at all. They cut their starting center, Montgomery, and to my knowledge haven't replaced him. Last year, all you needed was one good shot on RG3 and the skins would roll over. The explosiveness of Desean Jackson should counter-weight that somewhat, but there are definitely more moves that need to be made in Washington.. starting with a name change. Pretty sad thats been the dominant headline for the Redskins for the Jackson signing. At this point I would welcome a name change just so that we can stop hearing about it.

I agree, completely, not to mention they're kind of throwing a rookie head coach to the wolves. For as humble as RG3 is, I get the feeling his head has gotten a little bit too big. Probably doesn't help that half the fan base thinks he will be the greatest scrambling quarterback ever when its all said and done.

They really need to address that offensive line before I can consider them dangerous at all. They cut their starting center, Montgomery, and to my knowledge haven't replaced him. Last year, all you needed was one good shot on RG3 and the skins would roll over. The explosiveness of Desean Jackson should counter-weight that somewhat, but there are definitely more moves that need to be made in Washington.. starting with a name change. Pretty sad thats been the dominant headline for the Redskins for the Jackson signing. At this point I would welcome a name change just so that we can stop hearing about it.

The offense line has me extremely worried tbh.

Griffin doesn't bother me as much. Neither does Jackson. One player doesn't change the team. Skins added Jackson while the Giants retooled the entire roster after finishing one game under .500.

We also still have Manning so there is that too. In reality we are only missing a TE and some D-Line depth. I would love to see us trade picks to somehow get Clowney.

Griffin doesn't bother me as much. Neither does Jackson. One player doesn't change the team. Skins added Jackson while the Giants retooled the entire roster after finishing one game under .500.

We also still have Manning so there is that too. In reality we are only missing a TE and some D-Line depth. I would love to see us trade picks to somehow get Clowney.

I don't think that we'll do that or at least I hope not. Don't get me wrong, Clowney is a beast but imagine what we'd have to give up just to move up. Our first rounder and then at least another draft pick in this years draft and maybe another one in next years draft. It would be a lot to give up and perhaps worth it (depending on how is career progresses) but after signing Ayers we really aren't in bad shape as really as our defensive line is concerned.

I was reading an article on Bleacher Report a few days ago that pretty much insinuated that this is a make it or break year for Eli Manning as he only has two years left on his contract. However, of those two years this one is the one that counts because if he has another atrocious season like last years, the Giant's could actually opt to cut him and save around 15 million in cap space. So that being the case I'd imagine the NYG organization would do EVERYTHING in their power to help Manning be successful this coming 2014-2015 season.

Which would indicated to me that the Giant's are looking to draft the best player still available in the draft when it is their turn to pick. Personally I hope they draft Mike Evans or Ebron to give Eli another weapon besides Cruz because he desperately needs it.

70w32x.png

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/4/3/5578372/danieal-manning-signing-with-cincinnati-bengals

So maybe we are taking a DE first and then another QB in the later rounds. I might be able to sleep good tonight lol.

Thing is, I read that they're putting him behind Mays and Iloka on the depth chart instead of somewhere he can be used. Basically just depth at a position we had people for.

Mock drafts have us taking Kony Ealy which I'm 100% fine with. He was great at Mizzou and is a threat rushing. Dee Ford is the ideal pick, but we won't get him unless some weird shit goes on.

70w32x.png

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/4/3/5578372/danieal-manning-signing-with-cincinnati-bengals

So maybe we are taking a DE first and then another QB in the later rounds. I might be able to sleep good tonight lol.

Thing is, I read that they're putting him behind Mays and Iloka on the depth chart instead of somewhere he can be used. Basically just depth at a position we had people for.

Mock drafts have us taking Kony Ealy which I'm 100% fine with. He was great at Mizzou and is a threat rushing. Dee Ford is the ideal pick, but we won't get him unless some weird shit goes on.

I love that Kony guy. Hope he'll still be available.

I heard the Titans are releasing Chris Johnson today. In my dream world we release Benjarvis and pick Johnson up lol.

70w32x.png

I love that Kony guy. Hope he'll still be available.

I heard the Titans are releasing Chris Johnson today. In my dream world we release Benjarvis and pick Johnson up lol.

I agree haha A real threat on every down to compliment Gio's unreal hands and burst on 3rd. Will we do it? Nope because we probably won't be able to pay Dalton as much as front office wants because they're idiots.

I agree haha A real threat on every down to compliment Gio's unreal hands and burst on 3rd. Will we do it? Nope because we probably won't be able to pay Dalton as much as front office wants because they're idiots.

Lol no doubt. We gotta give Dalton that 6 year, 120 million dollar deal.

Don't forget Marvin Lewis will NEED an extension next year because he's the best.

I don't think that we'll do that or at least I hope not. Don't get me wrong, Clowney is a beast but imagine what we'd have to give up just to move up. Our first rounder and then at least another draft pick in this years draft and maybe another one in next years draft. It would be a lot to give up and perhaps worth it (depending on how is career progresses) but after signing Ayers we really aren't in bad shape as really as our defensive line is concerned.

I was reading an article on Bleacher Report a few days ago that pretty much insinuated that this is a make it or break year for Eli Manning as he only has two years left on his contract. However, of those two years this one is the one that counts because if he has another atrocious season like last years, the Giant's could actually opt to cut him and save around 15 million in cap space. So that being the case I'd imagine the NYG organization would do EVERYTHING in their power to help Manning be successful this coming 2014-2015 season.

Which would indicated to me that the Giant's are looking to draft the best player still available in the draft when it is their turn to pick. Personally I hope they draft Mike Evans or Ebron to give Eli another weapon besides Cruz because he desperately needs it.

People are putting too much blame on Manning for last year. Both Cruz and Hick held out in training camp and it totally showed with how well Randle did as he did excellent this year our O-line was rotated weekly, and at one point they were on there 5th RB.

The Patriots brought back Patrick Chung.. I know he was awful in Philly, but every DB is awful in Philly. Now that the Pats have changed their defense to be more physical and man up, I think he could contribute well.

The Patriots brought back Patrick Chung.. I know he was awful in Philly, but every DB is awful in Philly. Now that the Pats have changed their defense to be more physical and man up, I think he could contribute well.

Good riddance.. the only player I really disliked on the Eagles.. He always blew his cover. Freaking sucked in Philly

OT Question: Name a player on you're favorite team that you really don't like. Mine was Patrick Chung and the year before that was King Dunlap... I guess well find out who it is this year

OT Question: Name a player on you're favorite team that you really don't like. Mine was Patrick Chung and the year before that was King Dunlap... I guess well find out who it is this year

Before this offseason it was Darren McFadden & Jacoby Ford. But now Ford is gone & McFadden won me over with his crazy incentive-laden contract. Now? Denarius Moore maybe.

Archived