NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

I personally wouldn't drafter either one. I'd focus on taking a great defensive player who they can develop into a leadership type role and maybe in one of the later rounds take a quarterback like AJ McCarron or Murray to sit back a year or two while Matt Schaub runs things in the meantime.

Honestly, even if they do pick right and draft the right quarterback, be it Manziel or Bridgewater, and he is NFL ready, the Raiders still have ALOT of work to even be considered contenders in the AFC. So it'll still be a few years before they eventually right the ship and start making a push towards the playoffs.

But who knows, I'm no NFL owner.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teddy will be the best QB of the top 3, but I wouldn't take either one in the top 10. You can get much better value by taking a guy like Carr in the late 1st/early 2nd, or guys like David Fales, Zach Mettenberger, or Aaron Murray in the middle rounds. And I'm willing to bet that's exactly what the Raiders are planning. And they're really not that far off from being contenders.

Even if Bridgewater does good his first season, he is going to tank guaranteed. Only an idiot would pick Bridgewater of the Manziel, Carr, or just about anyone else. If they were to grab bridgwater, I would use him purely for trading power to pick up something better before the trade deadline ends in reg. season.

I have never heard reasons as to why bridgewater will bust. Yet I have heard plenty as to why manziel will do.

Now that he has the attention and spotlight that only the NFL can offer what his pro day shows us is that he cracks under immense pressure. As on the other Manziel clearly strives under immense pressure. The pressure of playing a college game is no where near the heights of the NFL. Clearly, Bridgewater can't perform under that kind of pressure. If there is a best QB that has the most chance to win a Super Bowl ring/MVP it's Johnny Manziel. If they Raiders draft Teddy Bridgewater they will have effective repeated the JaMarcus Russell draft pick by picking another bust QB that will probably become overweight.

No ones even mentioning Blake Bortles in here? IMO he will easily be the best long term QB in the draft.

He is by far the best year 1 QB, but I think he has a lower ceiling. What you see now is the Bortles you're going to get. Where as someone like Manziel will change and adapt based on a wider skill set

I have never heard reasons as to why bridgewater will bust. Yet I have heard plenty as to why manziel will do.

Now that he has the attention and spotlight that only the NFL can offer what his pro day shows us is that he cracks under immense pressure. As on the other Manziel clearly strives under immense pressure. The pressure of playing a college game is no where near the heights of the NFL. Clearly, Bridgewater can't perform under that kind of pressure. If there is a best QB that has the most chance to win a Super Bowl ring/MVP it's Johnny Manziel. If they Raiders draft Teddy Bridgewater they will have effective repeated the JaMarcus Russell draft pick by picking another bust QB that will probably become overweight.
That's a shit reason, a pro day ain't shit compared to a college game, especially a bowl game. Also how do you know manziel copes better with an nfl game when you have seen neither of them play an nfl game?

That's a shit reason, a pro day ain't shit compared to a college game, especially a bowl game. Also how do you know manziel copes better with an nfl game when you have seen neither of them play an nfl game?

A college game ain't shit compared the pro day. In a college game there isn't nearly as much media spotlight, or attention than pro day. What pro day is- is their first taste of the real NFL scene and Bridgewater couldn't hang. If he can't hang in what's suppose to be a taste of the NFL, how in the world is going to hang in the NFL?

A college game ain't shit compared the pro day. In a college game there isn't nearly as much media spotlight, or attention than pro day. What pro day is- is their first taste of the real NFL scene and Bridgewater couldn't hang. If he can't hang in what's suppose to be a taste of the NFL, how in the world is going to hang in the NFL?
So you are telling me that college bowl game which is watched by probably just as many people as an nfl game is nothing compared to an nfl game? Probably the only sport in the world where the lower grades have nearly as much coverage as the highest grade and it doesn't mean shit?

JaMarcus could have been great, had his fat ass hit the gym and dedicated himself to the sport.

But honestly, between Manziel, Bortles, and Bridgewater you really can't make a bad choice. All three have great potential and enough talent to be a starting QB in the NFL. I think their success will depend on who they are surrounded by and how many weapons the teams give them. I don't see a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck here, where he can just go to any old team and start lighting teams up. All three of these players are going to need A LOT of help to be successful in the NFL, at least for the first few years.

I personally would not trade up or even take these players in the top ten. There is still a good a mount of talented quarterbacks left that you could take in the second or third round. Quarterbacks like Aaron Murray, AJ McCarron, Derek Carr, guys who would take just as long to develop. Also guys you could draft without having that added pressure to start them straight away.

Lol a pro day reveals all that? A pro day? Really?? Lulz. And it's funny that you mention JeMarcus Russell after that, because statistically he had the best pro day for a QB, EVER. And look what happened...Pro days mean nothing.

Lol a pro day reveals all that? A pro day? Really?? Lulz. And it's funny that you mention JeMarcus Russell after that, because statistically he had the best pro day for a QB, EVER. And look what happened...Pro days mean nothing.

A pro day is sorta like a college student taking a 3rd graders math quiz. If he does amazing, big whoop. But if he fails than you start to question him a bit.

A pro day is sorta like a college student taking a 3rd graders math quiz. If he does amazing, big whoop. But if he fails than you start to question him a bit.

In that case, 'Bust'water says, "hi."

Archived