NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

Quite frankly, the Eagles were smart in the way they worded it. Desean probably does have "gang affiliations" in the sense that he grew up with, and likely is still close with, people that were/are in gangs. That's probably the extent of Desean's "affiliations", but when that term gets thrown around it makes it sound like he's another Aaron Hernandez.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder who's going to take a chance on him now. Bengals always take a chance with criminals and gangbangers. This is their time to strike.

DJax and AJ Green. Not even Dalton could mess that up right?

Lol I don't know man. Dalton doesn't like to be denied.

We could give him Adrian Peterson, Jerry Rice in his prime and a 10 mississippi count before the rush came and he'd still throw a clutch time INT in the playoffs

We could give him Adrian Peterson, Jerry Rice in his prime and a 10 mississippi count before the rush came and he'd still throw a clutch time INT in the playoffs

The dreaded over-throws... By God, I hope we draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

"Ummmm....Dalton why did you roll out and rush the throw? You still had like 6 more mississippi before they even were allowed to rush you"

We need SOMETHING to at least force him to improve. Draft McCarron if he's around.

The dreaded over-throws... By God, I hope we draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

"Ummmm....Dalton why did you roll out and rush the throw? You still had like 6 more mississippi before they even were allowed to rush you"

We need SOMETHING to at least force him to improve. Draft McCarron if he's around.

Lol.

I like Derek Carr from Fresno too. If he's around in the 2nd, I would take him. McCarron or him would be fine with me.

Lol.

I like Derek Carr from Fresno too. If he's around in the 2nd, I would take him. McCarron or him would be fine with me.

I actually love Carr's play after watching some more film on him, but I don't see him dropping to us. Early second rounder.

You guys are too harsh on Dalton. Hes been in the league for two years hes going to make some mistakes and he is going to learn from those mistakes. You don't think any of these QB's are going to come in and not throw a bad interception?

You mean 3. He's been alright. Let me grab his career stats.

• QBR: 86
  • Pct%: 61
  • Career passing yards so far: 11360
  • Yards per game: 237
  • Touchdowns: 80
  • Interceptions: 49

All average numbers. Good, but nothing too spectacular. Now his postseason numbers:

• QBR: 16
  • Pct%: 56
  • Touchdowns: 1
  • Interceptions: 6

This is where he hears the music.

You guys are too harsh on Dalton. Hes been in the league for two years hes going to make some mistakes and he is going to learn from those mistakes. You don't think any of these QB's are going to come in and not throw a bad interception?

You mean 3. He's been alright. Let me grab his career stats.

• QBR: 86
  • Pct%: 61
  • Career passing yards so far: 11360
  • Yards per game: 237
  • Touchdowns: 80
  • Interceptions: 49

All average numbers. Good, but nothing too spectacular. Now his postseason numbers:

• QBR: 16
  • Pct%: 56
  • Touchdowns: 1
  • Interceptions: 6

This is where he hears the music.

I have no problem with his pedestrian play in the reg season. We seem to be able to over come that. But I've now watched the team exit the playoffs round one both time on his arm alone. We need a winning QB. I don't mind keeping him, but he needs something behind him looming over him forcing him to get better

Redskins are also showing interest, hopefully the fact that the Eagles are in the same division will sway DeSean to sign with us. Thats an explosive offense.

Explosive... like explosive in the backside of the pants of anyone who is forced to watch RG3 hobble around in the pocket?

Redskins are also showing interest, hopefully the fact that the Eagles are in the same division will sway DeSean to sign with us. Thats an explosive offense.

Explosive... like explosive in the backside of the pants of anyone who is forced to watch RG3 hobble around in the pocket?

Why so hostile?

I'm not a huge Andy Dalton fan, I think he's good but deff not great. But when it comes to his playoff losses I think there is a lot of blame to go around. For example in his first playoff game as a rookie he had to throw 40+ times and in his last he threw 51 times. Lets also not forget some problems in the rushing game on both offense and defense for the Bengals. In your three playoff games your team as a whole ran for 76, 80, and 113 yards. While your opponents ran for 188, 158, and 196 total yards.

I'm not a huge Andy Dalton fan, I think he's good but deff not great. But when it comes to his playoff losses I think there is a lot of blame to go around. For example in his first playoff game as a rookie he had to throw 40+ times and in his last he threw 51 times. Lets also not forget some problems in the rushing game on both offense and defense for the Bengals. In your three playoff games your team as a whole ran for 76, 80, and 113 yards. While your opponents ran for 188, 158, and 196 total yards.

I'd agree about his first game, but this past year the defense and run game (Gio) were keeping us competitive while Dalton ran around, got hit, and threw picks. The first playoff game with Dalton for me was a "Okay, thats fine. Its a high pressure game, especially in Cinci against a team like Houston." and let him off. This year, he sunk us on his arm tbh. The stats may say something, but its hard to NOT rush for over 150 when the ball is in your hands that much with a lead

I'd agree about his first game, but this past year the defense and run game (Gio) were keeping us competitive while Dalton ran around, got hit, and threw picks. The first playoff game with Dalton for me was a "Okay, thats fine. Its a high pressure game, especially in Cinci against a team like Houston." and let him off. This year, he sunk us on his arm tbh. The stats may say something, but its hard to NOT rush for over 150 when the ball is in your hands that much with a lead

That's a problem too. While I like Giovani, he's like a Darren Sproles. A back that can stretch the defense in the passing game. Not a type of RB that would get you those tough yards. That's why we have Benjarvis here too ( he's not getting the job done either. He doesn't fumble but way too inconsistent ). I was hoping we were able to get Darren McFadden to come here, but he re-signed with Oakland.

I wish we never gotten rid of Cedric Benson. That was a mistake. We do need a strong running game to free up Dalton, but he needs to stop playing Jekyll & Hyde out there.

Why so hostile?

It was a joke. Plus, if you used the app NBC Sports Talk, pretty much all things Redskins is a joke because of a user by the name of logicalvoicesays.

Raiders doing big things this off season, I can see them going 7-9 this year which is an improvement.

But in all seriousness, that front office is a mess and they really screwed up a lot this off season. Namely dropping the ball with Rashard Jennings (which I'm thankful for - being a NYG fan) and not resigning their best offensive lineman. If they do manage to sign DeSean Jackson that would be a step in the right direction, giving Schaub a deep threat who can actually ball. Let's just hope, for the Raiders sake, Jackson can keep his nose clean and stay out of trouble. If in fact the Raiders can secure him as apart of their roster.

Archived