NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panthers are *censored*ed.

They signed Jerricho Cotchery, which is a step in the right direction.

They should sign about four more or so to make up for the ones they lost.

They're probably gonna get at least 1 from the Draft. The others? I honestly don't know.

Signing a 31 year old wide receiver to a 5 year contract... seems hypocritical to me.

2 years, and he was more productive than Steve Smith was last season. Smith got 4 TD's, Cotchery got 10. I'm still disappointed about the whole Steve Smith ordeal, but at least the Panthers managed to sign at least one WR.

Why would Carolina not go after Hester? He was on the market for a while and just got scooped by ATL. At the very least you have a slot guy and one of the best KR guys ever.

Hester ain't shit as a wideout, and the NFL is trying to eliminate kickoffs all together

Getting Schaub is a very low-risk/high-reward type move. They traded a 6th for him, and they wouldn't owe him anything if he's a bust and they cut him.

As for DJax, he might be too much of a headache. But if they do land him (which I'm not convinced they're serious about), I wouldn't complain. Especially if they don't give up a whole lot for him.

Vick isn't starting for this team. I don't know why so many people feel that's a possibility right now. I think he's reliable in limited situations, and I think if Geno gets hurt for a game or two, Vick will be a suitable replacement for those couple of games. But there's no way he'd play a whole season here. The sports channel's and regular people alike are making too much of this.

I'm lovin' the fact that we finally released Sanchez, he's let us down long enough. But still, with his release, marks the end of an Era for the Jets with the whole Sanchize project. Now, if only we can actually get Desean Jackson, now THAT will make this a pretty good offseason free agency for the Jets. But unfortunately for me, I don't find it likely that that will be happening.

Why would Carolina not go after Hester? He was on the market for a while and just got scooped by ATL. At the very least you have a slot guy and one of the best KR guys ever.

Dude, I don't know.

Panthers managed to sign to 3rd-string QB in Joe Webb, and WR Tiquan Underwood. There's still a big gap in WR, but at least it's not as massive as it was a week and a half ago.

any chances they try to leap frog someone and steal Sammy Watkins? Watkins and Tavon Austin though..

lol thought you guys were talking about the rams for some reason.. yeah, but no. Carolina is in a baaaad way right now offensively. have they contacted Kenny Britt? dude still has potential to be one of the best in the league.

...why

What the hell is Philly doing, RELEASE Desean Jackson?

Dont even get me started. This is so stupid.... DeSean Jackson is worth more than 3rd round value, he expressed that he wants to stay in Philly and he came off the best year of his career. PLUS he is the type of player that will use this as fuel. I am LIVID as an Eagle fan right now

Why would Carolina not go after Hester? He was on the market for a while and just got scooped by ATL. At the very least you have a slot guy and the best KR guy ever.

Fixed

haha I cosign your fix, I just wanted to stay neutral so it didn't turn into a KR debate :P

Archived