NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mario Manningham resigns with the Giants for a one year deal. The only move that confuses me this offseason is the resigning of Curtis Painter. We could use all the salary cap space why waste it on a 3rd string QB.

This is our offseason so far:

New York Giants

Signed: CB Walter Thurmond (Seahawks); S Quintin Demps (Chiefs); RB Rashad Jennings (Raiders); LB Jameel McClain (Ravens); G Geoff Schwartz (Chiefs); C J.D. Walton (Redskins); CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Broncos); WR/KR Trindon Holliday (Broncos); Mario Manningham (49ers).

Lost: DT Linval Joseph (Vikings); S Ryan Mundy (Bears); LB Keith Rivers (Bills); TE Brandon Myers (Buccaneers); WR Hakeem Nicks (Colts); DE Justin Tuck (Raiders).

Re-signed: LB Jon Beason; K Josh Brown; S Stevie Brown; LB Mark Herzlich; RB Peyton Hillis; FB Henry Hynoski; QB Curtis Painter; CB Trumaine McBride; LB Spencer Paysinger.

Cut: C David Baas.

Unsigned: G Kevin Boothe; RB Andre Brown; C Jim Cordle (restricted; not tendered); OT David Diehl; RB Brandon Jacobs; WR Louis Murphy; TE Bear Pascoe; DT Mike Patterson; DT Shaun Rogers; CB Aaron Ross; RB DaRel Scott (restricted; not tendered); CB Terrell Thomas; CB Corey Webster.

So they don't have a TE at the moment.

Noone noteworthy but im sure we can fix that in the draft. Our only real needs right now are a TE, DT and DE.

We're a bunch of losers. Can't get no one to come here.

I don't even know why I keep checking tbh. Let go a bunch of players, signed our coach back for some ungodly reason who endorses the use of Dalton, then did absolutely nothing....

Lol like it's right there. We're top 3 in the AFC as far as talent goes ( right behind Denver and NE ), but it's like they don't want to achieve anything. I never seen anything like this before :lol: .

We're a bunch of losers. Can't get no one to come here.

I don't even know why I keep checking tbh. Let go a bunch of players, signed our coach back for some ungodly reason who endorses the use of Dalton, then did absolutely nothing....

Lol like it's right there. We're top 3 in the AFC as far as talent goes ( right behind Denver and NE ), but it's like they don't want to achieve anything. I never seen anything like this before :lol: .

If we don't draft well I'm going to be furious. CB in round 1 or best defensive player available, then QB round 2

Cam Newton to undergo ankle surgery. 4 months of recovery time expected. This off season just gets more-and-more nerve-wracking for Panthers fans.

Good thing it's just a minor surgery. Still, it makes me a little more nervous about the current Panthers situation.

They currently do not have a receiver with more than 3 career catches? Holy.

Yep. Their GM let all 4 of their top WR's walk into Free Agency (except for Smith, he got released). Smith signed with the Ravens, LaFell signed with the Patriots, Ginn went to the Cardinals, and Hixon signed with the Bears.

Hate the Giant's with a passion but I have to admit they've arguably done the best job so far with offseason free agency. The Eagles looking to get rid of Desean Jackson supposedly stems from Chip Kelly not being to fond of Desean's personality, sounds like player and coach have been butting heads. I don't think we have enough to trade for him (Jets), over on SB nation a guy said we can trade for him with two fourth rounders, I don't see Philly going for that at all, not for Desean Jackson. But if they do get rid of him, whereever he goes, they still have Riley Cooper. Pick up a receiver in the draft to not really filly Desean's shoes, but to fill his spot, and the Eagles should be okay.

Archived