NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess everyone is saying that Teddy Bridgewater sucks now because he didn't really have a good pro day. JaMarcus Russell had what is considered the best pro day anyone had ever seen, just keep that in mind when putting stock in this kind of thing.

They signed him today.

I still think you need to resign Terell Thomas and Corey Webster. Webster was great for years when he had someone talented playing next to him and for two years he played basically alone and for the most part held his own. Thomas was phenomional last year.

Panthers need to sign James Jones, like ASAP!

Or basically any receiver who has 1 catch in their NFL career can become the #1 WR for that team.

So according to NFL.com, Panthers' GM Gettleman told Nicks to go play for the Colts. If this is true...the *Censored*?! I honestly have no idea who's still left in Free Agency, except for Jerricho Cotchery (who is visiting Carolina on Monday).

Panthers need to sign James Jones, like ASAP!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's being reported that he's reached an agreement with the Raiders

Yeah I'm not surprised. Unlike the Panthers, the Raiders actually have money to spend.

1901235_690665410980150_214874546_n_zpse

I lol'd. But it is the truth, the Panthers are stacked on defense. But offense? Close to nothing.

I don't really get the whole obsession with the panthers' defense. sure, they have a great defensive line, but aside from that and Luke Kuechely.. I don't see it.

Many defenses have proved that when you have a great line, you have a great defense.

I don't really get the whole obsession with the panthers' defense. sure, they have a great defensive line, but aside from that and Luke Kuechely.. I don't see it.

Many defenses have proved that when you have a great line, you have a great defense.

Absolutely. But, you'll have to remember how many of those defenses were one year wonders? The Titans? The Jets? The Bears? The Texans?

Greg Hardy. And our defense has always been solid (The Jets), I don't recall any year when we were one year wonders. Granted after those two AFC Championship appearances in which our defense took us to the playoffs two years straight, yes we had a dropoff in production but we still remained among the top defenses in the league. Last season was the same story.

Mario Manningham resigns with the Giants for a one year deal. The only move that confuses me this offseason is the resigning of Curtis Painter. We could use all the salary cap space why waste it on a 3rd string QB.

This is our offseason so far:

New York Giants

Signed: CB Walter Thurmond (Seahawks); S Quintin Demps (Chiefs); RB Rashad Jennings (Raiders); LB Jameel McClain (Ravens); G Geoff Schwartz (Chiefs); C J.D. Walton (Redskins); CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Broncos); WR/KR Trindon Holliday (Broncos); Mario Manningham (49ers).

Lost: DT Linval Joseph (Vikings); S Ryan Mundy (Bears); LB Keith Rivers (Bills); TE Brandon Myers (Buccaneers); WR Hakeem Nicks (Colts); DE Justin Tuck (Raiders).

Re-signed: LB Jon Beason; K Josh Brown; S Stevie Brown; LB Mark Herzlich; RB Peyton Hillis; FB Henry Hynoski; QB Curtis Painter; CB Trumaine McBride; LB Spencer Paysinger.

Cut: C David Baas.

Unsigned: G Kevin Boothe; RB Andre Brown; C Jim Cordle (restricted; not tendered); OT David Diehl; RB Brandon Jacobs; WR Louis Murphy; TE Bear Pascoe; DT Mike Patterson; DT Shaun Rogers; CB Aaron Ross; RB DaRel Scott (restricted; not tendered); CB Terrell Thomas; CB Corey Webster.

Mario Manningham resigns with the Giants for a one year deal. The only move that confuses me this offseason is the resigning of Curtis Painter. We could use all the salary cap space why waste it on a 3rd string QB.

This is our offseason so far:

New York Giants

Signed: CB Walter Thurmond (Seahawks); S Quintin Demps (Chiefs); RB Rashad Jennings (Raiders); LB Jameel McClain (Ravens); G Geoff Schwartz (Chiefs); C J.D. Walton (Redskins); CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Broncos); WR/KR Trindon Holliday (Broncos); Mario Manningham (49ers).

Lost: DT Linval Joseph (Vikings); S Ryan Mundy (Bears); LB Keith Rivers (Bills); TE Brandon Myers (Buccaneers); WR Hakeem Nicks (Colts); DE Justin Tuck (Raiders).

Re-signed: LB Jon Beason; K Josh Brown; S Stevie Brown; LB Mark Herzlich; RB Peyton Hillis; FB Henry Hynoski; QB Curtis Painter; CB Trumaine McBride; LB Spencer Paysinger.

Cut: C David Baas.

Unsigned: G Kevin Boothe; RB Andre Brown; C Jim Cordle (restricted; not tendered); OT David Diehl; RB Brandon Jacobs; WR Louis Murphy; TE Bear Pascoe; DT Mike Patterson; DT Shaun Rogers; CB Aaron Ross; RB DaRel Scott (restricted; not tendered); CB Terrell Thomas; CB Corey Webster.

So they don't have a TE at the moment.

Archived