NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else read Rashard Mendenhall's article on his retirement? His explanation was pretty interesting.

Read it last night as I was fairly shocked to see him "retire". It was a good read, and I get where he could be coming from. To me the part that stood out the most was the part where he posted about people berating him online and such and him not being able to even count how many times he's been called a "dumb N*****". To me, that sounds like what broke him. Dude was putting his body on the line to get insulted over media and such and he didn't want that anymore. Sucks, I was a huge fan of him in Illinois behind Juice Williams.

It was just weird to me how he says he still loves playing football, he just doesn't want to risk his health in today's game for other's entertainment. The usual reason for early retirement is loss of passion or love for the game it seems. So when someone still loves it and has the skill, it's a bit odd.

It's rumors the Saints might cut Darren Sproles. I wouldn't mind picking him up ( if I were the Bengals ).

Maybe for KR, I like our RB group though. Gio is a beast and BJGE runs hard on short yard downs. Jared Allen, a vet QB that isn't Matt Cassel, Hester, then draft DB

It's rumors the Saints might cut Darren Sproles. I wouldn't mind picking him up ( if I were the Bengals ).

Maybe for KR, I like our RB group though. Gio is a beast and BJGE runs hard on short yard downs. Jared Allen, a vet QB that isn't Matt Cassel, Hester, then draft DB

Yup.

In all of the mock drafts, we see ourselves grabbing an CB or SS. Lol or...

2n1ywdc.png

Too bad we don't really have any intriguing assets besides Green & Dunlap ( and they're not going anywhere ).

Yup.

In all of the mock drafts, we see ourselves grabbing an CB or SS. Lol or...

2n1ywdc.png

Too bad we don't really have any intriguing assets besides Green & Dunlap ( and they're not going anywhere ).

First off, Welcome to Free Agency gents!!!

I would LOVE Revis to show up in Cinci. Word is they're just going to drop him, so hopefully the Bengals make a play for at least one big name

Raiders have more cap space than anybody, and are on the verge of losing the few good FA's we have. This is frustrating.

But apparently we're major players to land Revis

Nnamdi didn't save him when he started there, they should maybe try and get other players haha

Colts lost Bethea to 49ers. I'm gonna miss that guy.

Although we did sign Arthur Jones just now.

Hoyl *Censored*, Adam Schefter is going crazy on Twitter with these signings!

Big name signings:

Dexter McCluster to Titans

Jared Veldheer to Cardinals

Branden Albert to Dolphins

Lamarr Houston to Bears

DeMarcus Ware is cut

Screw you Tampa Bay. Michael Johnson is staying in Cincy *censored's* :mad: .

Edit: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24477938/michael-johnson-buccaneers-agree-on-five-year-43m-deal

There's a new regime in Tampa Bay, but they're taking a similarly aggressive approach to free agency as the prior front office. And it looks like the Buccaneers have landed one of the top free agents available this offseason in defensive end Michael Johnson.

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora hears Johnson's deal with the Buccaneers, which will likely be announced after free agency begins at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, will average around $8.5 million per year with $24 million guaranteed.

Josina Anderson of ESPN firms up those numbers, noting it's a five-year, $43.75 million deal for Johnson in Tampa Bay.

That's a pretty reasonable deal for our No. 5 overall free agent, especially since the Buccaneers desperately need help with their pass rush.

Gerald McCoy is a rock in the center of the line when healthy and Adrian Clayborne has upside at defensive end, but they need a true No. 1 pass rusher to chase quarterbacks likeDrew Brees, Cam Newton and Matt Ryan.

There are concerns with Johnson's overall game but he should work well in Lovie Smith's defense. His season in 2013 -- he had just 3.5 sacks with the Bengals in a contract year after being franchise tagged the season before -- should give you pause.

The Buccaneers will look like a very different team in 2014. That could be a good thing.

*CENSORED*

Giants aren't joking resigned Stevie Brown, signed Rashard Jennings, signed Geoff Schwartz, signed OBrien Schofield, are on the verge of resigning Tuck, retained Peyton Hillis and Trumaine McBride.

I would love for us to pick up either Golden Tate or Jermicheal Finley. Manning could restructure to free up cap space.

Archived