NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

Certain teams I thought were cool and or liked when they dominated, like my home town Lakers in the 80's and 2000's, or the Bulls of the 90's. The 49er's in the 80's were cool and despite being from LA I had to give it up to the SF Giants when they won 3 titles in 6 years. However teams like the Cowboys, the Celtics, and Patriots among others I always disliked when they win it all because their fanbases come off pretty deuchie or have a ton of bandwagoners. I do like the Warriors currently, not enough to be a team I root for, but not really a team I hate. I'll root for them over either the Cavs or Celtics if they meet in the finals or even over the Spurs and Rockets.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't McDaniels an assistant coach somewhere else I think Denver or KC and he kinda got out of that job in a sleazy way too?

He was the head coach for Denver. I don't think he left in a sleazy way but he made some questionable moves such as trading away Jay Cutler and drafting Tim Tebow in the 1st round.

• 1 month later...

Browns are making really good movies, they better go for Barkley in the draft.

Right...

Don't expect much from the Browns next season. They can double their win total from last season and they would only be winning one game. I guess for Browns fans a good season means not going 0-16. Not trying to be an ass as I like the Browns, I just don't expect much from them, not until they get a solid head coach and a good Quarterback.

Tyrod is more of a game manager but he never had many weapons in Buffalo besides Shady. Browns offense could be at least Top 15 this year. I'd say 5-6 wins this year isn't out of the question. I just don't know much about their defense to say they could win more than that.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Patriots-Bears in Chicago this year. I have every intention of going to that with my best friend. Will be my first NFL game, too. Any suggestions, from anyone whose been to a game before?

Patriots-Bears in Chicago this year. I have every intention of going to that with my best friend. Will be my first NFL game, too. Any suggestions, from anyone whose been to a game before?

Depending on the time of year this game is... dress accordingly.

Enjoy some tailgating in the parking lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get tickets yet? It probably goes without saying but it's worth the extra money to get 1st row seats IMO, even if your on the 2nd level or something. Being able to see the game without anyone in front of you is soooo nice.

I just got two tickets for Bears/Bills in the endzone, 1st level and 1st row for about $300.

Did you get tickets yet? It probably goes without saying but it's worth the extra money to get 1st row seats IMO, even if your on the 2nd level or something. Being able to see the game without anyone in front of you is soooo nice.

I just got two tickets for Bears/Bills in the endzone, 1st level and 1st row for about $300.

Nice! I havent bought them yet, waiting for my friend to see what his budget is

Archived