NFL/NCAA Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait.... the Patriots only had one penalty called on them the entire game? And that pass interference call lol, I've never seen a referee throw a flag with such emotion he looked really *censored*ing pissed like some one had just killed his dog. And the last time that the Patriots had just one penalty all game? the 2011 AFCCG against the Ravens. That fumble recovery that was called dead too.. I'm kind of glad a lot of people are waking up and seeing the NFL for what it is now they are losing so many fans. I wouldn't say the game is rigged, I do think the referees are extremely biased though. Over the past 15 or so years I doubt there a team that has had more things go there way then the Patriots. The games against the Steelers, Jets, and Bills all come to mind.

More with the people making excuses, and trying to find any reason, that New England is winning? Jeez, grow up and just admit that you wish your team could achieve the sustained success they have.

Also, if youre gonna come up with excuses, at least be original. It always the same three or four things.

Lol what? So you'd rather someone make up bullshit? I just once would like to have a discussion where a Patriots "fan" (and I use that term loosely because I was born and raised in New England and before 2001 you "fans" didn't exist) didn't resort to the hater defense. If you don't think they have been getting preferential treatment then you're oblivious.

Why was that fumble return called dead? Ya know the one that would have put the Jags up 7. On that big 3rd down conversion that sealed the game why wasn't that hold called on the Patriots Offensive line? Why were the supposed unbiased referees getting so emotionally involved? Please explain.

Lol what? So you'd rather someone make up bullshit? I just once would like to have a discussion where a Patriots "fan" (and I use that term loosely because I was born and raised in New England and before 2001 you "fans" didn't exist) didn't resort to the hater defense. If you don't think they have been getting preferential treatment then you're oblivious.

Why was that fumble return called dead? Ya know the one that would have put the Jags up 7. On that big 3rd down conversion that sealed the game why wasn't that hold called on the Patriots Offensive line? Why were the supposed unbiased referees getting so emotionally involved? Please explain.

The fumble recovery, was the correct call. The process of the exchange took place as they were falling. Ive seen so many times where the refs blow the whistle early, in instances like this, hell New England had a similar situation either last year or the year before. The only reason people are botching about it, is because New England benefiteed from it.

The holding no-call, I agree that definitely shouldve been called. But lets not fool ourselves, even if they call that, it wasnt the deciding factor in the game. Jags had NO offense that second half, due to New Englands adjustments.

And the reason the hater argument is brought up so frequently, is because it holds validity.

As a 49ers fan for the better part of 30+ years, I know all too well the "hate" that is thrown around when an NFL team has prolonged success.

Yeah. 80s 49ers, 90s Cowboys, 70s Steelers, 00-10s Patriots. And thats just football. Look at other sports, Lakers and Celtics in Basketball, Yankees in Baseball. Every team that has prolonged success is hated on for the simple fact theyve been so successful for so long. It just gets annoying.

Edit: on the bright side, SF looks lromising with Jimmy G at QB. You guys got the next face of the NFL at QB with, I believe. Was sad to see him go, but glad hes (at least looks to be) going to do well.

Edit: on the bright side, SF looks promising with Jimmy G at QB. You guys got the next face of the NFL at QB with, I believe. Was sad to see him go, but glad hes (at least looks to be) going to do well.

Promising, indeed. And I'll be even happier if/when they ink the baby GOAT to a long-term contract. The day that happens is the same day I will immediately order a Jimmy G 49ers jersey.

FeelsGoodMan

When Brady some day retires who do you guys see as the future of the AFC? (I say AFC because its been either Brady, Big Ben, or Peyton....and Flacco in the Superbowl for like the last 15 years) Are they in the NFL or haven't been drafted yet?

Personally I'm a huge fan of Deshaun Watson. I used to like David Carr but I'm not completely sold on him anymore.

When Brady some day retires who do you guys see as the future of the AFC? (I say AFC because its been either Brady, Big Ben, or Peyton....and Flacco in the Superbowl for like the last 15 years) Are they in the NFL or haven't been drafted yet?

Personally I'm a huge fan of Deshaun Watson. I used to like David Carr but I'm not completely sold on him anymore.

DeShaun Watson is definitely promising. I still believe in Carr, especially with the Jon Gruden addition to the team. Outside of those two, who knows. I want to believe in Luck, especially with the (alleged) signing of Josh McDaniels as their HC, but idk how tough he is mentally, or physically, after this latest shoulder injury.

The AFC looks bleak opposed to the NFC. NFC has Wentz, Goff, Dak, Wilson, Garapollo, Cam, and even Rodgers could still play another 6 or 7 years, and that is just the guys I can think of off the top of my head. In the AFC I can't name anyone once Brady and Big Ben retire. Unless Blake Bortles can put up the numbers he put his last two games in the playoffs no one really comesto mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived